PDA

View Full Version : Bliss' & Mildred's babies....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mags
25-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Those pics bring a lump to the throat Fran, it's so, so good to see Bliss and Mildred sharing the little family again.

random
25-11-2007, 09:35 PM
A couple of piccies....

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Mildreds12days0001_1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Mildreds12days0001_2.jpg

The only girl out of both litters :roll:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Mildreds12days0001.jpg

Wonderful news Fran, that first pic is so precious. x

Fran
25-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Wonderful news Fran, that first pic is so precious. x

It certainly is Random and despite being £750 lighter, it's worth every penny to see what we thought we would never see again...we feel blessed to have been so lucky that Mil is still here. I'm thinking of taking both girls to the vets in the morning as Bliss doesn't seem herself just recently and isn't eating very much. I wonder if both girls might need a tonic and I'm also going to speak to my homeopathic expert and see what advice/remedy he might be able to offer me...

charliebubs
25-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww - those pics are just gorgeous Fran. They make such an adorable family. I'm so pleased to see that Mil is looking well and is back where she belongs.

Perhaps Bliss is just a little exhausted?! I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Big hugs to you all.
xx

dandysmom
25-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Lovely to see Bliss and Mildred together with the babies like that; really really touching. And the little blue torbie.....awwwww! Have you thought of a name yet, or is it early days...
Thumbs up for a good report at the vets tomorrow!!

borderdawn
25-11-2007, 10:33 PM
So good to see those pics. Best of luck at the vets tomorrow, I hope things are on the up now.

Kay
25-11-2007, 11:01 PM
The pics are gorgeous. Hope it goes alright at the vets. Love the little girl she is so cute.

Moli
25-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Lovely to see them cuddled uptogether, so pleased Mildred is recovering and is back with her kittens...

yola
25-11-2007, 11:12 PM
What wonderful pictures Fran. I's so glad that everything seems to have turned out OK.

random
25-11-2007, 11:16 PM
It certainly is Random and despite being £750 lighter, it's worth every penny to see what we thought we would never see again...we feel blessed to have been so lucky that Mil is still here. I'm thinking of taking both girls to the vets in the morning as Bliss doesn't seem herself just recently and isn't eating very much. I wonder if both girls might need a tonic and I'm also going to speak to my homeopathic expert and see what advice/remedy he might be able to offer me...

Good luck Fran with the vet and your homeopath, Maddy (My Weimaraner) has cost me a bomb too with her being the problem child :roll: but even if I could go back in time i'd still pick her from the litter. You can't put a price on them so I know exactly what you mean.

Hope both girls come home with good news from the vet. x

Fran
26-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Lovely to see Bliss and Mildred together with the babies like that; really really touching. And the little blue torbie.....awwwww! Have you thought of a name yet, or is it early days...
Thumbs up for a good report at the vets tomorrow!!

No, no name as yet. It's early days, one of the babies is concerning me tonight. I'm not happy with him, so he'll be off to the vets in the morning too I think. It's been a very difficult time for both the babies and mummys so I'm making no assumptions or naming until further down the line. Fingers crossed for the little one...

Grete
26-11-2007, 09:15 AM
That is such a wonderful pic of them Fran, really good to see them so contented :)

The little girl is adorable too :)

borderdawn
26-11-2007, 02:55 PM
How are things today Fran?

Fran
26-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Been to the vets, I mentioned that Mildred hardly has any appetite. The vet examined her and said she was really constipated so she gave her an enema with a more or less instant result! I have to give her another enema this evening, which will be fun as she hated the one she had this morning :? She also has some Lactulose to take. Other than that the vet was very pleased with her. She has agreed to give her a calcium and vit D supplement to try and prevent a reoccurance of the eclampsia now she has milk again and is feeding some babies.

I also took one of her babies with her, I have two babies that have dropped weight since yesterday. One of them seems perkyish in himelf and is attempting to still suckle, the other is less interested in feeding, so he is the one I took to the vet. The vet could find nothing at all obvious wrong with him, his temperature was normal and he was bright and alert, she checked his heart and lungs and eyes, nose and mouth, all appears quite normal :? She has given him some subcutaneous fluids and a vitamin supplement but my gut instinct is not good for this little one. I've tried supplement feeding him with little success, so healing vibes for him and the other little one that has also dropped some weight please..

Moli
26-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Pleased to hear Mildred is coming on well....healing vibes for the little one....

Mags
26-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Healing vibes to both the little ones Fran.......

So pleased Mildred is improving and I expect she is feeling a whole lot better after the enema ............ good luck with the next one tonight!;)

dandysmom
26-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Good news about Mildred! Sending healing vibes for both the little ones.....

sarahd
26-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear Mildred is doing much better despite her enema ordeal bless her.

Fingers crossed and lots of healing vibes being sent your way for the two little kittens who are not doing so well. I really do hope they pick up the last week or so has been rubbish enough for you without all this as well.

Keep us posted on how they are doing and take care

Sarah
x

random
26-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Glad the mums are doing well, and best wishes for the babies concerned Fran. x

MrsH
26-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Good news about Mildred, good luck with this evening's enema! Fingers crossed for those two little ones.

Grete
26-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh gracious, poor Mildred, what an ordeal for her. Glad she is feeling better and continues to improve!

Fingers and paws crossed here for the two little ones who have dropped weight, I hope they pick up again.

*hugs*

borderdawn
26-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear Mildreds "blockage" has been moved!! She will feel better now. Best of luck for the babies, I hope they all pull through.
Dawn.

Elaine
26-11-2007, 08:25 PM
My thoughts and best wishes to all of them xxx

Kay
26-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Glad Mildred is on the mend and good luck with tonights treatment.....rather you than me!!!

I hope the babies pick up. I know how worried you are but try, not matter how hard, to think positive. Animals pick up so easy our feelings and it might help them if you can remain a little optimistic no metter how hard it is.

Thinking of you all.

Kazz
26-11-2007, 09:35 PM
So in all everything is good, I am pleased to hear it and long may it continue to improve.

Karen

Kay
28-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Hope everything is ok today. Fran. Look forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Fran
29-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Just about keeping our heads up above water at the minute. I'm hand rearing 3 of the babies that have dropped weight and don't seem 100% One of those babies has infact put weight on today and is looking perkier. Mildred is still not going to the loo :? She is still on lactulose and enemas but her appetite is increasing so lets hope that kick starts her bowels! Bliss seems ok and is helping Mildred raise her babies.

I went to see Bliss' babies today, they are looking super and are toddling around and playing with each other now :cool: They'll be four weeks old at the weekend.

Kay - I am so looking forward to seeing you on Friday, you have been such a great support to me, I really do not know how I would have got through all of this without you x Please excuse the state of my house, nothing has been done here since I started hand rearing the babies :roll:

Mags
29-11-2007, 12:14 AM
I hope everything continues to go well with the babies and they start putting on weight very soon, Fran.

Fingers crossed things start moving with Mildred soon as well...

Elaine
29-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh Fran, I amsorry to hear thingsstill quite stressful just now. Still have everything crossed for the kittens and Mildred. xxx
I am sure kay isnt the slightest bit interested in the state of your house so put that one to the very back of your mind for now and take care of yourself. xxx

Jac
29-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Fran I'm really sorry that you and Mildred are having such a tough time of it.
I wish there was something I could do for you. Mind you if Kay's coming tomorrow you'll have all the reinforcements you'll need.
Thinking about you. Xx

sarahd
29-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear you are having such a horrendous time with everything :(
Really hope Mildred and the kittens pick up and get back on top form soon

Sarah
x

dandysmom
29-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Hope all is going well today, Fran ..........

Fran
29-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Well we still have the 6 babies, it's a blimmin' miracle tho! there are 3 of them that are really not pulling any trees up and need hand feeding every two hours. I'm absolutely shattered and to top it all, hubby has been off work today with a really nasty tummy bug :( I've tried to phone Kay to warn her before she sets off up here just incase she would prefer to keep away until it has abated but haven't been able to get in touch with her as yet.

On a brighter note, Mildred has managed to go to the toilet without aid this evening :cool: I was only saying to hubby earlier that I would have to go and get some more enemas tomorrow as she hadn't 'been'. It was extremely runny but then she has been pumped with lactulose :roll:

Just hanging about now until the babies are ready for a feed then it's a case of get my head down for a couple of hours or so before the next feed is due :roll:

Mags
29-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh dear Fran, you must be absolutely shattered..:( ..are the three hand fed ones putting on any weight yet?

Sorry to hear Martyn has got a tummy bug :(.....I just hope you don't catch it from him at the moment..:(

Good news about Mildred, she's bound to feel heaps better after that ;)

Fran
29-11-2007, 11:57 PM
are the three hand fed ones putting on any weight yet?

One of them has put a few grams on, one has remained the same weight as yesterday and one has lost weight :?

Mags
29-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Fingers crossed and healing vibes being sent to them Fran .......... sounds like you are long overdue for a good rest too... :(

Fran
30-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Fingers crossed and healing vibes being sent to them Fran .......... sounds like you are long overdue for a good rest too... :(

Lol! nursing hubby is harder work than nursing the babies :roll: :-D

Mags
30-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I can quite imagine Fran!! :-D

Grete
30-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Awww lots of *hugs* Fran and sending healing vibes to cats and man ;)

Jac
30-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Aww Fran I hope your all turning the corner now. (((())) Hugs.

dandysmom
30-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Everyone knows "man flu" is worse than what women get.......:-D

Hope all's going well this afternoon and that you can finally get a bit of rest before you get ill yourself!

Elaine
02-12-2007, 11:13 PM
How are things with you and the cats/kittens Fran? I hope all is well and getting better by the minute xxx

Fran
03-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi thanks Elaine, not been on much as I have been busy with the babies and Kay has stopped over this weekend :cool: Kay has been a godsend of support to me and I must extend a huge thank you to her!

Well, all the babies are still with us and seem to have turned the corner, touch wood. I am still feeding three babies but they are very much perkier and are starting to put respectable amounts of weight on now. Another week and I will be able to try and wean them, so fingers crossed for that. I took Kay to see Bliss' babies at their foster home and they are looking lovely, they are running around and playing and are starting to wean now. I can't wait to get them home so that I can enjoy them but I realise that they need to be fully weaned first. The foster mummys are wonderful and are so protective over the babies, you would never know that they did not belong to them. I have been blessed that Mil's breeder was on hand to help out and for that I am so grateful. It's been a rollercoaster of emotion coupled with extreme fatigue at times but I am starting to feel very much more positive about things now. I have a couple of piccie of the 'nicest' two of Mildred's babies. I'll upload in a little while...

Fran
03-12-2007, 01:12 AM
This is the 'typiest' kitten in the Mildred's litter at the minute. This lovely lad may have a possible show home ;)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/niceboy2.jpg

and this is our little tortie tabby girl....

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/girl.jpg

I'll take some piccies of the others as soon as I get time between the feeds stc... :roll:

Grete
03-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh they are just precious! I'm so pleased the kittens are doing better!!

dandysmom
03-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Glad everyones doing better; the kitten pics are lovely, especially the little torbie (not that I am the least bit prejudiced,,,:-D ) !!

yola
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Delighted to read that the corner may have finally been turned . . . the kittens are precious. Look after yourself Fran.

Jac
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Fran they are lovely!!! I'm so glad that Kay was able to give you the support you needed.
You sound a lot more possitive. That's great, and I'm glad the babies are doing well.

Are you keeping the wee girl?

sarahd
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Those babies look adorable you must be so proud of them

I am so glad things are looking up for you now with the babies and of course Mildred it must be a huge relief and weight of your shoulders. You just can't enjoy them when you are worrying so much can you :(

Fingers crossed they have all now turned the corner and are just going to get stronger and stronger.

Sarah
x

Mags
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
So pleased things are improving for you Fran, you have certainly had a hectic few weeks.

The babies are looking wonderful, the little tortie tabby looks such a sweetie! :D

smudgley
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank the lord.
I'm always frightened to read this thread, so good things are looking up.

Moli
03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Good to read the kittens are picking up, those babies are just gorgeous....

Fran
03-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Are you keeping the wee girl?

We are hoping to keep her, our fingers are crossed that she will be showable :-)

Elaine
03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I am pleased things are looking so much brighter and that you have had alot of support through out all this.
Your gonna need a holiday after all this Fran;) I'm available for pet sitting;)

Kazz
03-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Pleased they are all well. but can I say here....*cough cough, cough*Hmmmm excuse me please but does this ;) mean we may know the owner of the lad.....the ;) and this paragraph lead me to believe we may....
This is the 'typiest' kitten in the Mildred's litter at the minute. This lovely lad may have a possible show home :wink:

Well Fran spill the beans

Fran
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Your gonna need a holiday after all this Fran;) I'm available for pet sitting;)

Well that's very kind of you Elaine :-D

Pleased they are all well. but can I say here....*cough cough, cough*Hmmmm excuse me please but does this ;) mean we may know the owner of the lad.....the ;) and this paragraph lead me to believe we may....
This is the 'typiest' kitten in the Mildred's litter at the minute. This lovely lad may have a possible show home :wink:

Well Fran spill the beans

Not a lot passes by you does it Kazz? :roll: It's early days, I think we will see how he turns out before any beans are spilt ;) :-D

Jac
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Fran, it's nice to hear you sounding more up beat about it all.
It must be a big relief for you to have turned the corner. keep the photo's coming:lol:

Kazz
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Well that's very kind of you Elaine :-D

Not a lot passes by you does it Kazz? :roll: It's early days, I think we will see how he turns out before any beans are spilt ;) :-D

I will wait and see..............:-D ..................but a hint would be nice.;)

borderdawn
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Glad things are on the up, good to hear.
Dawn.

random
04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
So glad things are looking up fran, the babies are lovely, little Yodas! :mrgreen:

Kay
05-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the lovely weekend Fran. The kittens are adorable all of them. They definitely turned a corner while I was here. Keep up the good work you are doing a brilliant job.

The photo's are gorgeous. I have to agree with Kazz..... a hint maybe in order!!!

Kazz
05-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the lovely weekend Fran. The kittens are adorable all of them. They definitely turned a corner while I was here. Keep up the good work you are doing a brilliant job.

The photo's are gorgeous. I have to agree with Kazz..... a hint maybe in order!!!

Kay I love you...:-D ....See Fran Hint...Hint...Hint:-D

Fran
05-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Kay I love you...:-D ....See Fran Hint...Hint...Hint:-D

Hmmm, a clue, let me see :smt017 Ermmmmm...well this person already has cats and is a very experienced cat owner :-D

smudgley
05-12-2007, 07:20 PM
kay? :?...........................

Jac
05-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Random? or Charlie?

Kazz
05-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Moli. :) :)

dandysmom
05-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Charlie? ......

Fran
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
The babies this evening..............

Bagheera (Oriental black)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Bagheera.jpg

The 'typey' Siamese...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/middlesiamese.jpg

The little oriental blue boy (this little lad was the one that had me most worried and the one I took to the vet but seems to be doing well now)...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/littleblueboy.jpg

The small Siamese (this is another that has had me worried) ...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/littlesiamese.jpg

The large Siamese (this is the biggest of the Siamese but is the third that I have been hand rearing)...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/bigsiamese.jpg

and finally, our little tortie tabby girlie :-).....

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/bluetortietabbygirl.jpg

Kazz
05-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Awwwwwww they are all lovely glad to see them doing so well but the little black one is lovely. :) they all are actually.

And new home I guess You... you meet the criteria very well........... Hmmm, a clue, let me see :smt017 Ermmmmm...well this person already has cats and is a very experienced cat owner :smt003
I guess you Fran

Fran
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Awwwwwww they are all lovely glad to see them doing so well but the little black one is lovely. :) they all are actually.

And new home I guess You... you meet the criteria very well........... Hmmm, a clue, let me see :smt017 Ermmmmm...well this person already has cats and is a very experienced cat owner :smt003
I guess you Fran

:lol: I am hoping to keep the tortie tabby girl but someone else is interested in the 'typey' siamese ;) So hopefully two of the babies will have a show home :cool:

Moli
05-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Well done PK, they are absolutely stunning, do love the Blue Oriential....

Kazz
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Well done PK, they are absolutely stunning, do love the Blue Oriential....

Oi stop trying to throw a red hering in about the blue oriental:roll: I guessed you for the typey siamese.:-D :-D

Mags
05-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Fran, thank you for posting these pics, we have been so worried about these little ones and now it is a treat to see them looking so well! :D
Well done for all the hard work you have put into rearing these beautiful kittens..:D

Elaine
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Lovely pictures Fran, kinda have a big soft spot for the black one myself, he's a wee cutie.:D

dandysmom
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Lovely pics of all the little ones, especially my favorite torbie girl! She looks so sweet...

Jac
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh there so sweet. Well done Fran.

smudgley
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Glad they are now doing so well. :cool:

yola
06-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Like Pat, I have to say I adore the blue boy. He's just got that vulnerable look about him that attracted me to Balie. Whoever they go to, I'm certain that you will have chosen carefully.

Look forward to learning who the lucky new home for these babes will be :-D

babycakes
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Only just read this thread Fran so sorry for not sending healing wishes. Hope Mildred and the babies are ok

babycakes
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Girlie is a little Mildred I love her the best

Kay
06-12-2007, 10:26 PM
The pics are fantastic Fran. They are coming on so well. When will you have some pics of Bliss's babies as they have really grown when I saw them at the weekend.

Fran
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
When will you have some pics of Bliss's babies as they have really grown when I saw them at the weekend.

I'll be visiting them at some point this week, hopefully I'll remember to take my camera!

Animagus
07-12-2007, 03:33 AM
wow just read this thread.... what a areally scary time u have had fran... am glad everything has turned out well... love the wee black he is georgous....

Fran
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Tried the babies with a little baby rice today. The two small babies couldn't get enough of it! :cool: The bigger babies were less bothered but it's a start they have all had their first taste of food. I am going to see Bliss' babies tomorrow, so will get some piccies of them :D

dandysmom
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
That's great news, their first solid food!! I've never had a kitten, what exactly is "baby rice"?

random
08-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Aww bless them. Ours were a nightmare to wean so I hope it goes smoothly for you. x

Kazz
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Ahhh all systems go now Fran just imagine all those litttle brains "grouping" together to try to work out how to get to the top of the tree...a bit like 101 kittens...:)

Fran
08-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Ahhh all systems go now Fran just imagine all those litttle brains "grouping" together to try to work out how to get to the top of the tree...a bit like 101 kittens...:)

Hmmm, exactly why I am thinking twice about putting a tree up this year :roll: :-D

Aww bless them. Ours were a nightmare to wean so I hope it goes smoothly for you. x

Thank you! Ria's babies were not too bad to wean, mainly just one that was very much more reluctant than the rest but I need not of worried as she got the hang of it in her own time :lol:

That's great news, their first solid food!! I've never had a kitten, what exactly is "baby rice"?

It's a rice based first food that people often give human babies as their first taste of food. It comes in a powder/flaked sort of form that you mix with baby milk..

dandysmom
08-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks, Fran! The things I learn on Catsey! I was thinking it was maybe some very soft mushed-up rice with something in it like maybe chicken broth....:oops: .....

Fran
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I went to see Bliss' babies today :cool: They are 5 weeks old now and are doing really well with the weaning. Some of them are already eating RC babycat biscuits :D Here's a few piccies..

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001_18.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001_1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001_2.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001_3.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/09-12-070001_4.jpg

charliebubs
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww - I love the red babies!!! The one in the back of that last pic is gorgeous - look at those ears!!!! :) They are all stunning Fran. :)

charliebubs
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Just seen Mil's babies too - they are looking lovely Fran!!! The tortie tabby girl is a darling :) I'm sure she'll do you proud!!! They are all just adorable though.

Did you reveal who the new mystery owner is!?!?!?!?

Not me :( lol

Mags
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Bliss's kittens are absolutely stunning Fran, the pic of them all together is definitely "awww factor"! :D
I couldn't pick a favourite out of them as I think they are all fab! :D

Kay
09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Duplicate post.

Kay
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Awww Bliss's babies are gorgeous really growing up. The big Red is really coming on. Have you chosen any names yet?

Tanya
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Those babies are gorgeous! You must be so proud of all your hard work?! :)

random
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh Fran they are so beautiful!

Moli
09-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Absolutely beautiful.....

Fran
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Did you reveal who the new mystery owner is!?!?!?!?

Not me :( lol

No I didn't Charlie ;)

Have you chosen any names yet?

Well, yes! I have chosen a couple. I thought about Chapelrose Bagheera for Mildred's black Oriental boy and Chapelrose Baloo for Mil's blue Oriental boy. May continue the Jungle book theme with exception of the 'typey' Siamese boy who may have a show home ;) and for him the name will probably be Chapelrose From Me To You (probably will be called Thai as his pet name, chosen by his new owner ;) )

dandysmom
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Adorable babies! The group shot is lovely!