PDA

View Full Version : Guilty as charged.

Kazz
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Well Wed night, due to a mix up. The cat flap got locked "open 1 way" so Cleo could get out but not back in. :? so when I got up Thursday morning about 5.30am she wasn't there she was outside I let her in she was freezing and since has had difficulty getting upstairs and seems unsure on her back legs. I assume she was sitting on the step and got cold.:( Wel l tonight took her to the vets and she has had a steriod jab - hopefully that may ease her joints. Nothing else they could do. But vet"new" Stephanie commented how beautiful she was and her coat was in great condition. :) She purred throughout the vet appointment:roll: and rolled over for the vet to tickle under her chin.:roll:
She has slept since coming home, but eaten some chicken (her appitite has not changed nothing has) but boy do we al feel guilty.

Karen

dandysmom
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Awww, Karen, accidents do happen, don't beat yourself up about it! She's seen (and charmed!) the vet and is eating OK, sure she'll be fine. (((hugs))) to you both!

Mags
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh mummy how could you!!;) Poor Cleo......it was a good thing it wasn't during the winter months ...:?

I can imagine you felt really guilty Kazz :( but it was unintentional...

I hope the steroid jab has eased her old joints, a nice few days of warm sunshine should help put her right..:D

dinahsmum
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Aww, poor Cleo - it was cold yesterday morning. But you don't need me to tell you that or make you feel any more guilty :oops: Bet the steroid jab works wonders and eases her stiff old bones.
Best wishes to you both

alexgirl73
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
aww! Poor Cleo AND you Karen. Don't feel bad a bot it, these things happen. I'm sure the steroid jab will have her right as rain ((hugs)) to you both x

Fran
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
These things happen Kazz, don't beat yourself up. Cleo is fine and hopefully the steroid jab will help ease her joint pain x

Kazz
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I worried all day yesterday at work about her, came home and she had slept all day under the radiator when I came home because I was at work early this morning in for 4.00am, as our revamp finished today - which went well I was mentioned apparently by name today by a couple of chaps from the the board of directors from Kingfisher (parent company of BQ) and managing director bloke (whatever) of BQ - who today when the visit finished came down to find me and "Thank me again for all my hard work and asked if I would offer advice to the directors on how future revamps should be handled as ours is the best "warehouse within the warehouses he has ever seen after a 3million£ revamp our/my managment are over the moon. :)

Anyhow last night I went to bed early and Cleo curled up against me and stayed there so tonight I took her to the vets, she is fine and asleep - I am shaken but surviving. :)

Elaine
08-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Aww poor baby Cleo xxx
Dont feel to badly Kazz, its not like you meant it to happen xxx
I know what you mean about the guilt though. Eva and I had words yeaterday which resulted in me shouting at her:oops: . I never raise my voice in anger and the poor Diva looked so hurt and upset:cry: . Man did I feel absolutely awful.
She loves me again now though:D

Mags
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Congratulations Kazz for being such a diligent worker, you're worth your weight in gold to them ............. that was the moment to have asked for a rise!!;):lol:

How's your arm now?

alexgirl73
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
How could you shout at the poor Diva Elaine!!! LOL!
Well done on being recognised for your hard work Karen!

dandysmom
08-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on the well-deserved praise from your management!!! A little bonus in the paycheck would be nice also for all your hard work!

Elaine
08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Congratulations on the well-deserved praise from your management!!! A little bonus in the paycheck would be nice also for all your hard work!

I would demand one:lol:
Congratulations Karen xxx

sarahd
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Try not to be so hard on yourself Kazz these things do happen and sometimes i think cat flaps are a law unto themselves anyway. I am sure ours changes settings by itself and its so easy for the cats to clip the lever thingy that locks it etc. It might not even been any one of you it could have been one of the cats.
At least she is ok now and thats the main thing

Sarah
x

Kazz
08-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks all she has just come back into the room and took a flying leap from standing onto a chair. :)

dandysmom
08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Woo hoo, that steroid jab is working!

Kazz
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Wouldn't say I don't go to work for money however I do go to work to do my best, and the fact we/my team tried our best to keep on top - as been recognised then I am pleased for them all especially those who want to get on; better to be part of a winning team than also rans. Best of all we kept our sense of humour and lost no one by the wayside, the lads all brought me a bottle of champagne today too as a "Thank you" Very nice really.
Karen

dandysmom
08-06-2007, 10:44 PM
That was a lovely gesture Karen! Enjoy it!

tilly
08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Don't worry tomuch about cleo I am sure sahe has forgiven you already. It sound like the steriod are doing the trick.

Sally

Animagus
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
sounds like it has been an eventful couple of days ... and Cleo sounds as if she is fine... dont beat yourself up Karen mistakes happen to all of us xxxx