Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #1

Guilty as charged.

Well Wed night, due to a mix up. The cat flap got locked "open 1 way" so Cleo could get out but not back in. so when I got up Thursday morning about 5.30am she wasn't there she was outside I let her in she was freezing and since has had difficulty getting upstairs and seems unsure on her back legs. I assume she was sitting on the step and got cold. Wel l tonight took her to the vets and she has had a steriod jab - hopefully that may ease her joints. Nothing else they could do. But vet"new" Stephanie commented how beautiful she was and her coat was in great condition. She purred throughout the vet appointment and rolled over for the vet to tickle under her chin.
She has slept since coming home, but eaten some chicken (her appitite has not changed nothing has) but boy do we al feel guilty.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #2

Re: Guilty as charged.

Awww, Karen, accidents do happen, don't beat yourself up about it! She's seen (and charmed!) the vet and is eating OK, sure she'll be fine. (((hugs))) to you both!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #3

Oh mummy how could you!! Poor Cleo......it was a good thing it wasn't during the winter months ...

I can imagine you felt really guilty Kazz but it was unintentional...

I hope the steroid jab has eased her old joints, a nice few days of warm sunshine should help put her right..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #4

Aww, poor Cleo - it was cold yesterday morning. But you don't need me to tell you that or make you feel any more guilty Bet the steroid jab works wonders and eases her stiff old bones.
Best wishes to you both

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #5

aww! Poor Cleo AND you Karen. Don't feel bad a bot it, these things happen. I'm sure the steroid jab will have her right as rain ((hugs)) to you both x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #6

These things happen Kazz, don't beat yourself up. Cleo is fine and hopefully the steroid jab will help ease her joint pain x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #7

I worried all day yesterday at work about her, came home and she had slept all day under the radiator when I came home because I was at work early this morning in for 4.00am, as our revamp finished today - which went well I was mentioned apparently by name today by a couple of chaps from the the board of directors from Kingfisher (parent company of BQ) and managing director bloke (whatever) of BQ - who today when the visit finished came down to find me and "Thank me again for all my hard work and asked if I would offer advice to the directors on how future revamps should be handled as ours is the best "warehouse within the warehouses he has ever seen after a 3million£ revamp our/my managment are over the moon.

Anyhow last night I went to bed early and Cleo curled up against me and stayed there so tonight I took her to the vets, she is fine and asleep - I am shaken but surviving.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #8

Aww poor baby Cleo xxx
Dont feel to badly Kazz, its not like you meant it to happen xxx
I know what you mean about the guilt though. Eva and I had words yeaterday which resulted in me shouting at her . I never raise my voice in anger and the poor Diva looked so hurt and upset . Man did I feel absolutely awful.
She loves me again now though

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #9

Congratulations Kazz for being such a diligent worker, you're worth your weight in gold to them ............. that was the moment to have asked for a rise!!

How's your arm now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #10

How could you shout at the poor Diva Elaine!!! LOL!
Well done on being recognised for your hard work Karen!