PDA

View Full Version : Advice again please

kado
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
As you all know i have 4 cats and they all go out. I am usually with them but not 100% of the time. The problem beign is that we live next door to a shop and they keep going in it the door is open all the time somebody has complained to the shop owner (she doesnt mind as she has a cat herself witch is an indoor cat ) that they shouldnt be in there what can i do it's not fair on them to keep them in and even guinness wants to go out now a couple of weeks ago he didnt. None of the boys spray and i dont have a garden any ideas what to do

Fran
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Ask the shopkeeper to keep the dooor closed?

kado
01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Its the only solution i can think of

Mags
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
As Fran has said, if the shopkeeper doesn't want cats coming in to her shop she should keep the door closed.....

Donna
01-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Agree with above. If she wants the door open she should get a screen that lets in fresh air but keeps out cats!!

Animagus
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I think it was a customer that complained and not the owner...... what kinda shop is it???? I think it should be up to the shopowner whether she wants to keep the cats out and not the customer depending on the type of store....

kado
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I shop to the owner last night and she said there was a phonecall from enviromental health from a person who complained about cats beign in. Its a corner shop selling wines and a small selection of food. I know they shouldnt go in but it realy upset me and i brought them in straight away. If they saw a cat in the shop on that morning it was guinness he get tired very easy and goes to sleep where ever he can.

charliebubs
03-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, it's not like it's a fresh sandwich bar then where cats could be a hazard or health problem. Some people are just bloomin' funny and like to complain about everything and anything.

I guess it's down to the shop owner at the end of the day. If he/she wants to keep the cats out then they will have to close the door or get a screen fitted.

kado
03-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all your advice i hate to say it but there are non animal people out there. People in this villiage can be rather funny and if you upset them you upset them forever. I know not all villigers are like it though

Animagus
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
dont worry bout it Kado... its up to the shop owner to stop the fluffies wandering in and as for the moaner well she is just plain chicken for doing it anonomously through the EH and a horrible horrible person.......

kado
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
That's what i thought. Everybody know's i have cats and i have told them if any of them uses there gardens as a litter tray i will clean it up. Thanks for that as well Animagus