Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #1

Advice again please

As you all know i have 4 cats and they all go out. I am usually with them but not 100% of the time. The problem beign is that we live next door to a shop and they keep going in it the door is open all the time somebody has complained to the shop owner (she doesnt mind as she has a cat herself witch is an indoor cat ) that they shouldnt be in there what can i do it's not fair on them to keep them in and even guinness wants to go out now a couple of weeks ago he didnt. None of the boys spray and i dont have a garden any ideas what to do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #2

Re: Advice again please

Ask the shopkeeper to keep the dooor closed?

Catsey Veteran

01-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #3

Its the only solution i can think of

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #4

As Fran has said, if the shopkeeper doesn't want cats coming in to her shop she should keep the door closed.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
01-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #5

Agree with above. If she wants the door open she should get a screen that lets in fresh air but keeps out cats!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #6

I think it was a customer that complained and not the owner...... what kinda shop is it???? I think it should be up to the shopowner whether she wants to keep the cats out and not the customer depending on the type of store....

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #7

I shop to the owner last night and she said there was a phonecall from enviromental health from a person who complained about cats beign in. Its a corner shop selling wines and a small selection of food. I know they shouldnt go in but it realy upset me and i brought them in straight away. If they saw a cat in the shop on that morning it was guinness he get tired very easy and goes to sleep where ever he can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
03-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #8

Well, it's not like it's a fresh sandwich bar then where cats could be a hazard or health problem. Some people are just bloomin' funny and like to complain about everything and anything.

I guess it's down to the shop owner at the end of the day. If he/she wants to keep the cats out then they will have to close the door or get a screen fitted.

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #9

Thanks for all your advice i hate to say it but there are non animal people out there. People in this villiage can be rather funny and if you upset them you upset them forever. I know not all villigers are like it though

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #10

dont worry bout it Kado... its up to the shop owner to stop the fluffies wandering in and as for the moaner well she is just plain chicken for doing it anonomously through the EH and a horrible horrible person.......