PDA

View Full Version : PK....

Moli
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
How is Porsha?? has her tummy settled??:?

Fran
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi Moli, thanks for asking, no she is really bad today, she just has poo dribbling out of her bottom constantly (sorry to be so graphic) Although she is very bright in herself and charging round the house with the others like a maniac!! with me in hot pursuit clearing all the poo up :roll: Got to give her a couple of days on the Metronidazole and then see what happens...It's really getting me down Moli, there's poo everywhere :( The vet has suggested confining her to one room so at least there is only one room to clean up but that's no life for her is it??

Moli
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Sorryto hear this PK, poor little girl and I can understand how it will get you down...maybe confining her to one room would make it easier, will not hurt her for a day or so......When Merlin was peeing in the dogs bed, which he will do if he gets stressed, I confined him to one room for a few days, because like you every time I turned round he hsd done it again, and lthough I love him to bits, really got annoyed with him...Poor boy it was not his fault, but none the less annoying...

Fran
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
My anger isn't directed towards Porsha, it's the breeder I am angry with :mad:

The children have nicknamed Porsha........Poosha :roll:

Moli
03-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Must say do not think much of her breeder....Thankfully you have her, she may not have got the care from someone else you are giving her.....But if she is playing as normal obviously its not botheing her...

dinahsmum
03-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I hope she settles down quickly Fran. Poor thing and poor you. Have you got the Feliway running? Maybe she could be happy in a room with familiar objects and the Feliway - maybe the radio playing if she is used to that? Let her little friends in to play with her from time to time?
I quite understand how you are feeling ...

Fran
03-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Have you got the Feliway running?

Yes I've had the Feliway running a couple of weeks now. I'll see how it goes, I just think confining her would stress her out and make the problem worse??

dinahsmum
03-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes I've had the Feliway running a couple of weeks now. I'll see how it goes, I just think confining her would stress her out and make the problem worse??
Of course.
Oh Fran - I do feel for you. Remember it ws me (yes me, the first one to speak up on behalf of the cats etc etc) who advised/pleaded with my daughter to have her lovely boy pts when he had intractible faecal incontinence for days and days on end. There just seemed to be no end and no hope ..... Coincidence or not the Canikur granules appeared to sort it out for him - do you have any?

Fran
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Coincidence or not the Canikur granules appeared to sort it out for him - do you have any?

I do DM, I bought them when she had the last episode but she won't eat the food if I put them in it :roll: It's so hard it really is, she has the promax paste but it's sort of like she has become immune to that as it hasn't really worked for the last couple of episodes :?

dinahsmum
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
That's a pest. Alex says Teddie enjoys them and I think they are supposed to be 'palatable'. Do you feel brave enough to mash some in sardines/pilchards? They're stinky enough to mask any medicines!

Fran
03-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, I think they are palatable as all the others will eat them except Porsha :roll: I might have a go with the sardines although I was trying to limit her to just dried food atm but suppose I've nothing to loose really as the runs can't get much worse :?

dinahsmum
03-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Good luck - I'll try and catch up tomorrow

Fran
03-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks DM!

Sweet
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Fran, sending you a big ((((((hug)))))) this must be very hard for you, sending vibes to make little Porsha well x

Erin
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
oh fran,lots of hugs coming your way (((((hugs)))))

Mags
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear about poor Porsha, Fran ....... I hope she will settle down again soon.
It must be so frustrating having to clean up behind her all the time:(

Fran
03-04-2007, 06:19 PM
She has just eaten some sardines with the Canikur granules hidden in them ;) So we will wait and see what happens....

Mags
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
She has just eaten some sardines with the Canikur granules hidden in them ;) So we will wait and see what happens....
Put the mop and bucket down Fran, hopefully you won't need it now! ;)

Fran
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Put the mop and bucket down Fran, hopefully you won't need it now! ;)

Fingers crossed eh Mags? She is such a blinking fussy eater that you can guarantee tomorrow she won't touch sardines :roll: So lets hope one dose does the trick :?

Donna
03-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Hope the granules help her tummy x

dandysmom
03-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Fingers crossed that you can get another dose in her....so worrying for you and Porsha.......:cry:

Fran
04-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Slight improvement this evening, don't seem to have been mopping as much poo up :roll: Will try and get another dose of Canikur in her before bed

Mags
04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Pleased to hear that Fran, hope things are beginning to settle again for the poor little girl......

Fran
04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Pleased to hear that Fran, hope things are beginning to settle again for the poor little girl......

Hope so Mags, she's as fed up as I am with it :( Her bottom is red raw and it hurts her when she cleans it. She sees me coming with the damp cotton wool and runs off now, she is beginning to not like me very much :(

Mags
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Poor little girl ....... there is really no other way you can clean her either, is there :(

dandysmom
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
That's the thing that's so disturbing about having to give them medication or treat them....they get so they run; instead of associating you with love and gentleness they think that you're going to hurt them .....:cry:

Fran
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Poor little girl ....... there is really no other way you can clean her either, is there :(

Not really Mags, she positively hates being bathed with a passion although I have had no choice but to bath her on a couple of occasions and still have the scars to prove it :roll: The trouble is because it is dripping out of her bottom all the time it's easier to just give her bottom a quick wipe to stop it dropping everywhere than it is to follow her around the house cleaning it all up :? It's a toughy for sure but I am hopeful that things are starting to settle now. Fingers crossed!

Fran
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
That's the thing that's so disturbing about having to give them medication or treat them....they get so they run; instead of associating you with love and gentleness they think that you're going to hurt them .....:cry:

She's not bad with medication but she has really not known any different from a young age. I have never known such a young cat be pumped with so many medicines in such a short space of time :( But her bottom is sore and she doesn't like me cleaning her and is beginning to associate me with pain I think :(

Mags
04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I wonder if the vet could suggest anything a bit more soothing to clean her with but won't harm her?

Fran
04-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I wonder if the vet could suggest anything a bit more soothing to clean her with but won't harm her?

The trouble is she is licking it quite frequently so whatever you would put on would be off as soon as you put it on :?

Mags
04-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Their saliva is said to be healing but that rough tongue must feel like sandpaper on it :(

Fran
04-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Their saliva is said to be healing but that rough tongue must feel like sandpaper on it :(

Well hopefully if she is less runny she will not feel the need to clean as often, it's a vicious circle isn't it? She was extremely sore last time she had the runs and once the runs stopped her bottom soon recovered so hopefully the same will happen this time too

dinahsmum
05-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I hpe things may be a little better today Fran.
Do you think it might be worth trying smearing the tiniest bit of vaseline only on the membrane to try to get some degree of 'waterproofing' and stop the faecal liquid 'scorching' that delicate skin?

Fran
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
We are not out of the woods yet but things are vastly improved. Her bottom doesn't seem quite as sore this morning but if it does go very red and sore again then I will try smearing a little vaseline on.

dinahsmum
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
What's the news today Fran?

Fran
06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Her little bottom is much less sore and regards the runny bottom it's every now and again as opposed to constantly, so we are getting there, thank you for asking DM :)

Kay
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Glad Porsha seems a little better, Fran. Tell her Auntie Kay is coming to give her a hug next Friday.

Fran
06-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Tell her Auntie Kay is coming to give her a hug next Friday.

Have done Kay ;) Look forward to seeing you next weekend! :cool:

Animagus
07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear about poor Porsha hope she is feeling much better today and that the Canikur has helped some more ..... fingers crossed for the wee mite xxx

Kay
07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Have done Kay ;) Look forward to seeing you next weekend! :cool:

Me too. :lol: :lol: