Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #1

PK....

How is Porsha?? has her tummy settled??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #2

Re: PK....

Hi Moli, thanks for asking, no she is really bad today, she just has poo dribbling out of her bottom constantly (sorry to be so graphic) Although she is very bright in herself and charging round the house with the others like a maniac!! with me in hot pursuit clearing all the poo up Got to give her a couple of days on the Metronidazole and then see what happens...It's really getting me down Moli, there's poo everywhere The vet has suggested confining her to one room so at least there is only one room to clean up but that's no life for her is it??

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #3

Sorryto hear this PK, poor little girl and I can understand how it will get you down...maybe confining her to one room would make it easier, will not hurt her for a day or so......When Merlin was peeing in the dogs bed, which he will do if he gets stressed, I confined him to one room for a few days, because like you every time I turned round he hsd done it again, and lthough I love him to bits, really got annoyed with him...Poor boy it was not his fault, but none the less annoying...

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #4

My anger isn't directed towards Porsha, it's the breeder I am angry with

The children have nicknamed Porsha........Poosha

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #5

Must say do not think much of her breeder....Thankfully you have her, she may not have got the care from someone else you are giving her.....But if she is playing as normal obviously its not botheing her...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #6

I hope she settles down quickly Fran. Poor thing and poor you. Have you got the Feliway running? Maybe she could be happy in a room with familiar objects and the Feliway - maybe the radio playing if she is used to that? Let her little friends in to play with her from time to time?
I quite understand how you are feeling ...

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Have you got the Feliway running?
Yes I've had the Feliway running a couple of weeks now. I'll see how it goes, I just think confining her would stress her out and make the problem worse??

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes I've had the Feliway running a couple of weeks now. I'll see how it goes, I just think confining her would stress her out and make the problem worse??
Of course.
Oh Fran - I do feel for you. Remember it ws me (yes me, the first one to speak up on behalf of the cats etc etc) who advised/pleaded with my daughter to have her lovely boy pts when he had intractible faecal incontinence for days and days on end. There just seemed to be no end and no hope ..... Coincidence or not the Canikur granules appeared to sort it out for him - do you have any?

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Coincidence or not the Canikur granules appeared to sort it out for him - do you have any?
I do DM, I bought them when she had the last episode but she won't eat the food if I put them in it It's so hard it really is, she has the promax paste but it's sort of like she has become immune to that as it hasn't really worked for the last couple of episodes

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #10

That's a pest. Alex says Teddie enjoys them and I think they are supposed to be 'palatable'. Do you feel brave enough to mash some in sardines/pilchards? They're stinky enough to mask any medicines!