PDA

View Full Version : Feliway

Fran
20-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, my Feliway plug in has arrived. Having suggested this product to several other members in the past, I'm now going to give it a try myself. I've plugged it in but it doesn't make any noise..is it supposed to does anyone know??

It says improvements in stress behaviour can often be seen within a week although it's recommended to give a months trial before deciding whether it is making any difference or not. Have to say that since Bliss has come out of call, things are very much calmer here alround, I doubt the Feliway will sort her hormone problems out!! :roll:

Sweet
20-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Fran, my plug was silent also, infact I think I should get a refill pretty soon x

Fran
20-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Fran, my plug was silent also, infact I think I should get a refill pretty soon x

Ah thanks for that Sweet, I was just wondering if it wasn't working :lol:

Do you think it has made any difference at all Sweet?

Sweet
20-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes, in alot of ways, My Vet said it could take up to 6 weeks to see any difference.

Misty is still having problems, but they can all be in the same room now, without hissing or running a mile, mind you saying that Jac is still very skittish at times.

The whole house does seem calmer, well in the pet family anyhow.....

I would recommend it - yes x

Fran
20-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Sounds like it is definitely worth a try then! Where abouts have you got yours? It's hard to know where to put it for the best. I was thinking if it does help that I may buy another one so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs..

Kay
20-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Fran I would definitely get one for upstairs as well if you see a difference. We used one when we bought Kisses and Tilly was on her high horse about it. It did help slightly but took about 5 weeks. Tilly has since been neutered and everthing is calm again.

Fran
20-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks Kay, I've put this one upstairs as that's where Ria spends a lot of her time and so do the other Meezers at night time and their food and water is up there too. I might invest in another one for downstairs then!

Kay
20-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks Kay, I've put this one upstairs as that's where Ria spends a lot of her time and so do the other Meezers at night time and their food and water is up there too. I might invest in another one for downstairs then!

Might have known I would get it the wrong way round. :roll: :roll:

dinahsmum
20-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I found this when I was looking for frontline yesterday. (Well, they both begin with F :roll: )http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=149_1&products_id=5
I haven't heard of it before. Wondered if it might help with the 'wee-wee on the bed' situations etc?

Sweet
20-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I used that along with the plug in at first, the Vet said it may help, I have since not had it - it was such a small spray it only lasted a matter of days and cost around £10 ish from the Vets.

Fran, I have mine in my bedroom, its where Misty and Jac spend 90% of their time esp. during the day. x

Sweet
20-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Where did you get yours Fran? was it cheaper online? x

Fran
20-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I got mine from www.VetUK.co.uk (http://www.VetUK.co.uk). It cost £16.59 and postage was free. How much did you pay for yours Sweet? Think our vets charge about £26 :shock:

dinahsmum
20-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I rate VetUK for all sorts of things. Flea treatments, diet food and lots of interesting things to look at! :) And good service and free postage over £9 I think

Sweet
20-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, I had a spray - the one DM mentioned, Feliway and a spray bottle of odour remover and it was over £48 I can remember that much, not sure where the receipt is now though - Can you pay by switch on that web site? x

Fran
20-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Can you pay by switch on that web site? x

Yes you can Sweet :)

Sweet
20-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Gonna go and browse now.......brb x

dandysmom
20-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Is this primarily for adults, or does it work on kittens also? I was thinking of Keanu being so stressed at not being able to go outside......:shock:

dinahsmum
20-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Is this primarily for adults, or does it work on kittens also? I was thinking of Keanu being so stressed at not being able to go outside......:shock:
Good thought DM - maybe pop a post on Jenny's thread?

dandysmom
20-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Good thought DM - maybe pop a post on Jenny's thread?
I PM'd her about it!