Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #1

Feliway

Well, my Feliway plug in has arrived. Having suggested this product to several other members in the past, I'm now going to give it a try myself. I've plugged it in but it doesn't make any noise..is it supposed to does anyone know??

It says improvements in stress behaviour can often be seen within a week although it's recommended to give a months trial before deciding whether it is making any difference or not. Have to say that since Bliss has come out of call, things are very much calmer here alround, I doubt the Feliway will sort her hormone problems out!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
20-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #2

Re: Feliway

Fran, my plug was silent also, infact I think I should get a refill pretty soon x

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet
Fran, my plug was silent also, infact I think I should get a refill pretty soon x
Ah thanks for that Sweet, I was just wondering if it wasn't working

Do you think it has made any difference at all Sweet?

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #4

Yes, in alot of ways, My Vet said it could take up to 6 weeks to see any difference.

Misty is still having problems, but they can all be in the same room now, without hissing or running a mile, mind you saying that Jac is still very skittish at times.

The whole house does seem calmer, well in the pet family anyhow.....

I would recommend it - yes x

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #5

Sounds like it is definitely worth a try then! Where abouts have you got yours? It's hard to know where to put it for the best. I was thinking if it does help that I may buy another one so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #6

Fran I would definitely get one for upstairs as well if you see a difference. We used one when we bought Kisses and Tilly was on her high horse about it. It did help slightly but took about 5 weeks. Tilly has since been neutered and everthing is calm again.

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #7

Thanks Kay, I've put this one upstairs as that's where Ria spends a lot of her time and so do the other Meezers at night time and their food and water is up there too. I might invest in another one for downstairs then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Thanks Kay, I've put this one upstairs as that's where Ria spends a lot of her time and so do the other Meezers at night time and their food and water is up there too. I might invest in another one for downstairs then!
Might have known I would get it the wrong way round.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #9

I found this when I was looking for frontline yesterday. (Well, they both begin with F )http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...rodu cts_id=5
I haven't heard of it before. Wondered if it might help with the 'wee-wee on the bed' situations etc?

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #10

I used that along with the plug in at first, the Vet said it may help, I have since not had it - it was such a small spray it only lasted a matter of days and cost around £10 ish from the Vets.

Fran, I have mine in my bedroom, its where Misty and Jac spend 90% of their time esp. during the day. x