PDA

View Full Version : I have a visitor

Elaine
09-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I may have found a wee kitty. Am currently trying to ask around to find out if any one is missing the wee darling but no takers as yet. Am going to put a poster up in the local corner shop and have called Cats Protection but no one has reported it lost to them. It arrived early this morning so maybe no one has missed it yet or they have gone off out boozing and forgot to come home for the poppet. Anyway will be making lots of enquiries to find its owner. I think its come over my high boundary wall . My fear is it has managed to get over that but cannt get back.
It has a collar but no id tag. Its about a year or so. Dilute tortie, no nuts and will have a better look in the morning as I only had a torch and Graham is uselesshttp://www.katnip.co.uk/smileys/smiley2.gif. Have fed it as it was ravenous and am off to get a box and put a blanket in it coz I think its gonna be a cold one tonight. Will put that in the cellar for it.
Eva and Bernie are going mental. Eva is currently wailing in my ear to get out and scratching the door down. Bernie is running round meowing lots.

alexgirl73
09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
awww bless!! poor wee thing, hope you manage to find his owner quickly Elaine! A cold Aberdeen night is not the place for a wee one to be out in.

dandysmom
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Bless you Elaine for taking in and feeding the poor wee thing! And a dilute tortie...blue and cream like my Leia?

Elaine
09-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I know. Couldnt find an empty box, so have put out my spare cat carrier with some cozy blankets. Poor thing scoffed the food I gave it so fast it hardly drew breath.
Havent managed to get an answer from all neighbors that share the back garden as yet. Have left word with the corner shop keeper as he is like the "News of the world". Will make up a poster tomorrow if its still there. Graham will also knock on some doors tomorrow as I have to go to work. But hopefully it will be home safe and sound very soon.

tilly
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
well done for taking the poor thing in.

Sally

Moli
09-03-2007, 10:16 PM
At least the little thing is warm, fed and dry tonight.Hope you can find its owners soon Elaine...

Elaine
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I havent actually taken it in, a) the Diva would go mental, it took me a good 6 months to introduce Bernie into the house. b) it maywell belong to some one I havent managed to talk to yet.
Just wanted to make sure that if it has to sleep outside tonight that it has some where to get cozy and keep dry.
It is a gorgous wee thing. If its still around over the week end will get a piccie of it for you all. Hopefully though it will be home, safe and warm.

Mags
09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
That was very kind of you to make sure it had food in its tum and a warm place to sleep, Elaine. I hope his owner turns up soon.....:(

Elaine
09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Me too. Its upsetting me to think its out there all night in the cold but I cannt take it in. Fingers crossed it will be home soon. xxx
If i find the owner, I may try to talk to them about not letting it out, as we are right in the city centre, I do fear for it. It should be ok in our garden as the surrounding wall is over 20 foot on our side. Still cannt get hold of a couple of people in neighboring buildings, so it may even have been let out into the garden. If so I hope they come home and let it back in soon.
Will keep you all posted.

Fran
10-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Poor little thing :( Hope his owners are found soon and well done you on taking good care of him in the mean time..

dinahsmum
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Fingers crossed the jungle drums have worked and the kittie's owners have turned up

Jac
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Any word yet? Poor wee scone!

Elaine
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I went out this morning with some food and water for it but couldnt find it so assumed it had (hoped) it had found its way home again. Sadly I called Graham from my work and he said the kitty was still there but was a little nervous. Eva hates the wee intruder but Bernie is in lurv with her.
Graham fed her. I came home from work and she is still here. Have fed her again and cuddled her for a while. Have been round all the doors and there are no takers. Called CP again and no one has reported her. Am about to call the local radio now as they have a lost and found section. Am also thinking about taking into my vets to get her scanned for a micro chip and a wormer too.
Poor baby, she is just gorgous. I am now wondering if she has simply been turfed out.
Must try and get a piccie of her for you.

sammy
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Poor little mite! Well done for looking after her.xxx

dandysmom
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
She picked the right place to be lost in: food, shelter, cuddles, and an admirer in Bernie! Hope the radio Lost and Found will locate her owner.......

Elaine
10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Here she is.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/HPIM0061.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/HPIM0060.jpg

alexgirl73
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
awwwww, how gorgeous is she!!!!! Poor wee baby!

Fran
10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh how beautiful is she?? I was going to suggest checking to see if she has a microchip Elaine?

Elaine
10-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I plan to get her to my vet on monday to check for a chip Fran, will also get her wormed I think.
Just been to feed her and give her a bit of fuss and another fleece blanket. Breaks my heart to leave her out there all alone.
A friend has offered to take her for the weekend but I dont know if I should take her up on it as she has a todler, and I dont know if kitty has worms or fleas........
She is just so talkative and affectionate bless her but Eva would flatten her if I took her in here. Bernie on the other hand would probably want to hump her to death, think he loves her too.

alexgirl73
10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
It's totally heartbreaking isn't it Elaine? I was the same with Princess, and I'm still the same with the wee torties! I so desperately want to bring them into the warm and love them!!

Elaine
10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh dear. A friend of mine said she would take her for a few days as i said. I was going to pop her in the cat carrier and run over to asda on the way for wormer etc but can I get this little minx in the carrier? NOT A CHANCE! LOL. Decided rather than stress her out any further, she would be best left in the time being. Its not cold tonight and we dont know how long she has been outside for. Its really dark out my back garden. I had the carrier, a torch in my mouth, a very friendly little kitty in my arms until I tried to get her in the carrier, then she turned into screaming, slasher feral LOL. But as soon as I let hr go back she would come for cuddles and fusses, purring wildly. Bless her. Will wait till daylight before trying that again LOL.

dandysmom
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Turned into Mr. Hyde, did she? Maybe she had a bad experience with a carrier before....traumatic vet trip ? Poor mite, better luck tomorrow........

Elaine
11-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Maybe Eileen or it could be the carrier smells more strongly of my cats. Will maybe get one of the pet boxes from work tomorrow and see how that goes but hopefully her mum will see her poster and be missing her madly. xxx

Jac
11-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Elaine, any news?

Elaine
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Kitty is still with us. Today is the first time I have managed to have a good look at her in daylight. I am a little concerned as she does have a little bit of a tummy on her, have no idea if she has been speyed.
She has been catching mice and leaving them by our back door bless her.
Will get her into my vets tomorrow and see what she thinks.

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
aw, I was so hoping her owner had turned up! What are you going to do with her after the vet visit Elaine?

Elaine
11-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I have no idea to be honest Alex. Will cross that bridge tomorrow.

Elaine
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/HPIM0065.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/HPIM0064.jpg

Mags
11-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Bless her/him, she's dying to come in:(

Fran
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I really hope the vet will reassure you she isn't pregnant and that she just needs a wormer :? I have my fingers crossed that she is microchipped Elaine

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 08:27 PM
everything crossed for her Elaine xx

Sweet
11-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Awwwww bless, just caught up with this thread have not been online for a few days.........my heart is melting here, I hope her owners can be found, and good for you and Grahame for looking after her and keeping her warm x

dandysmom
11-03-2007, 08:32 PM
She's such a pretty little thing! Do hope she's not pregnant; guess the vet visit will tell more tomorrow........

yola
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
She is a lovely little cat . . . is she talking to you in that second pic or telling you off?

I hope it all works out well for her - still kind of keeping my fingers crossed that there is someone missing her terribly and maybe you'll help reunite them.

Elaine
11-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I am praying like mad that she is microchipped and can be re-united with her owners. Also hoping like hell that she isnt with kittens but if she really isnt speyed, I doubt she will be microchipped.
Will find out tomorrow i guess. Am also asking around for the possibility of a new home for her just incase.
Yes Yola she is a very talkative little thing.

prrrrfect
12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Poor little thing. I have just read this whole thread. I just had to, i was sucked in. I hope its good knews tomorrow. Please do let us know as soon as you can!

Elaine
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I have her booked into my vets at 2.40 this afternoon. Fingers crossed please that she has a microchip and can be re-united with her owners very very soon.

Liz
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
If she is pregnant then we can foster her for that time - I only went away for 24 hours and you never text me!

We will help if we can so you know where we are and a lilac tortie would be nice with my brindle, cream and ginger feral tortie clan members!

Elaine
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Lilac Lilly is now with the cats protection. She had no microchip. I felt it was better than taking her back here to live in the cellar. The CP here would take her from me but will take her from my vet. At least now she will be wormed etc. I dont think it will take too long to rehome her as she is young, friendly and very pretty.

dinahsmum
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Good luck Lily!
I agree Elaine - she is so unusual someone will fall for her very quickly (but why hasn't her real mum turned up?)

dandysmom
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
She was very lucky to find someone as caring as you, Elaine; as cute and friendly as she is, shouldn't be a problem finding a forever home ! Question: you and Liz referred to her as lilac...I thought she was blue/cream; what's the difference between lilac and blue?

Elaine
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I have no idea what the answer is Dinahsmum. But we hear all the time about people moving house and leaving the cat behind or getting puppies and the cat moves out. Maybe she has travelled herself. God only knows what her previous story is but at least she has a better chance now, its certainly better than what I could offer the poor wee thing.
I almost cried leaving her at my vets but I do beleive she will be fine now.

Elaine
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I called her a lilac tortie coz thats what Liz had called her Floddy last week. TBH though I dont have much of a clue about tri colours, other than they are prolific mousers and can be troublesome, but then again Eva should be a tortie then LOL

alexgirl73
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Aw, what a shame! I was so hoping she was m/c'd! At least she will be warm and well fed tonight Elaine. Well done you for taking her on, most people would just have ignored her!

Fran
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Question: you and Liz referred to her as lilac...I thought she was blue/cream; what's the difference between lilac and blue?

Blue is dilute of black, it is a grey colour

Lilac is dilute of brown and it has a pinky tinge to it, paler than blue

Hope that helps or I might have confused you even more lol :roll: Hard to tell from the piccies which she is but I'll go have another look now..

Glad she is safe with the CP now. Hope somebody nice comes along very soon for her...

Fran
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
She looks blue tortie to me...

Mags
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
At least she has the chance of finding a permanent home now ............ all thanks to you Elaine for your caring attitude towards her :D

dandysmom
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
She looks blue tortie to me...Thanks, Fran, knew I could depend on you for color variations! She looked blue/cream to me in the pic, like Leia. I don't think I've ever seen a lilac.....

Elaine
12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Blue, lilac, what do I know LOL. She was a very pretty, petite thing, I would have so loved to have been able to keep her. Unfortunately the Diva decides these things and we all know how long it took for her to accept Bernie.

Fran
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks, Fran, knew I could depend on you for color variations! She looked blue/cream to me in the pic, like Leia. I don't think I've ever seen a lilac.....

Bliss is almost lilac, she is a lilac based caramel tortie ;) Lilac is slightly more 'pinky' than Bliss