Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #1

I have a visitor

I may have found a wee kitty. Am currently trying to ask around to find out if any one is missing the wee darling but no takers as yet. Am going to put a poster up in the local corner shop and have called Cats Protection but no one has reported it lost to them. It arrived early this morning so maybe no one has missed it yet or they have gone off out boozing and forgot to come home for the poppet. Anyway will be making lots of enquiries to find its owner. I think its come over my high boundary wall . My fear is it has managed to get over that but cannt get back.
It has a collar but no id tag. Its about a year or so. Dilute tortie, no nuts and will have a better look in the morning as I only had a torch and Graham is useless
. Have fed it as it was ravenous and am off to get a box and put a blanket in it coz I think its gonna be a cold one tonight. Will put that in the cellar for it.
Eva and Bernie are going mental. Eva is currently wailing in my ear to get out and scratching the door down. Bernie is running round meowing lots.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #2

Re: I have a visitor

awww bless!! poor wee thing, hope you manage to find his owner quickly Elaine! A cold Aberdeen night is not the place for a wee one to be out in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #3

Bless you Elaine for taking in and feeding the poor wee thing! And a dilute tortie...blue and cream like my Leia?

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #4

I know. Couldnt find an empty box, so have put out my spare cat carrier with some cozy blankets. Poor thing scoffed the food I gave it so fast it hardly drew breath.
Havent managed to get an answer from all neighbors that share the back garden as yet. Have left word with the corner shop keeper as he is like the "News of the world". Will make up a poster tomorrow if its still there. Graham will also knock on some doors tomorrow as I have to go to work. But hopefully it will be home safe and sound very soon.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #5

well done for taking the poor thing in.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #6

At least the little thing is warm, fed and dry tonight.Hope you can find its owners soon Elaine...

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #7

I havent actually taken it in, a) the Diva would go mental, it took me a good 6 months to introduce Bernie into the house. b) it maywell belong to some one I havent managed to talk to yet.
Just wanted to make sure that if it has to sleep outside tonight that it has some where to get cozy and keep dry.
It is a gorgous wee thing. If its still around over the week end will get a piccie of it for you all. Hopefully though it will be home, safe and warm.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #8

That was very kind of you to make sure it had food in its tum and a warm place to sleep, Elaine. I hope his owner turns up soon.....

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #9

Me too. Its upsetting me to think its out there all night in the cold but I cannt take it in. Fingers crossed it will be home soon. xxx
If i find the owner, I may try to talk to them about not letting it out, as we are right in the city centre, I do fear for it. It should be ok in our garden as the surrounding wall is over 20 foot on our side. Still cannt get hold of a couple of people in neighboring buildings, so it may even have been let out into the garden. If so I hope they come home and let it back in soon.
Will keep you all posted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #10

Poor little thing Hope his owners are found soon and well done you on taking good care of him in the mean time..