PDA

View Full Version : Converted cat hater

alexgirl73
29-10-2006, 08:04 PM
My cousin and his partner phoned me on friday to tell me that they had found a little kitten in their street. They asked me for advice on what they should do. I told them all the usual, no milk, get some kitten food etc (luckily they had a litter tray in the house as they had tried to litter train the rabbit (to no success). Anyway, Debbie, his partner HATES cats. When I first got Broxi she was terrified of him, but gradually worked her way up to giving him alittle pet. She quite likes Cooper but is really unsure of Teddy. So I told her to make up some posters and put them up round the street. So when I spoke to her today no-one has rung to claim him yet. He's a little ginger sweetie, and from when I got a quick peek yesterday, I reckon he's about 10 weeks old. He wont go near a cardboard box she put down for him and we think he might have been abandoned in one. The thing now is that she has decided if no-one claims him by tomorrow morning, she is going to keep him!!!!:shock:

This from the certified card carrying member of the allcats are evil club. I had to give her a long list of everything she needs to get for him, and will be phoning up the vets in the morning to get him checked over. I feel quite proud to have helped convert her!:-D

dandysmom
29-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Amazing what the charm of a little kitten can do!! :D And good for you, Alex!!

Sweet
30-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Excellent news......she will wonder why she had not had any kitties before x

yola
30-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I hope she can indeed keep this kitten. Either way, sounds like she's smitten . . . anothe convert to the 'I love cats' club.

She'll be joining catsey next :roll:

random
30-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Lol Yola, I hope she does join! :D

Mags
30-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Excellent news! :D

alexgirl73
31-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, my cousin decided not to keep the kitten. She thought it was lovely but decided that a cat just wasn't for her but she has lost her fear of them now which is a good thing. As for the kitten! I have found it a lovely new home with some other friends of mine. My cuz took it to PAH for a free health check and had it wormed etc and discovered to our shock that this little pure ginger kitten was a little girl. When I heard that I knew that I had the perfect family for it as they had mentioned really wanting a ginger girl, and I had warned them that it would be very difficult. What do I know! lol. Anyway she has been named Marie (from the aristocats movie) and has settled in very happily.

Mags
31-10-2006, 10:15 PM
All's well that ends well.........so pleased it has worked out well for the little kitty... :D

yola
31-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Result!! That's excellent news :D