Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #1

Converted cat hater

My cousin and his partner phoned me on friday to tell me that they had found a little kitten in their street. They asked me for advice on what they should do. I told them all the usual, no milk, get some kitten food etc (luckily they had a litter tray in the house as they had tried to litter train the rabbit (to no success). Anyway, Debbie, his partner HATES cats. When I first got Broxi she was terrified of him, but gradually worked her way up to giving him alittle pet. She quite likes Cooper but is really unsure of Teddy. So I told her to make up some posters and put them up round the street. So when I spoke to her today no-one has rung to claim him yet. He's a little ginger sweetie, and from when I got a quick peek yesterday, I reckon he's about 10 weeks old. He wont go near a cardboard box she put down for him and we think he might have been abandoned in one. The thing now is that she has decided if no-one claims him by tomorrow morning, she is going to keep him!!!!

This from the certified card carrying member of the allcats are evil club. I had to give her a long list of everything she needs to get for him, and will be phoning up the vets in the morning to get him checked over. I feel quite proud to have helped convert her!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #2

Re: Converted cat hater

Amazing what the charm of a little kitten can do!! And good for you, Alex!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
30-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #3

Excellent news......she will wonder why she had not had any kitties before x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #4

I hope she can indeed keep this kitten. Either way, sounds like she's smitten . . . anothe convert to the 'I love cats' club.

She'll be joining catsey next

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
30-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #5

Lol Yola, I hope she does join!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #6

Excellent news!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #7

Well, my cousin decided not to keep the kitten. She thought it was lovely but decided that a cat just wasn't for her but she has lost her fear of them now which is a good thing. As for the kitten! I have found it a lovely new home with some other friends of mine. My cuz took it to PAH for a free health check and had it wormed etc and discovered to our shock that this little pure ginger kitten was a little girl. When I heard that I knew that I had the perfect family for it as they had mentioned really wanting a ginger girl, and I had warned them that it would be very difficult. What do I know! lol. Anyway she has been named Marie (from the aristocats movie) and has settled in very happily.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #8

All's well that ends well.........so pleased it has worked out well for the little kitty...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #9

Result!! That's excellent news