PDA

View Full Version : Almost stole a cat!

Az
26-08-2006, 08:23 PM
:shock:

There is a stunning ginger tom round here and I just got back from the supermarket and he was in the front garden, I called him over and he came over straight away :) I couldn't resist so gave him some of Cheetahs biscuits and after that he wanted to come indoors :lol:

Hes soooooo friendly I'll have to take some pics next time!

I'd take him like a shot if his owners didnt want him hes really ace.

So have any of you 'nearly' stole a neighbours cat? :lol:

Naomi
26-08-2006, 08:47 PM
No altho my neighbours nearly stole Moli but we share her now :D

borderdawn
26-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Not nearly Az, I did!! He was being neglected, so I stole him away and off to a new home, I asked where he was some days later, they said "dunno, dont care!"
Dawn.

dandysmom
26-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Does he look abandoned; or is he plump & well-fed? Maybe you could rationalize that he's a stray and adopt him...??? I think I "rescued" rather than "stole"Misty...little blue torbie about 3 months old appeared in the back garden..I fed her & told her to go home, as a very large Aby who didn't like other cats lived here. Well, she was still there in the morning; when I got back from the market they were forecasting snow, sleet & freezing rain, so I let her in,,,stayed for 20 years!!! Do post some pictures if you can & let us know if you adopt him...what would Cheetah think????

Kazz
26-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I somehow imagine if he's that friendly and laid back he's not a stray. Although most cats are I think at heart oppotunists :) regardless of how well they are loved/looked after.

Luke
26-08-2006, 09:03 PM
There used to be a real big bruiser of a black tom who lived across the road from us (going back some years now this is!!) and i used to try and lure him home..it never quite worked as he used to hate the resident tom of ours (sherman)..but i still tried!
We used to have regular stray/semi-ferals who used to stay with us in years gone by..they all tended to clear away when Florrie came though...

dandysmom
26-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I somehow imagine if he's that friendly and laid back he's not a stray. Although most cats are I think at heart oppotunists :) regardless of how well they are loved/looked after.
Amen to that Kazz! The cat I grew up with was a VERY picky eater...used to worry my Mom, even though he wasn't skinny. She found out much later that he had a regular round of neighors to visit who fed him...he did an excellent "small hungry cat" imitation.... :-D

CathyW
26-08-2006, 09:12 PM
almost had a tabby cat he really wanted to move in with us, he loved ronnie n reggie but didnt like ben the dog.

Az
26-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm glad I'n not the only one who's been tempted :lol:

DM - no, he's not abandoned - from memory I think I heard that his owner loves him to bits :) They two are animal lovers they have a few cats I think and two dogs... a Staff and a staff cross. But this cat is always out and about and is not afraid of the roads :shock: I'm assuming it is there cat mind I will have to do some digging and see who's it is. Will report back when I do :)

I only let him in the front porch because I was worried Cheetah might catch something as shes an indoor cat. I think she'd like him tho, shes such a little flirt :roll:

tashuk
26-08-2006, 10:26 PM
out neighbour across the road has a lovely cat that often comes into the house our ziggy zoo and he are best friends
he also jumps into the car when we are of to the shops

Jules
27-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi all

My eldest cat Mister used to bring a lady friend home, they were inseparable, i didn't steal her but i certainly didn't turf her out either, she ate here and she slept here then they would both go off together, never did find out where she came from or if she belonged to anyone.....then 1 day she just disappeared, ever since then Mister goes wandering alot more and for alot longer.

I posted a MISSING thread, he was gone for 2 weeks....he turned up last night :D BUT!!!!! i think someone is trying to steal him, every time i put a collar on him it disappears and i am not amused at all!!!!! Not you is it AZ????????? :lol:

So....i can see it from both sides

yola
27-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Jules - I'm SO happy Mister's back. You must be so delighted and relieved!

And on a cat-nicking note - our previous neighbours had 2 cats, one a tuxedo and one a tabby n white (mum and son). The tabby-white was a vicious old sod but Treacle was a tiny little thing, and so sweet and lovely it was untrue. Now the cats were not neglected but not quite as loved as I would have like to see.

Well, Treacle took up with us and spent ages lying under our radiators and sleeping on the beds. Treacle was instrumental in our neighbours and us becoming excellent friends . . . sadly she was the victim of an RTA in the little Suffolk village they moved to earlier this year :cry:

John
27-08-2006, 10:13 AM
I started feeding my nieghbours 2 cats about 2 months ago which are out day and nite all weathers..one of them came in last nite and explored the house ,so if my Millie lets her she may move in

John

Booktigger
27-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Yep - I took a cat home one night cos I thought it was stray, but when I went knocking on doors the day after I found his rather worried owners!! Thanks to that though, they actually did take him to the vet, they assumed his thinness was due to age, but it turned out to be due to a thyroid prob. Ginger was picked up off the streets, weeks after my mum told his 'owner' and he hadn't even noticed. All mine have collars with tags, so hopefully no one would try and take them home (and they wouldnt' get near the girls or Tom, I Can't most of the time when they are out!!), but Ginger is a concern, as he loves going into people's houses.

Amanda
30-08-2006, 12:42 AM
I always 'adopt' the neighbours cats as in the past hubby wouldn't let us have one. I've never gone as far as letting them in the house, but have been very tempted lots of times. One that struck my heart strings the most, was a large ginger tom called Tiger. He was stunning, and extremely friendly too. It turned out that the lass across the road from me, worked for CPL and he was one of her foster cats. (She adopted him herself not long after) I've moved miles away from them now, so I often wonder if he still visits my old house.. and if he does, that they're as kind to him as I was...