Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
26-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #1

Almost stole a cat!

There is a stunning ginger tom round here and I just got back from the supermarket and he was in the front garden, I called him over and he came over straight away I couldn't resist so gave him some of Cheetahs biscuits and after that he wanted to come indoors

Hes soooooo friendly I'll have to take some pics next time!

I'd take him like a shot if his owners didnt want him hes really ace.

So have any of you 'nearly' stole a neighbours cat?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
26-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #2

Re: Almost stole a cat!

No altho my neighbours nearly stole Moli but we share her now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #3

Not nearly Az, I did!! He was being neglected, so I stole him away and off to a new home, I asked where he was some days later, they said "dunno, dont care!"
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #4

Does he look abandoned; or is he plump & well-fed? Maybe you could rationalize that he's a stray and adopt him...??? I think I "rescued" rather than "stole"Misty...little blue torbie about 3 months old appeared in the back garden..I fed her & told her to go home, as a very large Aby who didn't like other cats lived here. Well, she was still there in the morning; when I got back from the market they were forecasting snow, sleet & freezing rain, so I let her in,,,stayed for 20 years!!! Do post some pictures if you can & let us know if you adopt him...what would Cheetah think????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #5

I somehow imagine if he's that friendly and laid back he's not a stray. Although most cats are I think at heart oppotunists regardless of how well they are loved/looked after.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
26-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #6

There used to be a real big bruiser of a black tom who lived across the road from us (going back some years now this is!!) and i used to try and lure him home..it never quite worked as he used to hate the resident tom of ours (sherman)..but i still tried!
We used to have regular stray/semi-ferals who used to stay with us in years gone by..they all tended to clear away when Florrie came though...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I somehow imagine if he's that friendly and laid back he's not a stray. Although most cats are I think at heart oppotunists regardless of how well they are loved/looked after.
Amen to that Kazz! The cat I grew up with was a VERY picky eater...used to worry my Mom, even though he wasn't skinny. She found out much later that he had a regular round of neighors to visit who fed him...he did an excellent "small hungry cat" imitation....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
26-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #8

almost had a tabby cat he really wanted to move in with us, he loved ronnie n reggie but didnt like ben the dog.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
26-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #9

I'm glad I'n not the only one who's been tempted

DM - no, he's not abandoned - from memory I think I heard that his owner loves him to bits They two are animal lovers they have a few cats I think and two dogs... a Staff and a staff cross. But this cat is always out and about and is not afraid of the roads I'm assuming it is there cat mind I will have to do some digging and see who's it is. Will report back when I do

I only let him in the front porch because I was worried Cheetah might catch something as shes an indoor cat. I think she'd like him tho, shes such a little flirt

Cats owned: moggy
26-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #10

out neighbour across the road has a lovely cat that often comes into the house our ziggy zoo and he are best friends
he also jumps into the car when we are of to the shops