PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down along with our cats

Kazz
12-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Well this evening I popped to a friends house and there were her two cats Mortimer a large black and white cat about 11, and his housemate Poppy a mostly black cat whisps of white who is about 8. And I hadn't realised or rather I don't think it had sunk in with me how slow Cleo has become lately. Mortimer and Poppy were moving with purpose Mortimer even deigned to chase his ping pong ball,

The certainy of maturity was on the side of Mortimer and poppy, who have moved from the kittenish stage which do I prefer. The vunerabilty of old age of course. ;)

Shows how you slow down with your animals doesn't it.

dandysmom
12-04-2006, 08:58 PM
No question that kittens are enchanting & absolutely adorable, but they can tire you out sometimes; I personally like them as adults...purrsonalities & habits formed. It is sad when they start showing signs of aging; Patches at 20 is really slowing down & not eating as well as she did; seems fine otherwise, just an OLD cat. The day I dread is closer than I want to think about.....:cry:

Kazz
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
No question that kittens are enchanting & absolutely adorable, but they can tire you out sometimes; I personally like them as adults...purrsonalities & habits formed. It is sad when they start showing signs of aging; Patches at 20 is really slowing down & not eating as well as she did; seems fine otherwise, just an OLD cat. The day I dread is closer than I want to think about.....:cry:

I feel for you in that Cleo isn't eating to well but other than that okay. But she too is slowing or should I say slowed down, age is something we can't stop - sadly. 20 is a good age though, Cleo is 23 so Patches has a way to go yet;)

dandysmom
12-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Kazz! That cheered me up!:D

Moli
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
When I got Merlin, Sam was 13 and Leo 11, they were settled. did their own thing no bother at all...Then this kitten moved in! by ther end of the first week I was shattered, hadn't realised like you Kazz, how quiet my two boys were till then!

dandysmom
12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

Kazz
12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Well I think what concerns me more than anything I think is I think cats aged 8 and 11 are too lively.:roll:

dinahsmum
13-04-2006, 09:17 AM
You're quite right Kazz, about growing more mature (some would say older :roll: ) with our pets. And young ones are way different (and I suspect a bit trying). Never mind, we all mature in time - it just takes some of us a bit longer! :-D

Mags
13-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Cassie regularly used to have what I called her mad five minutes......now they are few and far between:D It's more a case of stretch and flop now!!:lol:

Fran
13-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Cassie regularly used to have what I called her mad five minutes......now they are few and far between:D It's more a case of stretch and flop now!!:lol:

:lol: @ Cassie!!

Donna
13-04-2006, 01:22 PM
My two 18 month olds are still quite energetic, but must say I do like the way Misty's personality has come out over the last six months or so. She has a real character now so think I prefer the older cat to a kitten (although they look so sweet!).

Chloe on the other hand I am unsure of what she is all about (am gonna post separately).

Booktigger
13-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Not something I have noticed seeing as I have had mine from oldies. It is one of the things I like about fostering though, I get to have young playful cats, but only on a short term basis. Don't think I could cope with adopting kittens!! Mine are playful, but mainly when they are in the mood for it - Molly (13) does like to have a mad 10 mins playing 'catch the tail' though, and I was laid in bed yesterday (Trying not to get up) laughing at the cats as Molly and Tom were both in a playful mood.