Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #1

Slowing down along with our cats

Well this evening I popped to a friends house and there were her two cats Mortimer a large black and white cat about 11, and his housemate Poppy a mostly black cat whisps of white who is about 8. And I hadn't realised or rather I don't think it had sunk in with me how slow Cleo has become lately. Mortimer and Poppy were moving with purpose Mortimer even deigned to chase his ping pong ball,

The certainy of maturity was on the side of Mortimer and poppy, who have moved from the kittenish stage which do I prefer. The vunerabilty of old age of course.

Shows how you slow down with your animals doesn't it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #2

Re: Slowing down along with our cats

No question that kittens are enchanting & absolutely adorable, but they can tire you out sometimes; I personally like them as adults...purrsonalities & habits formed. It is sad when they start showing signs of aging; Patches at 20 is really slowing down & not eating as well as she did; seems fine otherwise, just an OLD cat. The day I dread is closer than I want to think about.....

Catsey Veteran

12-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
No question that kittens are enchanting & absolutely adorable, but they can tire you out sometimes; I personally like them as adults...purrsonalities & habits formed. It is sad when they start showing signs of aging; Patches at 20 is really slowing down & not eating as well as she did; seems fine otherwise, just an OLD cat. The day I dread is closer than I want to think about.....
I feel for you in that Cleo isn't eating to well but other than that okay. But she too is slowing or should I say slowed down, age is something we can't stop - sadly. 20 is a good age though, Cleo is 23 so Patches has a way to go yet

Catsey Veteran

12-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #4

Thanks, Kazz! That cheered me up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #5

When I got Merlin, Sam was 13 and Leo 11, they were settled. did their own thing no bother at all...Then this kitten moved in! by ther end of the first week I was shattered, hadn't realised like you Kazz, how quiet my two boys were till then!

Catsey Veteran

12-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #6

:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

Catsey Veteran

12-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #7

Well I think what concerns me more than anything I think is I think cats aged 8 and 11 are too lively.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #8

You're quite right Kazz, about growing more mature (some would say older ) with our pets. And young ones are way different (and I suspect a bit trying). Never mind, we all mature in time - it just takes some of us a bit longer!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #9

Cassie regularly used to have what I called her mad five minutes......now they are few and far between It's more a case of stretch and flop now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Cassie regularly used to have what I called her mad five minutes......now they are few and far between It's more a case of stretch and flop now!!

@ Cassie!!