PDA

View Full Version : Winston

Pages : 1 [2]

CJK
27-03-2006, 03:07 PM
that is brilliant news elaine. Almost at his birthday, is he getting champagne???

Kazz
27-03-2006, 06:53 PM
You have no idea how pleased I am to hear that.

Karen

candyshandy
27-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Woohooo - excellent news Elaine, soooo chuffed :D :D

Elaine
27-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanx everyone. had the day off work today, have spent large amounts of time playing with the cats but most of all i have been singing happy songs to Winston:lol: Dont think he has really appreciated it though:shock:

CJK
27-03-2006, 08:20 PM
hope your singing voice isnt as bad as mine then. My lot run when I sing, even the kids!!!

Elaine
27-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Fortunately for me but unfortunately for Winston, he is not as agile as he used to be and I make sure there is no escape;) Eva hides under the bed with her paws firmly over her ears and Bernie is thankfull to be in a different room:lol:

Kazz
27-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Fortunately for me but unfortunately for Winston, he is not as agile as he used to be and I make sure there is no escape;) Eva hides under the bed with her paws firmly over her ears and Bernie is thankfull to be in a different room:lol:

The joys of owning a less agile cat;) they can't hide or get away from you:-D

Elaine
30-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Guess who'll be going back to the vets??? No prizes, sorry. His eating has declined again:(

Hreow
30-03-2006, 07:36 PM
< hug > :-(

Fran
30-03-2006, 07:38 PM
So sorry to hear this Elaine :(

Kazz
30-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Me too I am so sorry to hear this, take care of yourself.

Karen

EmmaG
30-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh Elaine, I am so so sorry, it never seems to get any easier around this time, :(

Mags
30-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Elaine ((((hugs))))

Moli
30-03-2006, 09:04 PM
So sorry to hear about Winston Elaine..."Hugs" to you both...x

CJK
30-03-2006, 09:10 PM
oh elaine, I am sorry to hear this. i hope he is ok.

Elaine
30-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I just dont know..... Its frustrating and confusing because he is taking all of his meds without any trouble at all. I wrap his pills in chicken or ham or cheese and he waffles them down. I put food infront of him and he just licks at it, has a little nibble and thats that. I have tried everything today, boiled chicken, sardines(which he loves), all kinds of conventional cat foods. He is still alert and has played a little. This is an emotional rollercoaster. Will just have to see what the vet says but I am wondering if the antibiotics could have something to do with it. I just dont know.......

dandysmom
30-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Elaine, I'm so sorry at the news.....hugs...prayers:cry:

Kazz
30-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Right these are my trade secrets :roll:

Frozen braised beef (Findus) in gravy. You have to cook it :roll: but I think the smell is what does it.
Savaloy (from the fish and chip shop) the red saugage.:)
Hot dog sausages :)

All tempting treats:-D But remembe you don;t get hungry if you are doing nothing - he may just not be hungry. Or he may just be tired.

Oh I know its salty (smacks wrist) but try a little bovril gravy over his food;)

It is a rollercoaster but sadly the lows get more frequent than the highs :? And the end closer than the begining.

Take care Karen

Elaine
31-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanx Kazz, will maybe try some of those. Just waiting for the vet to answer the phone so i can get him in. Again I didnt want to leave things over the weekend. My boss isnt happy coz its supposed to be her day off and we have one on holiday and the other has had her husband rushed into hospital with suspected pneumonia. So that just leaves my boss on the post office counter at the busiest time of the month. Still cannt be helped as Winston is much more important that road tax or any other post office transaction;)

dinahsmum
31-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Oh Elaine...................and why is it always the blimmin weekend! :?
Thinking of you; hope you get the news you want, if not, hope you can find the strength you need.
You have looked after Winston all his life, just keep putting him first.
Take care x

CJK
31-03-2006, 08:55 AM
hope it all goes okay this morning Elaine.

yola
31-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Elaine - not sure what to say only I hope and pray that Winston picks up again soon.

Or could the antibiotics be suppressing his appetite do you think?

Elaine
31-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Just back from the vets. Will be saying my goodbyes AGAIN this weekend unless a miracle happens which is unlikely. Vet thinks there is something else going on here but cannt find anything obvious. So we have decided to prepare for the worst. Winston has been given a steroid injection, an apetite stimulant and I have a solution to put into his water to give him glucose and replace elecrolytes. Sadly it is a fact that so many crf cats die with something completely unrelated to their kidney issues. Will be keeping him comfortable this weekend, his party is cancelled as its no longer important or relevant. Its just his time:cry:

carternm31
31-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Just back from the vets. Will be saying my goodbyes AGAIN this weekend unless a miracle happens which is unlikely. Vet thinks there is something else going on here but cannt find anything obvious. So we have decided to prepare for the worst. Winston has been given a steroid injection, an apetite stimulant and I have a solution to put into his water to give him glucose and replace elecrolytes. Sadly it is a fact that so many crf cats die with something completely unrelated to their kidney issues. Will be keeping him comfortable this weekend, his party is cancelled as its no longer important or relevant. Its just his time:cry:

Oh no, im so sorry to hear this... :( Chin up, keep praying!

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear this Elaine, I did hope that you would get lots of time with him. Have everything crossed for a miracle for the pair of you.

Fran
31-03-2006, 10:53 AM
{{{Hugs Elaine}}} Having been through this very recently myself, I know some of what you are feeling right now :(

Thinking of you and Winston x x x

Elaine
31-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I have had 21 glorious years with the old boy, what more can i ask of him. He has been the perfect companion. I hope Eva and Bernie will spen as many happy years with me as the old boy has.
No more hugs for me please as they only make me cry but winston can have as many hugs as anyone cares to give him, coz he deserves them all.

Mags
31-03-2006, 11:31 AM
So very sorry to hear this Elaine, Winston has been a loving companion to you for all these years and I know you will want to do what is best for him.

Thinking of you....and special ((((hugs)))) for Winston...

Julie84
31-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Elaine, it's always so difficult when you love them so much. Lots of snuggles for Winston. x

Snoof
31-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Oh Elaine... :(

Just remember... You've been lucky to have him for so many years, but Winston's been lucky to have you, too. Big gentle cuddles to him.

yola
31-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Elaine - it looks like you've reached the time we all dread. I'm hoping again hope that something might happen to reverse things a bit, but failing that - please be strong and spend some special, quiet moments with your elderly boy this weekend. And I AM going to give you a hug (and Winston too) coz you both need and deserve one!!

Kazz
31-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I will say no more - but take care, Karen

EmmaG
31-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Some of these decisions we have to make, I know with Lucy I was dreading it, but do you know what......I never regretted what I did. I let her go with her dignity and now I only remember the good times.

A big HUG to Winston and a small cuddle to you Elaine

CJK
31-03-2006, 06:45 PM
oh elaine i am so sorry to hear Winston isnt doing too well. wish there was something that could be done to help.
A very difficult time for you i know

Kazz
31-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Some of these decisions we have to make, I know with Lucy I was dreading it, but do you know what......I never regretted what I did. I let her go with her dignity and now I only remember the good times.

I agree with every word.

Elaine
31-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I know everything you all have said is true, and I know I will look back and smile for the boy too. I am ok with the decision. Will feel like hell on the day, but wouldnt be human if I didnt. I cry when i read all the nice things you have all said. But at the end of the day he is an old and tired cat. Maybe i am reading too much into it now but i feel he came back last week looking better than he has in months, he did that for me. I took quite a few beautifull pictures of him then yesterday the camera went bust. I have caught him looking at me and watching me a few times over the last few days with a sad longing in his eyes. Lets not be sad anymore, lets celebrate all the fab and happy years he has had.

A TOAST TO THE WISE OLD WINSTON XXX

dinahsmum
31-03-2006, 09:08 PM
The decision is the hardest part by far Elaine.

Happy 21st Winston....................have it this weekend, as part of the celebration of your wonderful life!

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 09:09 PM
It sounds like he has given you his blessing Elaine, have a wonderful weekend with him. And give a big hug to Winston for me.

Snoof
31-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll drink to Winston.

Hreow
31-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Three cheers, bring out the bubbly for a long, happy life and a peaceful, deserved tail.

CJK
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll toast to winston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
give him a big hug from me.

Donna
01-04-2006, 12:01 PM
A toast to Winston....

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/liebe/s035.gif

from me x x x

Kazz
01-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I'll join you in a glass or two too Winston, :D

CatGirl
01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi Elaine, i agree with Snoof- you're lucky to have had him,and he is certainly lucky to have had you.(((xxxx))) We're all thinking of you.

Mags
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Here's to you Winston! http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/n025.gif

A big http://bestsmileys.com/love1/25.gif coming your way!

janey83
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
A big hug and a massive kiss to you Winston, Love from Jane and Tigger.xxx.

Emm
02-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll drink to Winston as well :D

and sending him hugs and kisses - hes gorgeous

Elaine
03-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Its been a very sad weekend but there ahs also been alot of humour as we have watched the shift of power go from Winston to Eva. She has already staked her claim on his beds and the poor boy isnt gone yet. But she is only being the best cat she knows how to be. Have also managed to get a pic of them lying right next to eachother, which is some thing that has not happened since Eva's arrival almost two years ago. Winston also gave the young Bernie a cuff round the ear by way of something to remember him by.
Winston and I have cuddled the whole night, dont think either of us got much sleep though. I could feel his old, fragile body tremble in my arms and was awoken by him wretching at the side of the bed. Have given him something to settle his tummy and his blood pressure tablet so as he doesnt have a headache.
Will be setting him free this afternoon. Am really gonna miss the old boy:cry:
I am very happy that we have so many memories together and have shared so much. I only hope I have the same amount of years and enjoyment with Eva and Bernie as I have had with my best mate Winston.

yola
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
O my God Elaine. Your have made the bravest of decisions and (through my tears) I will be thinking of you and holding you and Winston close to my heart this afternoon. May Winston run free and happy without pain for ever more.

Lots and lots of love to you both.

EmmaG
03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
So sorry Elaine, I will be thinking of you this afternoon :(

Fran
03-04-2006, 12:15 PM
You have made a very brave decision Elaine. I am 'with' both you and Winston this afternoon. {{{Hugs to you both}}} x

Snoof
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
You're both in my thoughts, Elaine. Hugs to you and Winston.

Donna
03-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Thinking of you both this afternoon Elaine

Run free Winston x x

Moli
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Thoughts and "Hugs" with you today Elaine...

Mags
03-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Thinking of you both today Elaine {{{{hugs}}}}

CJK
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Sad news Elaine, but you have made the right decision.
Lots of love to Winston and you.
Very sad time, but nobody could have given Winston more love and a better life than you ahve. Be thinking of him

dinahsmum
03-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Hugs to you Elaine, and a gentle kiss on the top of his sweet old head for Winston.
Lovely old boy, and so lucky to have a mummy who can put her own needs to the side, to make the best decision for him.
xx

Booktigger
03-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Have been thinking about you both today. big hugs to both of you (and I don't care if you don't want them), such a brave thing to have to do, but done as your final act of love to your best mate. He is lucky to have had such a good mum.

Elaine
03-04-2006, 05:48 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Picture364.jpg

Winston is gone:cry: But will live on in my heart forever:D I feel very privelaged to have known him and been his companion for all those years.:cry:

EmmaG
03-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh Elaine I am so so sorry. When I had to make this decision for Lucy is was the hardest things I have had to do in my life :( In time the grief will ease and only good memories will remain, you were both very lucky to have each other..

XXXXXXXXXxx

Donna
03-04-2006, 06:00 PM
So sorry Elaine x

Mags
03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
You are very brave Elaine and Winston has left you a wealth of happy memories.....xxx

Snoof
03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
So sorry Elaine. Big hugs to you. I'm glad you're seeing the bright side.

Elaine
03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
So sorry Elaine. Big hugs to you. I'm glad you're seeing the bright side.

I'm doing my best, what else is there:cry: ;)

Fran
03-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Thinking of you Elaine x x x Run free Winston x

Snoof
03-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm doing my best, what else is there:cry: ;) True :( But it's also the truth. Winston's had 21 lucky, loved, well-cared-for years. I'm sure that your love alone made every day he had better than some cats' entire lives.

I know it's poor comfort right now... And it probably will be for some time to come. But I truly believe you've been as much of a blessing to Winston as he has been to you. There should be more people like you in the world, willing to love and take care of their cats the way you did, putting their heart and soul into it. The same goes for DiddyDawn, and I can only hope you both know it to be true as all of us here do.

*hugs*

CJK
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
There should be more people like you in the world, willing to love and take care of their cats the way you did, putting their heart and soul into it.

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!

We can all tell Winston was given total comiitment, tonnes of love and the best home a cat could wish for.

dandysmom
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Elaine, I am so sorry; that decision is HARD...but he had wonderful years with you & couldm't have been more loved...he'll be waiting for you on the rainbow bridge.....hugs

Booktigger
03-04-2006, 09:30 PM
RIP Winston. Such a hard decision to make, but done selflessly for him, as was everything you have done for his entire life, and especially the last two years. He will always be in your heart, and I know you have lots of photos and memories of him, they are so very important.

Kazz
03-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Hiya Elaine,

Sorry only just come home and caught up with the threads. I am pleased you are okay and happy Winston is a much loved cat. Sorry he's gone but by the same token glad I "knew" him.

My thoughts as you know are with you - take care my friend.

I wrote this for Oscar but hope it makes sense to you too -

You are just a room away but
I cannot find the door,
You are just a whisper away but
I cannot whisper loud enough,
You are just a touch away but
I cannot reach that far,
You are just behind me but
I cannot turn fast enough,
You are in tomorrow but
I cannot make tomorrow today,
You are in my dreams but
I cannot sleep forever,
You are in my heart and
I will always keep you there.

dandysmom
04-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Kazz, that was beautiful....made me cry...

Elaine
04-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Thankyou so much for all you support and sympathy and Kazz your words are lovely and make so much sense to me.
I woke up this morning thinking I couldnt possibly cry anymore but alas I am howling again.
I know I have done right by him and have no regrets, he looked so peacefull yesterday I almost picked him up and ran out the door with him. Obviously I didnt.
I will be ok, just need a little time to grieve for such a loyal friend.
Dont think I'll post any more on this thread as it breaks my heart. Its time to move on, remember him when he was well and happy and focus on the two monkeys that are still with us.
Thankyou all very much, oh and I WILL be posting all the lovely pics I have of the old boy at some point.