PDA

View Full Version : barnabys in the dog house

CathyW
09-03-2006, 10:38 PM
for days been smelling cat pee?? looked everywhere, the litter trays are cleaned out regular, cleaned out where they have their tray, they have a large cupboard in the hallway, all to them selves as a toilet. anyway i prop the door open with a small box keep my pegs in it, was a handy size, well i caught barnaby settling himself down for a pee in it tonight:shock: on further investaigation found it was wet, yep he had been using it as a loo :? not happy had to throw the lot away.barnaby ran think if i had caught him i would of put him in a bin bag as well :? bad boy, not happy with him at all, no treats for him at all. just hope he dont find another hiding place.

Fran
09-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Naughty Barnaby up to naughty tricks again!!!:roll:

You love him really BM :-D

Moli
09-03-2006, 11:12 PM
He wouldn't be Barnaby if he wasn't naughty!

Mags
09-03-2006, 11:21 PM
That's Barnaby for you!!:lol:

Donna
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
What a character Barnaby is!!!!

yola
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM
What a cheeky chappie!! Even the thread heading made me smile ;)

BM - you're got a really 'purrsonality' there :-D

CathyW
10-03-2006, 08:40 PM
ive had to wash all his bedding today, as he has peed on them, plus clean down where he sleeps :roll: hes causing me loads of extra work here ;)
and poor reggie where barnabys been having a go at him has now taken to hiding in the bathroom, he really isnt very nice at the moment :? poor reg is covered in scabs n cuts, and where hes got all stressed out he has licked his belly bald. all cause of top cat barnaby. think im gonna have to re home him, to some one who hasnt got any other animals. cant have him bullying the others its not fair on them.

CatGirl
10-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Poor Reggie poor you, i reckon you all need some rescue remedy!

CathyW
11-03-2006, 09:07 AM
bad news.charlie got up this morning and the flat stunk of cat pee. he had been peeing for ages in one spot thought we had cleaned up, but he had done it again, and it had gone underneath the lino and soaked the floor :shock: so all that was dragged out and scrubbed. well def know its barnaby the other 2 where in the front room with me, i saw barnaby in with the food. charlies come in and looked and big puddle of pee. the other 2 hadnt moved, so hes the culprit. sorry but hes making out flat stink bad now. ive got some one whos interested, im waiting for them to ring me. ill do a home check, make sure everythings in order, like no main roads on his doorstep, weather barnaby will be an indoor cat out out door ect. and then hes gone, ive got to get reggie up to the vets to get all his sore bits sorted out, he will calm down, he spent most of the night on my bed. hes so stressed out poor love.
tried so long with barnaby he just dont like living with other cats, when he was an only cat for a while he loved it.
not much more to say im afraid.

yola
11-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh dear. It really sounds rather serious; and all the cats are getting stressed Barnaby included. How long has he been with you? Would it be too traumatic to rehome him and do you genuinly think he'd be better off as an only cat but with all the added stress of rehoming?

Maybe there's some other health issue underlying his behaviour? Peeing can be a sign of cystitis or other, more serious kidney problems. He's a British or Russian Blue I remember you mentioning (sorry can't recall which)? Pedigrees are more susceptible to health issues than mogs.

I hope you can find a way to resolve this that works for all concerned (cats AND humans).

Donna
11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Hope your problem with Barnaby gets sorted either way BM. It must be stressful for everyone concerned, but agree with Yola that there may be a health issue for Barnaby with his peeing.

dinahsmum
11-03-2006, 12:08 PM
This must be awful for you and the whole household.
Link gives contacts for all the breed rescues, if you decide that is the only way http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html :(
{{hugs}}

CathyW
11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
ive just had to go out, now the cat was on his own for no more than 1/2 hour, when i got home there was a strong smell again, ive checked the litter box hes done 2 poos (uncovered) and then ive found he peed in my dustpan n brush, so hes gone in the litter tray and done his biz, then gone a peed somewhere else?? i cant do this any more, my whole flat smells,ive scrubbed n cleaned, spent a fortune on air freshners of all sorts. its not fair on the other 2, im getting stressed which i shouldnt do cause of my heart :roll:. hes eating well and drinking no more than normal. just cant do it anymore, ill end up resenting him. im looking at a prospective home 2morrow,she sounds like a nice girl. he will be an only cat.loads of fuss which he wants,100% attention and spoilt rotton. what else can i do.

dinahsmum
11-03-2006, 12:17 PM
You can only do the right thing Cathy. Hope the prospective new home works out. If not, I'm sure the breed rescue would help.

Donna
11-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Wishing you luck BM.

yola
11-03-2006, 01:00 PM
BM - it must be such a difficult decision to make. You're being very brave - I hope it all works out for Barnaby - I do hope he'll be as happy as he possibly can be in his new home.

Snoof
11-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Best of luck, BM. It's a hard decision to have to make, but hopefully everyone will end up happier - even Barnaby himself.

Elaine
11-03-2006, 02:09 PM
I am so sorry things have come to this, it must be very frustrating and upsetting for you all. I hope all works out well for Barnaby in a new home.

Mags
11-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry to hear this BM.....I hope Barnaby will settle ok in his new home and his habits change for the better....

Fran
11-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Hope all goes well for Barnaby BM. Have you considered the possibility of there being a medical reason behind Barnaby's problems?

CathyW
11-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Hope all goes well for Barnaby BM. Have you considered the possibility of there being a medical reason behind Barnaby's problems?ive watched him, where is b4 he was constantly washing himself down below and crying hes not doing any of that, hes eating like a ganet, drinking normally, his coat dont seem out of sorts his eyes are bright n hes got the proverbial cold nose. he was charlies cat before i came along, and aparently he has always been *different* only wanting to make a fuss on his terms, get what i mean, he wouldnt come to u if u called him, in fact the only time he makes a fuss of u is when hes hungry.he dont like me thats for surem (gives me dirty looks) ive done everything i can for him.
ive spoken to this lady (ann) and she sounds nice, got good vibes about her. shes at home all day, so he wont get lonely. he will have a constant servant (thats what he wants LOL) hope it works out ok for him.

Kay
11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Hope all goes well for you and especially Barnaby. We had to rehome once because of the stress on the other cats. She went where there were no others and she is a real softy now. I know how you must be feeling so my thoughts are with you.