Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
09-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #1

barnabys in the dog house

for days been smelling cat pee?? looked everywhere, the litter trays are cleaned out regular, cleaned out where they have their tray, they have a large cupboard in the hallway, all to them selves as a toilet. anyway i prop the door open with a small box keep my pegs in it, was a handy size, well i caught barnaby settling himself down for a pee in it tonight on further investaigation found it was wet, yep he had been using it as a loo not happy had to throw the lot away.barnaby ran think if i had caught him i would of put him in a bin bag as well bad boy, not happy with him at all, no treats for him at all. just hope he dont find another hiding place.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #2

Re: barnabys in the dog house

Naughty Barnaby up to naughty tricks again!!!

You love him really BM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #3

He wouldn't be Barnaby if he wasn't naughty!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #4

That's Barnaby for you!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #5

What a character Barnaby is!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #6

What a cheeky chappie!! Even the thread heading made me smile

BM - you're got a really 'purrsonality' there

Catsey Veteran

10-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #7

ive had to wash all his bedding today, as he has peed on them, plus clean down where he sleeps hes causing me loads of extra work here
and poor reggie where barnabys been having a go at him has now taken to hiding in the bathroom, he really isnt very nice at the moment poor reg is covered in scabs n cuts, and where hes got all stressed out he has licked his belly bald. all cause of top cat barnaby. think im gonna have to re home him, to some one who hasnt got any other animals. cant have him bullying the others its not fair on them.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH+ 1 ORIENTAL/TYPE
10-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #8

Poor Reggie poor you, i reckon you all need some rescue remedy!

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #9

bad news.charlie got up this morning and the flat stunk of cat pee. he had been peeing for ages in one spot thought we had cleaned up, but he had done it again, and it had gone underneath the lino and soaked the floor so all that was dragged out and scrubbed. well def know its barnaby the other 2 where in the front room with me, i saw barnaby in with the food. charlies come in and looked and big puddle of pee. the other 2 hadnt moved, so hes the culprit. sorry but hes making out flat stink bad now. ive got some one whos interested, im waiting for them to ring me. ill do a home check, make sure everythings in order, like no main roads on his doorstep, weather barnaby will be an indoor cat out out door ect. and then hes gone, ive got to get reggie up to the vets to get all his sore bits sorted out, he will calm down, he spent most of the night on my bed. hes so stressed out poor love.
tried so long with barnaby he just dont like living with other cats, when he was an only cat for a while he loved it.
not much more to say im afraid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #10

Oh dear. It really sounds rather serious; and all the cats are getting stressed Barnaby included. How long has he been with you? Would it be too traumatic to rehome him and do you genuinly think he'd be better off as an only cat but with all the added stress of rehoming?

Maybe there's some other health issue underlying his behaviour? Peeing can be a sign of cystitis or other, more serious kidney problems. He's a British or Russian Blue I remember you mentioning (sorry can't recall which)? Pedigrees are more susceptible to health issues than mogs.

I hope you can find a way to resolve this that works for all concerned (cats AND humans).