PDA

View Full Version : Help re: "Bagpuss" please.

borderdawn
19-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Can any of you tell me if "Bagpuss" was based on a particular breed. Almost everyone that meets "Wiggy" says he looks like Bagpuss, was he based on a BSH?
Dawn.

Donna
19-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Funny you should say that Dawn cos I have been showing my kiddies the pictures you have posted of Wiggy and also been on lots of BSH websites and my kids say he looks like Bagpuss!!

On another note, a local breeder has some BSH in January. She has cinnamon and fawn colours - any idea what these will look like being the BSH expert??:p

borderdawn
19-12-2005, 10:31 PM
FAwn and cinnamon are not recognised colours as far as I know, probably a sales ploy. You do get cream in varying shades, and they have spotty or tabby markings or are self coloured, maybe they mean that?
dawn.

Donna
19-12-2005, 10:33 PM
FAwn and cinnamon are not recognised colours as far as I know, probably a sales ploy. You do get cream in varying shades, and they have spotty or tabby markings or are self coloured, maybe they mean that?
dawn.

She also has chocolate and lilac. The lilac ones are very pale silvery grey arnt they?

Kay
19-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Have checked the GCCF breed list and cinnamon and fawn are recognised colours. I will try and find out what they look like and let you know.

Kay

Donna
20-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Have checked the GCCF breed list and cinnamon and fawn are recognised colours. I will try and find out what they look like and let you know.

Kay

Thanks Kay. If anyone can post any piccies that would be good. I cant seem to find any on the internet. But then again, I dont know what I am looking for!!!:-D

In two minds to get another cat - have two moggies already. Is it a good idea?

Snoof
20-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Cinnamon BSH:
http://www.snoof.co.uk/bsh/Phoebe2509.jpg

Lilac BSH:
http://www.snoof.co.uk/bsh/IMG_6351-200.jpg

Fawn and white BSH (kitten):
http://www.snoof.co.uk/bsh/maisie.jpg

Educated Googling is my anti-drug :D

Kay
20-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Thanks Kay. If anyone can post any piccies that would be good. I cant seem to find any on the internet. But then again, I dont know what I am looking for!!!:-D

In two minds to get another cat - have two moggies already. Is it a good idea?

Go for it Donna. Persians are very laid back and usually fit in well but there again I am biased. If you want any pics on Persian kittens to help you make your mind up just let me know. But be warned the are highly contagious!!!

As for the cinnamon and fawn colours in the BSH. It looks like the fawn is the dilute colour of cinnamon (but don't quote me on this because we don't have them in Persians) like lilac is chocolate's, cream is red's, and blue ( believe it or not ) is black's dilute. But don't get me started on the genetics of colours!!!

borderdawn
20-12-2005, 07:58 AM
MMmmmm not keen on those colours, the cinammon looks brown? although I do like the lilac, the lady who I got Wiggy from has 2 beautiful lilacs, but they are more lilac than that.
You can see one of them here http://www.rodwayecats.co.uk/queensxmas.htm

It seems with Cats you can have anything, just make it up!
Dawn.

Naomi
20-12-2005, 10:27 AM
What gorgeous colours. I'm just gonna stick with my one moggy for now :D

Also some totally uselss piece of info but my mum showed me a magazine the other day where someone had actually knitted clothes for herself and her hubby out of the hair of her persians. She'd go round collecting all their fur, spin it and then knit it into jumpers and stuff

yola
20-12-2005, 10:36 AM
What gorgeous colours. I'm just gonna stick with my one moggy for now :D

Also some totally uselss piece of info but my mum showed me a magazine the other day where someone had actually knitted clothes for herself and her hubby out of the hair of her persians. She'd go round collecting all their fur, spin it and then knit it into jumpers and stuff

I've often joked that I'd stuff cushions with the fur shed by my lot!! But I don't think I'd go as far as wearing their fur (and I can't knit anyways ;) )

I've never seen a cinamon-coloured cat. He's beautiful!!! My Fifi is lilac-cream and the lilac element is a kind of pinky-grey . . . a really soft colour, very pretty.