Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
19-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #1

Help re: "Bagpuss" please.

Can any of you tell me if "Bagpuss" was based on a particular breed. Almost everyone that meets "Wiggy" says he looks like Bagpuss, was he based on a BSH?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #2

Re: Help re: "Bagpuss" please.

Funny you should say that Dawn cos I have been showing my kiddies the pictures you have posted of Wiggy and also been on lots of BSH websites and my kids say he looks like Bagpuss!!

On another note, a local breeder has some BSH in January. She has cinnamon and fawn colours - any idea what these will look like being the BSH expert??

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2005, 10:31 PM   #3

FAwn and cinnamon are not recognised colours as far as I know, probably a sales ploy. You do get cream in varying shades, and they have spotty or tabby markings or are self coloured, maybe they mean that?
dawn.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
FAwn and cinnamon are not recognised colours as far as I know, probably a sales ploy. You do get cream in varying shades, and they have spotty or tabby markings or are self coloured, maybe they mean that?
dawn.
She also has chocolate and lilac. The lilac ones are very pale silvery grey arnt they?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
19-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #5

Have checked the GCCF breed list and cinnamon and fawn are recognised colours. I will try and find out what they look like and let you know.

Kay

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2005, 12:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Have checked the GCCF breed list and cinnamon and fawn are recognised colours. I will try and find out what they look like and let you know.

Kay
Thanks Kay. If anyone can post any piccies that would be good. I cant seem to find any on the internet. But then again, I dont know what I am looking for!!!

In two minds to get another cat - have two moggies already. Is it a good idea?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
20-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #7

Cinnamon BSH:

Lilac BSH:

Fawn and white BSH (kitten):

Educated Googling is my anti-drug

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-12-2005, 02:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Thanks Kay. If anyone can post any piccies that would be good. I cant seem to find any on the internet. But then again, I dont know what I am looking for!!!

In two minds to get another cat - have two moggies already. Is it a good idea?
Go for it Donna. Persians are very laid back and usually fit in well but there again I am biased. If you want any pics on Persian kittens to help you make your mind up just let me know. But be warned the are highly contagious!!!

As for the cinnamon and fawn colours in the BSH. It looks like the fawn is the dilute colour of cinnamon (but don't quote me on this because we don't have them in Persians) like lilac is chocolate's, cream is red's, and blue ( believe it or not ) is black's dilute. But don't get me started on the genetics of colours!!!

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #9

MMmmmm not keen on those colours, the cinammon looks brown? although I do like the lilac, the lady who I got Wiggy from has 2 beautiful lilacs, but they are more lilac than that.
You can see one of them here http://www.rodwayecats.co.uk/queensxmas.htm

It seems with Cats you can have anything, just make it up!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #10

What gorgeous colours. I'm just gonna stick with my one moggy for now

Also some totally uselss piece of info but my mum showed me a magazine the other day where someone had actually knitted clothes for herself and her hubby out of the hair of her persians. She'd go round collecting all their fur, spin it and then knit it into jumpers and stuff