PDA

View Full Version : doing the impossible, im must be insane

Luke
03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
well we went to see the kittens today, they are just off for their first injection tommorow, then they are ready to go the next day. So we were offered going to pick her up at about 7pm'ish Saturday night, or 4pm Sunday afternoon.
I am now in the bad books with mom, because i said to the lady we would collect our kit on Saturday night, which is when we are having the big Bonfire night party at our house. Now i am not, and haven't been over enthusiastic about this event happening at our house. Mostly because getting all of my family together is like dining with the family of Satan:roll:. So having the kitten on Saturday night will give me a prime excuse to escape from the mayhem, but mom keeps going but you can't give her full attention etc etc, my response was that our kit will sleep most of the first day/night we have her anyway, so its like i can't see a problem. Did i do the right thing?

Naomi
03-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Luke your completely mad, which of course we all knew anyway :lol:

If your family are gonna be coming round then I agree with your mum. Bringing the kitten home with so many people around could be just a tad too much for her.

Luke
03-11-2005, 04:46 PM
but she will be upstairs in one of the spare rooms, which is where i probablly will spend most of the evening, so i can't really see a problem

Naomi
03-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Is it wise to be taking the little one away from safe surroundings on Bonfire night what with all the fireworks going off? Poor thing is gonna be in a strange new place and probably scared anyway without the bang of fireworks to add to her stress.

I'd really, really think about it. I know your all excited about having her home Luke but surely one more day wont matter.

Mags
03-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think you should bring the little one home on Bonfire Night either Luke....the poor little thing will be scared enough being moved into different surroundings and away from her litter mates, I just don't think it is fair on her. I think you should definately leave it til another day....put the kitty first...

dinahsmum
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Most 'authorities' advise getting a new pet as early in the day as you can, to allow them time to become acclimatised in the new place before they're expected to cuddle down for the night.

Your decision I guess but I'd go with the post-bonfire-night vote too. Sorry mate!

bobbie3917
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
well if you were getting a kitten/pup of mine i would not let it home with you if you had something busy going on

Luke
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok so an update, we thought on it and rang the lady to get her opinion and she said that she will drop her off on Saturday morning then, so she can get used to things etc, and as for the firework time, she will be in the kitchen in her crate, and the lady assured us our kitten will be ok. To be honest, the guests will all be in the garden, and as for the noise of the fireworks, as the lady said she is encountering them every night, there anyways, so all should go well

Mags
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
So where will all the guests be if it is raining on Saturday night Luke?:? :(

Luke
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
well they can go home Mags :D as you can tell i am totally against the 'party' idea, i thin its unfair on the present pets, plus i am not exactly one for fireworks....

Mags
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I just hope it works out alright for you and your little kitty Luke....just try to keep her away from too much fuss....

Luke
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
oh Yes, definatley Mags and if things go as i think they will i shall retire early upstairs with all animals in tow :)

Naomi
03-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Good luck Luke

Must admit Moli & Sox haven't batted an eyelid at the fireworks we've been having tonight but they've had 4 days to settle in

Luke
03-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Good luck Luke

Must admit Moli & Sox haven't batted an eyelid at the fireworks we've been having tonight but they've had 4 days to settle in
well we were there last night, to drop something off for wee kit and fireworks were goiing off and she carried on playing with the toy, she actually was batting the glass of the window at the colourful fireworks she culd see:)

Moli
03-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Is she still nameless Luke???

bobbie3917
03-11-2005, 11:54 PM
well try to keep her out of the way then luke as she will be missing her litter mates, don tlet to many ppl see her until she has settled (atleast 3 days)
good luck with her

Kazz
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Well I would have left her till Sunday Morning but hey thats me.

Take care and try to let her have a nice meal to get her full and close the curtains in the room she's in

Karen