Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
03-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #1

doing the impossible, im must be insane

well we went to see the kittens today, they are just off for their first injection tommorow, then they are ready to go the next day. So we were offered going to pick her up at about 7pm'ish Saturday night, or 4pm Sunday afternoon.
I am now in the bad books with mom, because i said to the lady we would collect our kit on Saturday night, which is when we are having the big Bonfire night party at our house. Now i am not, and haven't been over enthusiastic about this event happening at our house. Mostly because getting all of my family together is like dining with the family of Satan. So having the kitten on Saturday night will give me a prime excuse to escape from the mayhem, but mom keeps going but you can't give her full attention etc etc, my response was that our kit will sleep most of the first day/night we have her anyway, so its like i can't see a problem. Did i do the right thing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #2

Re: doing the impossible, im must be insane

Luke your completely mad, which of course we all knew anyway

If your family are gonna be coming round then I agree with your mum. Bringing the kitten home with so many people around could be just a tad too much for her.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #3

but she will be upstairs in one of the spare rooms, which is where i probablly will spend most of the evening, so i can't really see a problem

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #4

Is it wise to be taking the little one away from safe surroundings on Bonfire night what with all the fireworks going off? Poor thing is gonna be in a strange new place and probably scared anyway without the bang of fireworks to add to her stress.

I'd really, really think about it. I know your all excited about having her home Luke but surely one more day wont matter.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #5

I don't think you should bring the little one home on Bonfire Night either Luke....the poor little thing will be scared enough being moved into different surroundings and away from her litter mates, I just don't think it is fair on her. I think you should definately leave it til another day....put the kitty first...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #6

Most 'authorities' advise getting a new pet as early in the day as you can, to allow them time to become acclimatised in the new place before they're expected to cuddle down for the night.

Your decision I guess but I'd go with the post-bonfire-night vote too. Sorry mate!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #7

well if you were getting a kitten/pup of mine i would not let it home with you if you had something busy going on

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #8

Ok so an update, we thought on it and rang the lady to get her opinion and she said that she will drop her off on Saturday morning then, so she can get used to things etc, and as for the firework time, she will be in the kitchen in her crate, and the lady assured us our kitten will be ok. To be honest, the guests will all be in the garden, and as for the noise of the fireworks, as the lady said she is encountering them every night, there anyways, so all should go well

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM   #9

So where will all the guests be if it is raining on Saturday night Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #10

well they can go home Mags as you can tell i am totally against the 'party' idea, i thin its unfair on the present pets, plus i am not exactly one for fireworks....