Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
17-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #1

Very funny story

As you know Clementine came from my mums best friend, who has a pedigree tortie point mitted ragdoll, and when she was callling, my mums friend little 4 year old picked her up and let her 'play' in the garden!!!
Well she did go and play, supposedly with next door's Burmese cross BSH, and that would make sense as their neighbours Burmese cross BSH, is a sandy sort of colour and so were Clems brothers, she came out a tortie we think from her mum being a tortie colour point and her dad supposeldy being a solid, thus a pure tortie and she has three feet wich are mitted like a ragdoll, although the 'mits' are cream LOL
Anyways, yesterday my cousin snad her friend had come 'visiting' anyways her feidn picked up CLementine and she inherited the ragdoll gene of going completely floppy in your arms!!!!
So my cousins friend picked her up, and tru to form she went limp, i heard a scream went to see what was the matter, and my couins friend was nearly in tears, she said "I think i've broken you cats back"
I couldnt believe it, i walked away laughing my head off.
The densenss of some people LOL

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #2

Re: Very funny story

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
17-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #3

Mags, u know what got me, how the hell could u even think it is possible to break a cats back by picking it up?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #4

Was your cousin's friend very young Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
17-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #5

No, she was 15, which scares me that she thought it was able to practically cripple a cat thru picking it up!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
17-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #6

just thought i would let you know Luke that ragdolls dont go floppy any more than any other type of breed. you may get 1 that does it all the time and you may get 1 that never does it just like any other type of cat