Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #1

Problems with Claude

We are having a few problems with Claude.....he has decided that he no longer likes the dogs and keeps hissing and swiping them with his paw I've no idea why as he has been brought up with them and has always got on well with them. They love him to bits and can't understand why he is being like this. It is really winding hubby up as tonight he has nearly taken
Maddie's eye out and Maddie is hubby's baby He has threatened to put Claude back up the tree and leave him there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #2

Re: Problems with Claude

Think he is maybe just maturing PK, Trying it on....Sam would probably know better than me...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #3

Yes I agree with Moli PK, he is beginning to 'find' himself.....

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Think he is maybe just maturing PK, Trying it on....Sam would probably know better than me...
I hope that's all it is Moli or we may have a divorce on our hands here Hubby & Maddie vs Me & Claude

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #5

When Merlin started to mature, he and Leo had some really bad fights, there would be chunks of fur all over the place, Merlin was a bulshy little s*d..Once I had him snipped they settled down...

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #6

Ooooh I hope that that will sort Claude out too then Moli. Clooney is fine with them though and he is a couple of weeks older than Claude

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
23-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #7

it sounds to me more like he has had a scare.May be one of the dogs accidently trod of him or pushes him or if they have long tails just hit him wagging it or just frightened him.Cats dont like or forget and hes just telling them that he is here so watch it
I would of thought he was to young to be asserting himself,but i may be wrong.cant remember how old he is?But normally 8 months is when they start to act like a man.
I have one here who hates my dogs ,if they go anywhere near her shes goes totally mad at them.Poor smart is totally frightened of her and is a shivering wimp.And all because he tripped over her when she was a kitten,shes never forgiven and shes coming up 4 now.

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #8

Thanks for that Sam... Claude is not quite four months old. I can't recall an incident between her and the dogs but something may have happened without me knowing I suppose. He gets on great with all the other cats, even Sylvester who doesn't like the kitts doesn't phase him and he goes up to him to try and make friends. He loves the rabbits and they are considerably bigger than him.....so I'm at a loss really. Clooney loves the labs, it's really wierd

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #9

What has Claude been like with the dogs today PK?

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #10

Much the same really Mags It's such a shame 'cos Clooney loves them!