Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-02-2022, 06:26 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Good morning ladies,
Sunday early evening here and a beautiful sunny day. Sorry I haven't posted for a few days as I have had a migraine and it affected my eyes. I haven't had a migraine for a while, but when I do get one, it is bad and lasts for a few days.I'm OK today ,so will be able to watch some TV tonight.

Yes, I got my blinds finally. Paul spent ages putting them up . He wasn't satisfied with the first attempt, but now they're up, they look OK. They're just ordinary venetian blinds, but at least they block out a lot of the sun. Just have to get them in the kitchen now.

Dickens is slowly getting better but still won't eat the urinary wet food at all.I'm giving him the Fancy Feast tubes and Temptations and he will eat a wee bit of the urinary biscuits. He's also drinking more water now, which is good, and he appears comfortable when he's not in the litter box. It still hurts him when he goes to the toilet, but I'll take him back to see Michele next week. Gosh, it's awful when one of our pets is ill, isn't it ?

My cousin came round for lunch today. I bought some more spinach and feta rolls as they were so nice. She's OK, but misses Cinder a lot, as she would do of course.

I had a horrid guy come to the door yesterday. Luckily I had the security door on and dead bolted, so he couldn't get in .He said he wanted me to sign a petition to end all government covid mandates and when I said I actually agreed with the mandates, he started using abusive language at me and said he'd send others around to sort me out .I still had a slightly sore head and him shouting at me didn't help. Gosh, I really wished I had Willow because he started trying the door.I told him to leave or I'd call the police and luckily he did. According to my Neighbourly site,, this guy has been to a number of houses in the area and the police have been informed. NZ seems to be going crazy ATM - lots of people in our main cities are protesting against the mandates and becoming really violent, especially a large group in Wellington who have been camping on parliament grounds for the last 13 days. Apparently the police have no powers to stop them. and they're allowed to abuse and terrorize passersby and block all the streets with their illegally parked vehicles. The whole thing is insane.

PAMELA,sorry that you've been having such bad weather lately. I hope it's settled down a bit now for you. It's really hard to walk your dogs when the weather is bad, I know.AND poor Mia. I'm sorry that she hasn't been well. Hope her tummy is a bit more settled now and she's able to enjoy her walks a bit more. Poor girl.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that Chris managed to catch covid and I hope he is feeling a lot better now. Thank goodness that you and Howard have managed to avoid it and are getting regular tests.You'll be looking forward to that doll fair in March. I don't think I could bear to sell any of my collection of steiff toys because their beady little eyes would look at me. I know I'm nuts !!!

Well ladies, I'm off to get tea ready - not sure what yet.

Hope you both have a good Sunday and stay safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2022, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Happy Sunday ladies.
Very windy with some rain today but think storm has passed by.
Yesterday we had snow in the morning and sunshine in the afternoon.
We managed a lovely unexpected brickcroft walk.
Dinky, what a horrible man and how scary, glad you are OK.
Pamela, hope Mia is OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #3

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Good evening ladies,

Dinky, \i do hope you are feeling better. Migraines are horrible!! Never had them bad enough to affect my eyes but i know how painful they can be. So glad you finally have your blinds up and they are doing their job.

Glad to hear DIckens is doing better. I hope this continues. I cant imagine how your cousin is feeling. I hope she is ok. What a horrible man to come to your door!! I am glad he left as well. Thats shocking that they are getting away with doing the protests and there is nothing the police can do.

Shelley, glad you had a nice walk especially with the weather. It has been the same here. Yesterday was nice here as well but very cold so the bike didnt get taken for its service. Its been snowing again here today but it is too wet for it to lay thankfully.

Mia is doing fine now that i have cut certain treats out of her diet. No more issues so far. We have been out and about today. I bought myself some new running trainers as my calf muscles have been tight/sore when i have been running to the point i havent been enjoying my runs. New trainers have more cushioning so i am hoping they help. We are just relaxing tonight. I dragged Steven to a shop tonight only to find they were closing oops!! but was nice just to get back out. Been quite restless tonight.

Got a 2 day week this week which i am looking forward to. 4 of the managers of my team are coming up from Birmingham for a few days so a few of us are meeting them for dinner on Tuesday night. I am meetiing my best friend on Thursday for lunch/drinks/shopping so really looking forward to that.

Enjoy your evening ladies