Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #1

Friday, and all is well.

Welcome to the last day of the working week. Friday 7.30pm here and it's been a nice day again. Dickens finished his 15 days of capsules for cystitis last night and i was meant to take him back to the vet today to get more and let Michele check him over, but decided to leave him off them until next week and see how he goes. He's now using the litter box normally but is still VERY nervous, thinks he "hears" noises or sees strangers and bolts under the chair in the lounge.Michele may want him to still have two capsules per day for a while yet, but if she thinks he's ready, she'll put him on to one a day and gradually reduce it to one every second day if he is OK on that.I'll watch him closely over the weekend and make sure the cystitis doesn't return. Strangely, Dickens flew at Frederick last night just out of the blue. ,and they fought viciously until I managed to separate them. It's usually the other way round with Dickens being bullied.Don't know what got in to him. They both lost a lot of fur all over the carpet and Freddie's face was scratched. I'm going to get a Feliway diffuser next week week at the vet's.

Something funny .I'm now feeding not only sparrows and small wild birds ,but two huge ducks which turned up on the back lawn yesterday. I live in fear of my "neighbour from hell" looking over the fence and seeing them .They're really huge and very friendly. Luckily they fly away after they've had a feed, but they were back today again. The cats are intrigued with them and watch them from the back conservatory window.

I'm going to the hospital to have both knees x-rayed next Wednesday. One in particular is quite swollen at times and it is painful to walk. I'm not allowed to take anti-inflamatories unfortunately and panadol does nothing. Funny but today, they haven't been so bad, just when I've got that hospital appt coming up.

PAMELA,, what a lovely idea to place flowers by your mum's tree on Wednesday.. I'm glad you had a couple of days off and took things gently. It was good that you saw your dad as well.Birthdays are certainly times to be around family.That new car sounds nice but what a shame you have to wait until next week to pick it up. Yeah, it is hard when you rely on a car to get to your course.You're doing a lot better than me at keeping up with the course work. I still haven't finished that Bible course essay and the longer I leave it, the less I feel like doing it.You're sure doing well with all your snuffle mats. Good for you, and the extra money will be handy for Christmas. I hope Steven's new job is going well for him. Do you use your air fryer often ? I'm thinking of getting one,but wondering if they are easy to use.

SHELLEY, I'm glad you enjoyed the football match after all. You say that Chris doesn't like crowds much. Gosh, he sounds so much like my Paddy - he wouldn't go out anywhere or speak to anyone except immediate family. He had elective mutism and aspergers and was extremely anti-social. when growing up. Even now, as a young adult, he's very quirky and quite different, although he does speak when he has to. BUT, it would be a sad old world if we were all the same, I guess. I bet your oldest son and his fiancee were thrilled to choose a bear from your mum's collection. Things like that are very special and will be treasured.I hope, too, that your friend who is unwell, is now feeling a bit better and looking forward to Christmas.

YOLA, hope you and yours are doing well and your eye is now much better.

Have a good Friday everyone. Hope the sun shines for you all today.