Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-10-2021, 05:22 AM   #1

Cold Tuesday.

Good morning everyone. Tuesday tea time here and it's cold, although the rain has stopped.Did a bit of shopping this morning but can't get a lot of stuff that I want. Baking items are in short supply, especially flour and sugar. I was going to make a carob cake this week, but it's impossible to do so. I hope next week might be a bit better. My poor wild birds cannot have any seed tonight for their tea as wild bird seed is unobtainable.

Dickens was going fine on his new antibiotics. He has been off them for a week, and last night it started again. He's been in and out of all the litter boxes all day trying to go, and only able to do a drop at a time.He's going to Michele in the morning around 10am to be sedated and have a urine sample taken.I told her not to shave/groom out his matts because I don't want him to be sedated for too long. I've managed to cut quite a few off him anyway ,over the past week, with Janna holding him and I'm taking him to the groomer to finish the job when he's well enough. Not yet though.I just hope he's OK with the sedation tomorrow.

PAMELA, you certainly did manage to have a terrible week last week, what with your burst pipe, Steven losing his job and a flat tyre. Let's hope this week is shaping up better for you. I'm so pleased there was no water damage and Steven has got another job.It sounds as if it's going to be a better one anyway. You'll be really looking forward to going to London on Thursday for your birthday. I'm sure you'll both have a wonderful time and I know that your pets will be well looked after while you're away. It's a pity you can't teach them to make the snuffle mats for you while you're gone !!!

SHELLEY, I bet you and Chris enjoyed the Harvest festival supper last Friday night, and the festival at your church on Sunday.You sound as if you are selling quite a few of your dolls online and doing really well in that area.Just think of all the new dolls and bears you can buy with the money you make.It must be hard to part with some of them though, but it would be so rewarding when you can repair them. I enjoy watching The Repair Shop on TV. The other night, the ladies restored a much loved teddy for a lady who had had him since she was a young child. He came up beautifully.

YOLA,,I hope your eye is now much better and healing quickly.

I'm off to do the tea now - chicken kebabs, yams and teeny weeny brussell sprouts which I love. Oh yes, I almost forgot to tell you that my grandson, Joah, has a bad case of shingles all down one leg and now moving up his back. Brenna took him to the doctor last Friday, and the doctor said it was unusual to see shingles in a child so young. Poor little boy is really miserable and crying, but is now on medication to help.They were planning to fly to Rotorua next week to spend a few days up there but now it depends how Joah is. Thank goodness shingles isn't catching.

Have a fantastic Tuesday everything and please keep everything crossed for poor Dickens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-10-2021, 12:06 PM   #2

Re: Cold Tuesday.

Good day all.

It's been raining here at night something furious, but the days have been mostly dry and cool. Thank you for asking about my eye. Last night, on the 2 week anniversary of the op, I noticed a tiny bit of clearer vision coming back. I can see a level of water in my eye, kind of like a spirit level half way down, and this is the gas bubble reducing and the liquid in the eye refilling. I'm so very, very happy about that as have been worried. Consultant appointment tomorrow at the hospital so should know more then.

Dinky, sorry to hear about Dickens. It does sound like some kind of very nasty UTI, I hope the vet manages to shed some light and provide relief. I wish him all the best as I do for your grandson also. Shingles is horrid.

I was thinking about your knee pain and about what I did to try to relieve mine. I have a fair few months on very strong prescription painkillers but in the end, what started the recovery was getting down on the floor (with extreme difficulty initially) and doing some stretches. As the pain reduced I was then able to walk more. I also started the 5:2 fasting diet and restricted time eating, dropping most carbs. The extra exercise and carb reduction kick started weight loss which reduced the pressure on my joints.

I'm not saying that's the answer as it might not be appropriate for your age and lifestyle (I'm 56), but earlier in the year I was struggling to do up size 18 jeans and now I can easily get a size 14 pair on. The effect on my joints, and my blood pressure has been remarkable.

Pamela, so sorry to hear of your disasters. A flooded house is horrible. We had our boiler leak badly and it ruined the ceiling below, including our regency cornice. Thankfully the insurance covered the damage. Pleased yours didn't get so bad. Steven's job loss must have been seriously worrying. Again, how lucky for him to just walk into another job. Almost unheard of at the moment. A friend of mine was doing contract work (at a high level), and he went to work for Microsoft XBox for a while. He had FOURTEEN interviews. Insane.

A quick wave to Shelley and Kazz and I've got to get on with my working (from home) day. Take care all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #3

Evening all,
Dinky I expect you are tucked up in bed now.
I hope everything goes well for Dickens tomorrow, I believe stress can also play a part with uti.
Sorry to hear about Josh and hope he's better very soon.
Pamela, nearly time for your hols, yipeee.
Work has gone well so far this week, nice to feel you can make a difference.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-10-2021, 06:15 PM   #4

Evening Dinky, Shelley and Yola,

Dinky thats a shame you cant get the ingredients to make your cake, i have never heard of a carbo cake, will need to google it!! Sorry to hear Dickens has been poorly again, i do hope he gets on ok at his appointment tomorrow. How is Joah doing? I do hope he is on the mend.

Yola, thats great to hear you are getting a bit of vision in your eye, hopefully it keeps improving. I have heard a lot about the 5:2 dietm im not very good at that one I have done the 16:8 and it works but very slowly. I have found that recently i have been losing weight without much effort, not sure why though. Thats great you can get into the size 14 fantastic achievement dropping 2 sizes!!

Shelley, glad work has gone well, its always good when it is a good week!!

We are heading to London tomorrow. Dropped the cats and dogs off this morning, the house is very quiet just now which feels strange!! Looking forward to going away. OH and i went for a lovely lunch today to Stirling. The place was beside the castle and was a very old style building. Food was lovely. We have from about 2pm tomorrow until 330pm on Saturday there to explore so loads of time. I have downloaded a book on my kindle for teh train call Girl A, looks really good so that will keep me entertained for a while!!