Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #1

Monday again!!

Morning everyone. Yip it's that dreaded day of the week again, Monday!! Not got much planned for the week except for 2 ate shifts on Tuesday and Thursday but they are only 1 in every 6 weeks so can't really grumble.

Chilly this morning. Had hat, gloves and scarf on today as I got the bus to work and have a 15min walk through the city to get to work from the bus stop.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #2

Re: Monday again!!

Good morning Pamela, I haven't poked my nose out of the door yet but I think it's colder as the cats haven't moved from the radiators much. I'm doing laundry again, does it ever end?

I have a quiet week ahead, nothing on the calendar so far. No doctors, vets, dentists or appointments of any kind just the usual stroke club on Friday. Nobody will mind if I hibernate then

Be back later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #3

morning Pamela, Nettie and anyone else.
Grey day here, been for a nice rainy walk with the dogs, now housework.
Yesterday i bought an old fashioned wooden clothes dryer maiden, it's full of woodworm holes, i'm realy disappointed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

Well its cold here too.

Been out with Bella and now doing this until I pluck up enough warmth to go out. This is my plan

They are shopping today for the coming week trying to get into a routine shopping Mondays.
Get my hair trimmed.
Phone insurance company.
Buy Dad a belt - when he goes the hospital or Drs he gets in a bit of a tizzy with his braces so back to belts.
Sort front garden out.
Rest my knee........................have got some gel to put on it Already had a strap for it still aches.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Morning everyone. Yip it's that dreaded day of the week again, Monday!! Not got much planned for the week except for 2 ate shifts on Tuesday and Thursday but they are only 1 in every 6 weeks so can't really grumble.

Chilly this morning. Had hat, gloves and scarf on today as I got the bus to work and have a 15min walk through the city to get to work from the bus stop.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm
Morning Pamela. Good plan to get the two lates early in the 6 weeks.
I have read a really cold spell coming to the UK.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good morning Pamela, I haven't poked my nose out of the door yet but I think it's colder as the cats haven't moved from the radiators much. I'm doing laundry again, does it ever end?

I have a quiet week ahead, nothing on the calendar so far. No doctors, vets, dentists or appointments of any kind just the usual stroke club on Friday. Nobody will mind if I hibernate then

Be back later x
I do not think laundry ends. Sorry to tell you.
I hope your hibernation goes well but think of us as the hares to your bear (John Lewis advert) we will be your alarm clock.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
morning Pamela, Nettie and anyone else.
Grey day here, been for a nice rainy walk with the dogs, now housework.
Yesterday i bought an old fashioned wooden clothes dryer maiden, it's full of woodworm holes, i'm realy disappointed
Get rid of the maiden before the woodworm spread.

I have been for a nice walk with Bells this morning to. Hopefuly that's where our posts differ I hope for no housework.

How are the dogs getting on with no cats in the house?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #8

Is the woodworm dormant or active? If the former it's OK (we have tons of ww holes throughout the old big beams in the house but structure is v sound) but if latter - burn it!

Still trying to recover from several late nights (the one on Friday night to Oxford to see Gary Numan was just THE best), coupled with early mornings and broken nights due to my moo cat blimp jumping all over us and biting our heads to get up and feed her (I don't but silly OH does).

Work day today; it's not as cold as promised but still nippier than it has been. Late night tonight as D has drama at school until 7.30pm so I'll go and grab a pilates class in the interim.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #9

Yola, lucky you seeing Gary Numan, i realy like him.
How can i tell if the woodworm is active or not ??
Karen, the dogs don't show any awareness now that there have been cats in the house.
As for me, i miss her every day and am so sorry that we can'r feasably have a cat again due to going so frequently to the van.
Sorry to hear your knee is a pain, try an epsom salt bath, do you know anyone with a TENS machine ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #10

Afternoon all! (Was just about to type "morning" and looked at the computer clock!)

Grey here and chilly. OH has mowed the lawn!!! It was growing but this coming cold spell will stop it. Hope he's not left it too late so the cold will kill it ..... what with OH and Dora it's a wonder there's any left at all.

Have pottered about doing odds this morning. Dogs have been out and should be settling to sleep but they seem restless for some reason. Kizzy is asleep under the cat fleece on our bed and Pip is out and about. I'm beginning to wonder how many sandwiches short of the picnic he really is!!!

I am about to start on the last piece of calligraphy for this term ........ and if it works it will be my first "real" piece of work. I'm just pondering whether my layout is OK .....

Have a good day peeps. Yes, Shelley burn the dryer .... get a good plastic one!