Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Sunday bright and beautiful

Morning all been up since about 7ish eventually the fireworks filtered out and Bella was able to sleep. Have a plan for Bella tonight apart form the thunder shirt I buy today etc we are starting in the bedroom.
But she is back to normal fine this morning been out and done what she needs to do. Planning a few more walks and then footie in the back garden.
So will be chatting away for a while I think.....so see you all later if anyone is here.

The weather here is nice bright and cold but nice. May pop into the front garden now I am back home.

Angie hope Dora is okay......
Shelley - what are your plans for today?
Pamela - How is Barneys leg? Can you get support bandages for dogs as you can with people and horses I wonder?
P.P It was a brief visit to Wales hope the girls were okay with the fireworks and you get your DIY done. Weird I fixed the bathroom door handle yesterday morning before leaving.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #2

Re: Sunday bright and beautiful

Morning Kazz - I couldn't believe you had such bad luck with the cottage, poor Bella, after all your effort to get her out of harm's way. I hope all the plans you now put into action go well and she can be kept calm. I am dreading Tuesday as our local pub is having a big bonfire party. Monty gets scared and we have no idea how Dora will react. So far, she doesn't seem to care about thunder etc.

Thanks all for your good wishes for Dora - so far, so good. She seems fine in herself, her gums have stayed a good colour (haven't checked them yet this morning) and she has not shown any lethargy. We are still giving her the charcoal.

Bright and chilly here - it's agility day and I think we will take Dora for her training and see how she goes. At least it's not far away. We missed a great dog show yesterday evidently.

Pamela - sorry, I'm catching the end of this .... what's wrong with Barney's leg???

Shelley, I wonder if you are coming home today??? If so, have a safe journey.

PP - hope your girls continue to take things calmly and that you managed to sort out your DIY.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #3

mornings kazz and angie.

Kazz, I hope the thunder shirt works gor Bella.
Angie, glad to hear Dora is doing well so far.

its a beautiful day here. fresh and cold but nice. OH tooj barney out this morning and his leg has been ok today. We think its going to be something that is going to playbup every so often. Its a lazy day here for us and the pets today. everyone is snoozing so I thinkmi may go and join them all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #4

Good morning all, thankfully it's dry this morning. The fireworks didn't take off so the girls didn't hear a thing they seemed very calm, Pandora slept and Pearla sat in the window. I think Pearla was a bit disappointed there was nothing to watch, a very dark and damp night saw to that.

Took the opportunity to sweep up the fallen leaves, a soggy task but necessary, don't want any slips and falls on the wet mulch.

As for my DIY, thank goodness for dad and his drill what should have been a 10 minute job took an hour! I really haven't a clue when it comes to this kind of thing

Kazz, I hope the thundershirt helps Bella. First time I've heard of such things so let us know how you get on.
Angie I must have missed the bit about Dora and charcoal, why does she need this?
Pamela Is Barney on meds for his knee, my Bronnie used to take Metacam, but that was for arthritis, don't know if that's appropriate.
Welcome home Shelley hope you didn't get storm-washed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #5

we took him to the vet last month because he wouldn't put weight on it that night or the next morning. They said it was probably a nail bed infection. When we have him out, he can start limping but 5mins later and he is fine. Seems to come and go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

Afternoon all,we are at the van until tuesday,i love this life.went to the Local again last night,going to have Christmas up here and they may be putting Christmas dinner on if they get enough interest.They are also having a New years eve do,hopefuly with a Piper.
Been to a little tabletop sale in the pub today and a few beach walks.May visit a woodla.d later.
Karen,are you still in Wales ? Will be intetested to hear How the shirt works.
Pamela,glad Barneys leg is ok Malaika still has interdigital cysts.
Angie,glad Dora is ok.
Nettie,glad the cats were ok last night hope it continues.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #7

No longer in Wales Shelley.

Thundershirt brought and also this http://www.petsathome.com/shop/homeo...-animals-26856

Hope it has a little effect but first 10 drops administered about 1.30pm it is quite a nice day here apart from odd showers so I think we will have fireworks tonight too. I am looking at like this yesterday tonight tomorrow and then Tuesday.
Well that's it really see how we go. Nothing I can stop just starting to get a handle on her and by next year will be sorted, so I can help her cope easier I hope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #8

PP - whole story re Dora here: http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=42839

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #9

Right thunder coat is being worn she is asleep mind you she was asleep before I put it on and had to wake her up to fit it.
Just been for our last outside walk and all home now roast pork cooked and resting and about 10 minutes to dinner roast pots, cauli, beans, mashed spuds, gravy, cheese sauce, stuffing.

Yummy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #10

Here's hoping the shirt etc helps.took ours for some offlead beach excercise,they had a good run until Kwame became obsessed with chasing flying oyster catchers.the danger was he would run near the road and then see something else to chase.