Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #1

Finally Friday!

Hi all! A late Daily again. Clouded over here, the cold front has come thru and the temps are dropping; it's about 10:30 A M and down to 6℃ (43℉) and falling. 20% of light, non-sticking snow tonight; ground is still too warm for it to be a bother: what they call a nuisance snow. Down for mail and grass, just a lazy day planned; deciding what's for dinner: thinking Chinese: maybe large wonton soup and spring rolls with wasabi ...?? Whatever. Leia,s fine and having the post-breakfast nap ... a hard life being a cat..

Hope all are well and enjoying the day, whatever your plans!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #2

Re: Finally Friday!

Hi Eileen...

Quiet day here too - though I've finally made a start on the cowp that is my flat...

Cloud napping, and I'm now playing on and off online...

Enjoy the Chinese. I had some chicken soup (tinned!) for lunch, and am thinking fish in butter sauce (boil in a bag) plus chips and veg for tea...

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

hello Eileen, Katy and all to follow.
Hope you both enjoy your meals, mine will be cheese and onion pie and chips i think.
Been to work today, went to watch the nursery do their nativity play and got roped in to going on stage as they were short staffed :O
Snowy weather here today.
Off to Scotland early tomorrow morning so i'm afraid i will be offline untill 23rd, will miss you all and hearing your news.

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #4

We'll miss you too, Shelley! Don't get snowed in up there, please! We want you back safe and sound in the New Year when the Quiz will resume! I really missed it Wednesday... (i know, get a life! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #5

Evening all! Have a safe trip to Scotland Shelley - we'll look forward to your return.

OH and I are both not sleeping very well just now and as a result as soon as the alarm goes off at 7.00, we both go back to sleep and were late up as a consequence. OH took Monty for his walk, I had to pick up a prescription from the chemist, get some bread and bought a wreath for the door and posted the Christmas cards.

There was a shoot on in the vicinity of where OH took Monty for his walk and a group of pheasants had taken refuge before being flushed out and chased by Master Bogle. OH said he was about a quarter of a mile away over the fields, but he did come back to his master. Perhaps we ought to train him up as a beater?

This afternoon I have had a tea-time jolly at Stansted Park tea room with the two ladies I work for. We had their Christmas special tea which was lovely .... I am now full and wondering if I have any room for scampi and chips in a couple of hours time!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #6

Hey Angie... That going to sleep as soon as the alarm is turned off thing seems Very familiar to me. And the tea sounds lovely - hope you have enough room for food later as that sounds nice too!

Shelley - have a good journey, and enjoy your time in Scotland.

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #7

These are oreos, Angie: chocolate with a sugary frosting in between ... yummy!

/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTrsfY7Y41CXUbEXc17h2yhcszD5rsF GApUnxP0vu_bDvb4deSfQ[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #8

thanks Eileen, Angie and Katy, i too missed the quiz on wednesday Eileen, it's a very enjoyable evening.
Angie your afternoon tea sounded lovely

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #9

evening everyone, cold here tonight and it was white with snow when i woke up at 430am today and couldnt get back to sleep. Not long in from work and had a bit of a hairy experience enroute home as a baby deer ran out in front of me tonight from teh park beside us. Luckily i was going slow as the roads are slippy and avoided hitting him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #10

Evening all

Just got back from a lovely meal out with friends. Old fashioned pub and fireplaces buring too. Came out to a nice crisp frost.
Planning on putting the Christmas tree up tomorrow....