Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #1

Snowshoe Sunday

Hi all, whereever you are?! Another late Daily; hope your weather is as lovely as it is here. We're still in the belated and welcome warm spell: nearing 10:45 am and 20℃ (67 F), not a cloud in the sky, and predicted to make 30 ℃ by afternoon. I may go up to the roof deck to enjoy it while it lasts. No news, all's quiet here.

Hope all are well ....???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Snowshoe Sunday

All quiet here too Eileen. Weather? Better than yesterday anyway. Cloud started off as defined, rather than a mist like grey, and has now gone to patchy cloud and blue sky. Little breezy out. Probably not terribly warm!

Cloud and I having another 'in the house' day today.

Hope all goes well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #3

hi Eileen and Squirrel

Eileen, glad to hear that you have nice weather enjoy the roof deck
Squirrel enjoy your in the house day xx

We arent long back from Blackpool, had an amazing time, even the rain managed to stay off until when we were getting ready to head back to the hotel. Got spoiled rotten which was great

Just home, sitting in the PJ's relaxing with the monsters for the evening.

Hope you all have a nice evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #4

Evening Eileen, Squirrel, Pamela. Glad you had a great time in Blackpool Pamela and were spoilt for your special day.

Weather here has been a bit warmer than yesterday and not bad - dry at least. OH had a bit of a fright this morning when he took Monty for his walk to the usual place - Monty got himself lost for the first time and obviously had to try very hard to find his master again. OH said Monty was tuckered out when he eventually did find him. Hope that's scared him enough not to run off again.

We also had a very funny scene in the lounge this afternoon. I was relaxing in front of the TV watching Mary Poppins with Kizzy on my lap and Monty tried jumping up too. Kizzy did a four footed vertical jump into the air and shot off at a rate of knots. Poor girl - I've just been reading Alex's post about her cats and how they are coping with Ranger.

Sausages for supper. Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.

It's Columbus Day tomorrow in USA, so you have a holiday - is that right Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

09-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #5

Right you are, Angie, the Columbus Day holiday; long weekend for those still working, and glorious weather too. Poor Kizzy! I shouldn't laugh but can just visualize it......

Rnjoy the sausages: trout here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #6

Had a peaceful quiet Sunday here. Got the you-know-what cake into the oven mid afternoon, it's had 4 hours now, I've just checked and it's not quite ready so I'll have another look in half an hour.

Daughter and her partner came to read the Sunday papers and catch up on any news, they bring cake so they're always welcome although OH gets the hump a bit as we do the cryptic crosswords from the weekend papers and he just doesn't "get" cryptic ones I tell him it's because he lacks the right sort of intelligence

Catsey Veteran

09-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #7

MrsH, I cannot do your British style crosswords at all. I take BBC knowledge magazine, and just despair of understanding the clues. Ours are different, the definitions can be tricky and some allusions obscure, but they're do-able. It's all what you're used to, I suppose ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #8

I agree with you Eileen, I'm good at the cryptic ones in some of the daily papers but not others, you get used to the way the particular compilers work too and it takes a while to pick up on all their trigger words that indicate that you're looking at an anagram or a homophone etc. I started doing the ones in the Daily Telegraph when I was at university after a helpful older student showed me how and I'm still learning more than 40 years later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #9

I cannot understand cross words and similar games in the least... I do try them occasionally, but...

Poor Kizzy.

Cloud has recently taken to using me as a spring board - a rather unusual experience I've decided...

Catsey Veteran

09-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
I cannot understand cross words and similar games in the least... I do try them occasionally, but...

Poor Kizzy.

Cloud has recently taken to using me as a spring board - a rather unusual experience I've decided...
Their hind legs are incredibly strong when they push off you!! I imagine it's sort of like being kicked by a mule ... a small mule....