Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #1

Flake Friday

Well people good morning well afternoon now .....see covering my options there as which greeting is right depends on if I get this typed in time.

Anyhow done with nights now till Monday, got home at just after 7am put washing in the machine and went straight out with Sal for about 40 minutes, came back hung the washing out, put another load in, then went to the gym (bike, rower thingy, skiing thingy and a few weights) then swimming did 6 lengths. (Its adults only swimming between 7-9am) then popped into both the CoOp and Sainsburys did some shopping then into the bank and building society paid some bills, put the rest of the washing out, and then stripped the wallpaper from one wall of the living room in preperation for decorating, now on here starting the daily. Then sleep till about 5 then up dog walk, dinner and shower bed. Well thats the plan.

My choice of chocolate is the Cadburys Flake........I like flakes and the added benefit is you get them with ice cream too. A 99.

Anyhow hope you have all been keeping well, Angie glad to see Monty did well at the training class. Eileen hope Chris finds some relief. Mrs H hope you feel a lot better now post Op. Elaine hope Bernie is good.

If I have forgotten anyone or anything major then I apologise and blame .............lack of sleep.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #2

Re: Flake Friday

I'm feeling really good thanks Kazz

I've been spending quite a bit of time researching breadmakers, my old cheapo one just doesn't do a good job anymore (if in fact it ever did!) so I'm going to spend some money and get the new Panasonic one, just popping out in a bit, go to Curry's and have a look, see if I like it then we can have hassle-free home-made bread again. I know, I could just knead it myself but be honest the kneading is a bit painful with my arthritic fingers.

It hasn't rained here today yet, how strange

(messy things Cadbury's Flakes, but sexy ads! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, I've been a sleepy head too, but my excuse is illness Seemed to have picked up a stomach bug somewhere and yesterday it got worse and worse. I had to cancel my evening out with friends, couldn't face a meal ! Not like me that

I'm staying in all day resting, no swim or gym. Go back to it after the w/e.

See you later xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #4

afternoon catsey people, Karen you've worn me out just reading what you've been doing
PP, so sorry you had to miss your meal, hope you're feeling better soon.
MrsH, hope you get your breadmaker, there's nothing like the smell of bread baking.
Well i've finished work for the summer now, yipee !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #5

Afternoon all! So sorry you're feeling poorly PP, hope your tum clears up quickly, shame you missed your meal out.

Kazz, I am also breathless reading what you've done today and hope that you are sound asleep now! Must put your body clock out working at night - I have never had to do it, although I did used to do an early evening shift at one job.

MrsH - yes, I hope you get the breadmaker you want. Spooky because I have an old model Panasonic that is baking a loaf as I read your post! Doesn't get the use that it should do, but has been used more recently.

It has been a glorious morning weather wise, but has clouded over now and the temperature has dropped which means rains on its way. Of course, OH is out playing golf. I have a wool jumper on and am just about to go and put a fleece over the top. I was in a T-shirt this morning.

My gardening man has started taking out the old dogwoods to replace with new ones and I have a few more new plants to go it when that part of the border is ready. Hopefully will finish off next week.

Glad you've "broken up" Shelley! Have you got loads of off-work plans?

Have a great day all.

Edit to say: Yes, I love Flakes ..... and remember those adverts too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #6

Hi all! The heat wave is here: sunny and already 33 C (91 F) at a bit before 10:30 am; going to be a scorcher. A bit of a cool down by next week. All quiet here as usual, the most exciting thing I'll probably be doing is washing my hair and drying it in the sun up on the lovely roof deck.

Kazz, where DO you get all that energy? PP< so sorry you're poorly and missed dinner. MrsH, a pity you can't knead dough comfortably, I always found it helped me work out my frustrations with my awful bosses ... slam it down and think evil thoughts! Angie, why are you replacing dogwoods with more dogwoods? Shelley, any "freedom" plans?

Hope it's a good day for all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #7

Good question about the dogwoods Eileen! At the beginning, I had 6 dogwoods, three a rather nice lime green in the winter and the other three red. The red ones didn't do well and all gave up in the end, which left the green ones which seemed quite vigorous and one particularly almost took over the whole bed. I have now gone for Midwinter Fire, which is a wonderful reddy-orangey glowing colour over winter, just what is needed to brighten up the long cold days.

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #8

my holiday plans include spending two maybe three weeks up in Scotland at our caravan. The only problem is i wont be able to get online as the site is too remote and has no wifi.
Other plans include catching up
Eileen, has Chris had his extractions yet ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #9

It was at 10:30 this morning, I've e-mailed him but no response yet, I suspect he may have had a glass of wine and gone to bed. Thanks all for the good vibes, I do believe they help!

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
It was at 10:30 this morning, I've e-mailed him but no response yet, I suspect he may have had a glass of wine and gone to bed. Thanks all for the good vibes, I do believe they help!
I hope he has a speedy recovery, poor chap. Anything to do with teeth scares me