Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1

Friday- coconut pina colada

Ice cream choices now going into the exotic!

Going to be a settled warmish weekend here, nice for Wimbledon & the sports days at schools etc. Tom's last day at his primary school's sports day has clashed with his Outward Bounds adventure weekend in Pembrey Sands, near Tenby. He was sorry to miss it as he is House Captain, however the chance of going canoeing and coasteering won out over egg and spoon and sack races

No plans made for us this weekend, will probably stay home and catch the tennis finals at some point.

Good Luck with the house move Eileen, see you on the 'puter in a while x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Friday- coconut pina colada

Hi all...

Sorry for the absence. Just been doing away - and a mix of not knowing what to say, and internet running away with itself this month has been an issue.

Thoughts with everyone - have a good Friday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #3

Hope all goes well for Eileen on her moving day and that she's soon settled in and back online!

Had my pre-op assessment at the hospital this morning, all went well so it's a green light and bye-bye gallstones on Monday

They won't let me bring my stones home to show everyone though, apparently it's "unhygienic and we don't do that anymore!" shame! Have to go to the manicurist this afternoon and get my nail gel removed as I have to have naked nails for the op

Hope today's good to everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #4

Hi everyone! I have never had a coconut pina colada ice-cream ever, but I would give it a go given half the chance! PP - have you ever made your own ice-cream? It sounds too tempting for me I'm afraid, but I hear that it's wonderful!!!

Thoughts with Eileen today ..... I hope her move goes as well as possible. It will be a huge wrench for her leaving her home of so very many years, I think that she is a very brave woman with loads of common sense. Good Luck Eileen!

I am waiting in for yet another delivery, this time from DHL - evidently they came out yesterday but couldn't find the address so gave up. It's not like we haven't had a delivery from them before, but if anyone goes by satnav instructions, they would be taken off down the wrong turning - I'm afraid my poor cats will be hungry as it's their food I'm waiting for. I've sent DHL an email, but there is no phone number to phone up and have a moan, I wonder why?

Again I have had to miss walkies with Monty. He is definitely entering his adolescence and is getting naughtier by the day, he will not do anything he doesn't want to do and is more barky than ever and nipping at our feet/heels like a maniac. I am seriously considering getting him a muzzle but that doesn't encourage self control .... ah well, another chat with the trainer next Wednesday if we can get to her before all the others .... at least with training class we get to hear that other owners have problems with their dogs too, so we know we are not alone.

Glad that your pre-assessment went well MrsH - did you ask about the terminology? Shame about the nails, but you'll have to splash out on extra-snazzy when you are finished with those gall stones. Just think, you may even be able to have an ice-cream, even coconut pina colada

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #5

Seems very strange to come on here just after tea time and not find posts from Eileen ..... I am hoping all is going well for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #6

evening everyone, thoughts ar def with eileen today and hope moving day goes well for her and leia.

Ive never tried coconut pina colada ice cream either!!!
Nice to see you back squirrel,
Angie, hope the cat food arrives soon

I had my first shot on live calls today and it was a really scary experience. was really nervous about it and felt as if i wanted to cry at 1 point!!! But got myself up again and had another shot this afternoon which went a bit better.

OH is watching tennis at teh mo so im going to get organised and head to teh gym for a bit

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #7

Hi all, hope Eileen and Leia's move is going well!

Pamela, well done! It sounds scary but you did it.

Hope the cats have their food now Angie? Mrs H what are nail gels?

I have had a day off and am exhausted but the garden and allotment look a lot better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #8

@ cats' staff - gel nails are a very strong form of nail varnish verging on false nails I suppose you could say. (Google "Biosculpture Gel Nails")

Each layer is cured under UV light and they don't chip at all, they armour-plate my rather weak, ridged nails which are very prone to splitting and I can have long, strong nails again. The drawback is that as they're expensive, you don't want to get them done too often (I have mine done every 3 weeks usually) and that means that you can see the new growth at the base, but provided nobody gets too close that's ok
and occasionally the gel can start to lift a bit at the edges.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

hey all, another lovely day here, another hot day where my boss decides she is 'cold'?? so puts the heating on, phewww!

hoping eileen is getting on alright, it must be hard to wal away from her house and lots of memories.

mrs H, i was allowed my gallstones home? they are tiny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #10

Thanks Mrs H. Sounds good but given the amount of gardening I do I am lucky to get my nails clean let alone manicured! Seems a shame you have to have them removed though- they are hardly close to your gall bladder!