Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #1

The Camilles

Please see http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=39300

Some of us have thought that it would be a worthy additon to the Catsey Calendar to have a feline version of "Oscars" - awarded annually in June to cats who show rare acting talent. The inaugural award in the "Starving Cat" category has gone to cats' staffs protegee, Smudge who has inspired these awards.

"Smudge does the poor, starving kitty too weak with hunger to make a noise routine! For added emphasis she will flop onto her side whilst mouthing 'meouw'. As well as her other nicknames she is sometimes referred to as 'Camille' or this is referred to as Smudge doing her Camille. She definitely channels Greta Garbo some days!"

We need however to develop categories and so far we have one additional category suggested:-

"We need a category for the cat who can look at you with a butter wouldn't melt expression standing by the empty canary cage with a yellow feather in his whiskers..." (dandysmom)

"I think that whould be called a 'hoomey?'" (cats' staff)

Any suggestions for further categories welcome!!! or nominations for the Hoomey category.

If there is enough support for the Awards, I would suggest that descriptions are posted by proposers and voted on by Catsey members.

Comments welcome

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Re: The Camilles

Super-duper idea!

A category for a cat who's acting very very angry ... I'd call it the Mike Tyson award, but as he's a fierce prizefighter here (bit off an opponent's ear once!) I doubt if his name would mean anything on your side of the Pond .... so someone come up with a fierce fellow, please!

Catsey Veteran

16-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #3

Oh, I think Mike Tyson is well known enough over here too .... A Tyson sounds like a very worthwhile category.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
17-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #4

Tiger does a "Tyson" if a strange cat comes into the garden, he has acted on it in the past and dragged the intruder off the garden wall. Nowadays he's more handbags at dawn, which I'd be more inclined to call Priscilla ( as in queen od the desert )

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #5

Oh I like that Pauline! Perhaps we could have a Tyson and a Priscilla category.

I've also thought how some cats do comedy really well and suggest a category for comic turns (which could include being just "goofy") and call it the Charlie - for Charlie Chaplin. I think Pip may be nominated in this category, but I need to think about it first!

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #6

Brilliant: Priscilla, Tyson and Charlie, love 'em!

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #7

Netty's post about Oliver and letting his wee mouse run around - now surely that sort of thing deserves a category of it's own? Mousecapoloist?

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

Erm, Oliver wasn't a very good hunter as the mouse got away ... just a suggestion The Elmer? For Elmer Fudd who always ended up empty-handed.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #9

Ooh yes, an 'Elmer'

How about the 'Brave Sir Roger' for the most cowardly cat- after the 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' song 'Brave Sir Roger ran away'

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #10

I like that, CS! And for the really excellent hunter, a bit of a cliche, but the Nimrod, unless someone comes up with a cleverer one.