Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #1

Trying Tuesday

Well its Tuesday and the weather is trying to be bright.

Supposed to be bright and warm but no one has told the Birmingham area about that clouds seem to have other ideas.

A bit of an update;
Mom is getting the hang of talking again.......SADLY...... ....back to hospital for a check up this afternoon.
Dad's leg has gone down but he is really unsteady now on his legs and has fallen twice in a couple of days he says his knee is giving way...the other one than is swollen he seems a little "distant" he told my sister last week he thinks he will not recover from this.... .....For Lords sake it is just a swollen leg/foot. ....and he is back to eating like a horse with just enough time inbetween snacks to have a meal.

Anyhow just running around this morning, and getting no where, as I say hospital this afternoon and having homemade chicken curry for dinner tonight - well thats the plan. Have put up some trellis for the roses this morning, and swept the back yard. Thinking of cleaning the windows tomorrow frames and all upstairs and downstairs.......the jobs I find myself.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #2

Re: Trying Tuesday

Hi Karen,
i'm so pleased your mum is improving
Are they still investigating your dad then ? Probably the fact that he's fallen twice has knocked him for six and he's probably feeling very down about it at the moment, poor chap. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon for him.
Eileen, i do hope you get the appartment you want, it sounds like you will.
Off to work soon, back later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #3

Hi Kazz and Shelley and those to come.

Sorry to rub it in, but it's a gloriously sunny warm day here atm. OH and I took Monty into Emsworth this morning but it was too much for him and OH took him back to the car and left me to do the shopping! I will put put a thread in Other Pets as we have a problem and are getting contradicting advice.

I did manage to get my French beans in yesterday and have planted the Mangetout (well sugar snap peas!) this morning. Just got to put a net over the peas and wait! Got piggy twee sticks ready when they sprout.

Have some more transcription work this afternoon, but not a lot and then OH and I are going to take Monty up to Stoughton woods where we can let him off the lead for a run about. Much less stressful for all.

Hope your Dad perks up a bit Karen - it does sound as if this whatever it is has knocked him for six, having falls is terribly bad for self confidence. Glad to hear your Mom is talking again. (((HUGS))) all round I think.

Eileen - can you ask they hurry up the decision about your apartment? It is getting quite difficult walking around with crossed toes!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #4

Hi Angie , Shelley & Kazz- and all

Glad the parents' health is improving Kazz, your dad's appetite is good and your mom speaking again- think of it as a blessing
I share your good weather Angie, hope that my herbs will thrive now I've risked them out to the raised beds. Lost my chilli plant and basil died too

Getting all excited about seeing Take That tomorrow in Cardiff....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #5

Hi all...

another day at work. Quite glad it's over tbh. Nice and sunny too, so nice to relax a bit as well.

Bedtime yet???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #6

Hi all! !he good news first, I'M IN!! Will do a thread. Still unseasonably cool, cloudy, may rain. Was 64 F earlier before I left for the complex this morning (forgotten the C).Got home just in time for lunch sand spent until now wrapping and packing.

Kazz, good news about your Mum; sorry Dad is poorly still, but at least he's eating, I always think that's a good sign. And you found some chores! Angie, hope Monty's walk in the woods was good. PP, you could restart the basil and chilis from seed again, a bit late but not too late.

Got back so late yesterday I never got to tell Pamela I was glad the first day of work went well. MrsH, Amazon has loads of free and 99 cent offers; I've downloaded dozens of good reads for my Kindle. Free and cheap are always good!

Enjoy what's left of the day, sorry to be so late....

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #7

WOW! What a relief for you Eileen .... I am really pleased for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #8

Hi all,
Kazz- you have your hands full by the sound of it! We also had nice weather so I wateredthe beans and courgettes over the road in the allotmet. I'm developing muscles carrying watering cans around. 10l of water weighs a suprising amount.
I also lost a basil plant and I don't think the spinach is going to make it but the chilli plant on the window ledge has chillies turning red!
Hope you aren't too tired Squirrel? Eileen, I also have various limbs crossed both for you and a friend who has a job interview tomorrow. Between the pair of you I am quite contorted so good news must come soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #9

Fantastic News. That's cheered me up Eileen.

CS... Still with things tiring me out ridiculously easily. And for some reason, I go to bed and mind wakes up. Bah!!! Tried to phone the dr about results for last weeks blood test today (I was supposed to get a call when they got back, but that was supposed to be in 3 days...). I'm guessing that means they came back as 'normal' which means following up with another appointment to check out other possibilities... Bleh.

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #10

I had a few home grown raspberries with a bit of vanilla ice cream after supper. My new canes have not done well and two have definitely died and a couple look sad. As they were planted last Autumn they had that horrid winter to contend with, so no surprise really. I doubt if I will get another picking, so it will be down the pick your own if we are to have any raspberry vodka this year.