Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #1

Saturday, showers n sun!

G'morning, a bit of both today. A lovely start here, sunny and bright but there's a cold nip in the air.
Going to make the most of it because tomorrow its tip down day!

Meeting up with friends in Porthcawl later for a BBQ, well fingers x'd Ceri will have the chance to chat to old college mates, 40 years since they were all in Caerleon College of Education back in the late sixties. Lots of nostalgia will be going on,

Will pop into Tesco on the way to buy my contribution, I'll get some desserts. New York cheesecake and Key lime pie anyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #2

Re: Saturday, showers n sun!

Hi PP! Morning here is bright and yes, a bit chilly. When will we get a warm night? We too are forecast downpour Sunday. Doesn't look as if I will be going to the Garden Show at Stansted this year (on this w/end) as I have urgent work today and I'm not going to walk around a show in the pouring rain. Can't swop the days just in case I also need tomorrow to finish off my work, as it is tricky and I don't really know what I'm doing until I do it, if that makes any sense.

Monty is full of beans this morning, so OH will be taking him out for a longish walk (for a puppy).

Hope BBQ goes well and that Ceri enjoys meeting up with his old mates. Never had Key lime pie!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #3

Hey PP and Angie. Enjoy the BBQ PP, and hope that the work goes well Angie, and that Monty is calmed down by the walk.

Took me a wee while to drop off to sleep last night - and therefore only woke up about half hour ago. Cloud is now scranning down her breakfast. She's such a good wee girl about not disturbing me when I'm sleeping!!! Mind, she also left it for a little while.

Wee bitty overcast and rainy here right now. Mind better than the reports of hail and even snow yest - I saw two of them, one on here, and one on another site from a friend in Ed... And That wasn't forecast as the temps weren't supposed to go below 10!!!

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #4

hi poshpuss, angie and squirrel.

Hope you enjoyyour bbq poshpuss, hope the weather holds.
Angie, hopefully the walk will tire monty out a bit!!!
squirrel, glad cloud let you sleep

Ive had a busy day. Had to go up to the bank to pick up my new bankcard. Then had to go to train station to get a travel ticket organised for Monday. also got guests coming for dinner tonight so had to go shopping to get my ingredients for 3 course dinner!! Came home and cleaned the house from top to bottom as well as spending some time with the monsters!!!
Hope you all have a nice saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #5

Hi people! Clouded over and not as warm: 26 C (77 F); very good (or bad!) change of t'storms this afternoon. Saw my pulmonolohist yesterday, and:

Excellent oxygen news! I can dispense with the Advair; can go off the oxygen during the day for longer and longer periods as long as I have no shortness of breath (off the record, I have been off it for short periods, up to a half hour). She wants me to stay on it over night, however. It'll feel so great not to have all that tubimg trailing along behind me! I have a prescription for an O2 saturation monitor for home use' as long as it it at 88 or above I am fine. Very happy news that I'm glad to share. Chris was over yesterday, and will be back after lunch; we're still sorting and wrapping glassware. I didn't realize I'd collected so much over the years....

Pamela, what's the menu for the three course dinner? Cloud was a good little girl, Squirrel; hope the BBQ is fun., PP. Angie, sorry you have to miss the garden show.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #6

What fantastic news Eileen. So pleased to hear it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #7

thats great news eileen!!!!

starters is black pudding with cheese melted over it served with 3 fingers of grilled halloumi cheese
main course is home made lasange served with salad and garlic bread
dessert is flower shaped shortbreak with chocolate ice cream sandwiched between 2 pieces then dipped into melted chocolate until its half covered then put in the freezer to set, served with a side of strawberries and whipped cream, all home prepared

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
11-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #8

Make an extra table setting pamela, I'm on the next train!!

Finished work for the day, just sitting in tonight!!

Eileen thats great news

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #9

Fortunate guests, Pamela, sounds like a lovely meal ... especially that dessert~! (Wipes drool from keynbard ...)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #10

evening all, late check in today.
Been busy with Dogs.
Kwame graduated from puppy class today, Malaika went to her Gold class and in between i drove over to my cousins to check on her elderly dog as her daughter was getting married.
Found some 60's Sindy dolls at the carboot this morning.
Eileen, fantastic news, i'm so pleased for you.
PP, hope the reunion went well, i'l have a slice of Key Lime please.
Pamela your 3 course meal sounds lovely
Kate, your right, Cloud is a good girl for not disturbing you, she could do to have a word with our Jerry
Lynz, hope you enjoy your evening.