Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

Summery Saturday

The long holiday weekend is starting off beautifully: 23 C ((73 F), sun and a nice breeze! Memorial Day's the unofficial kick-off to Summer. going to be lovely at the Atlantic beaches also, even if the water temps are still quite chilly. T'storms paassed North of us last evening, all's well here. No news, just planning a lazy afternoon with the paper and crossword.

Hope all are well ... late for a Daily!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
28-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #2

Re: Summery Saturday

Good afternoon Eileen and everyone else.
Sounds lovely where you are....its overcast cold and threatening rain here!! I am off into Liverpool town tonight with an old friend (and some others) who has got an all clear on her cancer results so we will be celebrating good.
I also got an essay back today and I'm over the moon with the result so I will be doubly celebrating

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

Hello!
We have had such odd weather this week. Overcast and rainy then early into the evening the sun will come out with a cold breeze and stays out until quite late and then cold nights. It really cannot make up its mind. Sunshine from 5pm-9pm only the last few nights while dreary the rest of the time, don't know what to make of it!
Yesterday we went on shopping trip and it was miserably pouring, I got drenched. Then we went home and I unpacked groceries and went outside to dry out in the sun that showed up in that short time, lol.
We'll just be avoiding the crowds this weekend and spending it at home.
Hope all are well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #4

hey everyone, glad you got good results in your essay babycakes. Tink, not soo good about teh weather.

Its not bad here. Went up Wallace Monument today which was good Home though and not feeling well so quiet night on the couch for me tonight as im working tomorrow and theres a big promo on footwear

Enjoy your saturday night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #5

Hi all, late check in from me. I have had a mixed day - went out this morning with OH and Monty up to Stoughton woods and we let Monty off the lead for a good while. He comes back when called, but we are very aware that's because there were no other distractions around. So that was good, although the weather was cold. I had a winter jacket on and could have done with a hat. It's been cold and overcast all day but no rain has fallen to compensate.

After we got home, I got quite achy - and had to take some paracetamol and I'm off to my bed shortly with a hot drink and a book. We had a typical winter supper of liver and onions and mash with gravy so at least I am feeling warm inside.

Glad your weather is good Eileen - you deserve a nice warm long weekend. Hope everyone else has a good time too, stick your tongue out if you don't have good weather and say blaaaaaaaaaaa!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #6

Babycakes, say hi to your friend who got the good news about her cancer, from me, who did too! And well done on the essay. Angie, it was not good weather to be out walking with that cold of yours; hope you're better in the morning. Hope you feel better tomorrow too, Pamela; Definitely weird weather, Tink! Have a good Memorial weekend if you can ... hope it warms up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #7

Well done on the essay Babycakes. Angie- I do hope you feel better soon. Coldish evening here and we are being visited by 2 badgers now! Busy day family visiting. FIL hasn't been too well so we popped over to Brum to see him. The A14 and M6 do not make for relaxing driving!