Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #1

Wet and wild Monday

Morning everyone.

As the title says, it's wet and wild here!!! Really strong winds. Glad im staying in today!!!! Waiting for the man from virgin media to come and have a look at our box as its not working properly.

Might venture to asda though and get some proper butter for baking and make some cakes. Love the smell of baking in teh house

Hpe you all have a great day and manage to stay dry xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: Wet and wild Monday

Hi pamela - very windy here too, but dry at the moment. OH is off playing golf in a wee while, I am hoping he makes it home without being blown out to sea (it's a links course).

Monty, OH and I have booked to go to a puppy class on Wednesday ....... MAY be late for the quiz, but not sure yet how long the class will last. As it's the first one we may have to stay to talk about whether to continue with the puppy class or go for the Junior ........ find out Wednesday.

Monty is 3 months old today .... I shall post some photos in a different thread.

Have a good day peeps - probably a good idea to batten down the hatches if you haven't already done so. Rough weather heading south.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #3

afternoon Angie, Pamela and all to follow.
Please can you send me a cake Pamela ?
Great that you've booked some puppy classes Angie, hope you enjoy them.
Wet , wild and windy here now but we cheated the weather this morning and had a nice time in the park with the dogs, Malaika met her friend Leroy and introduced him to Kwame
We went to pets@home afterwards to buy provisions. Going to start giving Kwame plaqueoff now he's got a lot of second teeth.
Jerry is wanting to sleep with us on the bed now but he seems happy enough generaly. Must get to grips with grooming him, he's got some nasty felty patches.
Back later

Catsey Veteran

23-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
afternoon Angie, Pamela and all to follow.
Please can you send me a cake Pamela ?
Heading out to kelvingrove art gallery with steven instead, sorry shelley, he has a call out there and i keep telling how good the gallery is so has decided to make the most of being in that area, just waiting for him to come and get me.

Thats great about the puppy classes angie
Hope you both enjoy. Also lookingforward to seeing the new pics of monty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #5

Morning all well afternoon now, its my day off so taking it easy.

I have been decorating .....looked at the lintle over the back kitchen window and decided to remove the paper over it and have now have to replaster and then may now tile over the lintle. Got fed up with painting it.

So got to get tiles and adhesive tomorrow, I keep finding work thats why I never seem to finish decorating starting means everything else need doing.

I have also recoated the cladding by the back door it looks great now gone for
the colour of Barley Twist....like a light cream colour. I was going for a matt finish but with Sal touching the wall on her way out I am getting a dog height mark on the wall so had totakle back the matt and swopped it for soft sheen - which is wipeable for the top coat. I have also decided to do the kitchen ceiling in white too this morning, all 22ft x 15ft of it. Hence I am waiting for the coats to dry before going over again, a little rest.
Done the coving round the ceiling too when the next coat of soft sheen goes on the cladding (which is there because under it is a door I covered over and is blocked up cladding was easier as I could open it up at any time if needed.

I need to go shopping too so only here for a short while, its 4 hours between coats and already been and hour and half just snatched a piece of toast marmite and cup of coffee as getting the bread out first thing this morning made me realise it needed doing so instead of doing toast I went out and changed the paint and then came back and moved the fridge freezer cupboard etc etc then started painting instead of eating. And started painting.
Have taken Sal out between showers too had plans for the garden today but weather to bad even for me, may get out later. Need to do something on my day of or boredom strikes.....and I may start reading my "for holiday" paperbacks
......which would not do. I can never find anythig paperback wise when I am going away so started to stockpile them sneaky eh?

Got to get appointment at the building society too to get the executors account set up for my late Unlcles estate, but my one cousin his Dad is ill and has been unable to do much so I have made enquirres just have to find a date we can all three do....have to ring them.

Anyhow a wet and windy day here. Have just made a hairdressers appointment for Wednesday. And then remembered I am going out with friends for a meal on Wednesday....been about 2 months since I last saw Chris, she retired from work with ill health and has been in Spain for the last 2&1/2 months at a friends villa. So nice to see her. Off out those who have confirmed are Netty, Chris (her friend with the villa Iris) Debra, Maz, Morag, SuzieQ and Steph so a nice evening. May get a few others turn up but you never know.....Chris is only expecting me and Netty or should that be Netty and I......anyhow the others will be a surprise for her she is a bit poorly. so maybe a boost. But there again listening to us babble on can be tiring..........

So my hair is 4.45 cut & colour meal is 7.30 so should be there...........no idea why I do these things. I have 7 days in a week and book two things on the same evening.

Anyhow this also means I will miss the quiz. But can't be helped Chris is going into hospital on Friday - so this is for her to take her mind of it.

Edited to say
Sorry did not mean to write so much and none of it relevant to anything either. Apart from it kinda allows you to see how my life rambles along without tracks............. Anyhow 2 hours between coats now so off for food shoping before the kids/after school rush starts at Sainsburys. Blow also just got a call asking me to do a homecheck tonight at 5pm, someone considering rehoming a Staffie I do homechecks when required....got to go see you all later.....Got to decide on dinner too may be freezer due to time constraints.Hmmmmmmmmm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #6

Hi all... Back with the wild wet windy here - though right now we appear to have some sun... hopefully things will get a bit better as later on am going to be with the guides and we're out for the evening - "dress for the weather" was the instruction we were given.

I had a great weekend away, but am suffering for it now - utterly exhausted, despite the 10 hour nap I had last night I had to have a 20 min kip about lunch time - and at that I'd only really made soup (mmmmm - about 8 batches to freeze, nice!) and done a washing, so not much to tire me out there! Hopefully I won't be too done up by the time I get back this evening.

Back to work tomorrow for me.

Hope all goes well for everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #7

Hi everyone. Off and on sun here, warmer : 22 C (71 F); threat of heavy t'storms this afternoon. Mild excitement a short while ago: Leia caught a mouse. I didn't know we had one, but she did and promptly caught it. Her "vacation" in a posh condo didn't alter her hunting skills

Kazz, just reading that made me tired; where DO you get that boundless energy? Hope you enjoyed the art gallery, Pamela; Angie, we could start the quiz a bit later, say 8:30?? Shelley, glad you got the walk in before the bad weather.Home made soup, yum, Squirrel, what sort?

Enjoy the day .....

Catsey Veteran

23-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #8

Sounds like everyone has had a busy time

I didnt get to the gallery, OH was stuck on motorway for 2hours going nowhere today because of a tree that fell over a couple of cars!!!

Just caught both monsters trying to eat a bee aswell so will need to keep an eye on them as from what i saw before i got to them, they had already had a go at it and injured it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #9

must be the day for cat hunters, what with mice and bees
Karen, i thought you said you were taking it easy
Talking of paperbacks i need to get some sorted for when we go away on Sat, probs need 3, i will be taking the ones from you Karen, i've been saving them.
Kate, glad you have had an enjoyable weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #10

Wow! What a day, weatherwise. Should have been home and finnished hours ago but due to the gales there are many roads blocked because of fallen trees .
Hope every one is well, nothing really to say, sorry. xxx