Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning People.

Off to work shortly on lates today. So may not see you all till tomorrow.

Just glossed the woodwork in around the doors. Doors next, linning paper up in the kitchen. All systems go.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Goodness Kazz - all before work! Lovely day here. OH and I have been out with Monty Bogle for his first walk outside the garden! Very exciting - FW Day!!! Have some pics, but OH doesn't like them, so will try to get more later on his second walk.

Loads of transcription to do and then I have appointment at the hospital this afternoon.

Will be back later - have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #3

Afternoon. I'm impressed with al that DIY Kazz! Glad Monty's first walk went well Angie and hope all is well with the appointment this afternoon. I'm on a train heading back from meetings in London this morning, glad to escape the city! I'm tired today, I have no idea what animal was squeaking outside at 4 AM but it was bloomin' noisy !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #4

Hello all, glad you had a nice little walk with Monty this morning Angie.

I had my regular Rheumatology appt today, just touching base really as everything is going well. I noticed they had a few new chairs in the waiting room, golly but they're huge at least half as big again as the usual ones, there must be some mighty big patients coming to the clinics. These chairs made the rest of them look like doll's house furniture!

Had the usual homemade soup for lunch and I'm now catching up with things on here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

afternoon everyone, been to work this morning, most enjoyable.
Need to take the hounds out soon, could realy do to just lie down and watch TV, not sleeping too well at the moment and feel tired.
Karen, you have been busy
Angie, glad Monty's walk went well and hope your appointment goes ok
MrsH , your description of the large chairs made me smile
Back later
MrsH

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #6

Would you be kind enough to post your soup recipe in the recipe section please MrsH????

Sounds just the sort of thing that a dieter like myself would enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #7

Hi all! Persistant low still keeping everything dank, cloudy, cool and a daily threat of heavy t'storms. Some areas have gotten drenched, flash floods and hail! We've been spared in the City so far ..... we may see sun and warmth by Saturday. Presently 16 C (61 F).

Glad the walk went well, Angie, hope the appt. this afternoon does also. Kazz, your energy level never fails to astonish me! CS, hope the squeaking animal lets you get a decent sleep tonight. Shelley, sorry you feel tired: a little nap, perhaps? MrsH, yes do please post the soup recipe; I love home made soups, and especially now as I'm still pretty much on a soft food low fiber diet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Would you be kind enough to post your soup recipe in the recipe section please MrsH????

Sounds just the sort of thing that a dieter like myself would enjoy!
It's not a recipe as such I just chop up a whole load of veggies, currently it's carrots, leeks, onions, swede, a little celery, red pepper, a couple of spuds, mushrooms, a clove or two of garlic, tinned chopped tomatoes, a sprinkle of mixed herbs or basil, fresh ground black pepper. I've also used broccoli stalk, cabbage leaves, courgettes, parsnips, sweet potato anything really, it's different every time It chuggs away for about an hour or longer if I forget on the hob with some beef or chicken stock ( I use Knorr stock pot, the jellified ones)

Then I blitz about 3/4 of it in the liquidiser till it's smooth, bung it back in the pot with the chunky bits, add some frozen peas and heat it up till the peas are done. I usually make a lot at one go, enough for us both to have 3 meals and it lives in the fridge till needed again. Sorry, I don't have specific quantities, I just guess and bung it in

Ooops, should have done this in the recipe section not going to type it all out again though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #9

I love your description of chugging soup mrsH
Had a lovely river walk, i just love to watch the dogs zooming around. There was a field of cows and Bulls on the other side of the river and they were very interested in us, being the wimp that i am, i kept a watchful eye on them although i was pretty sure they wouldn't cross the river. Was rather worried to see another dog walker in the same field as them, however once she saw them she turned back.
Had a tiny nap on the settee when i returned with Jerry, Malaika and Kwame.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #10

That soup sounds similar to one I make, my soup chez moi, which is likely to have anything in it: navy beans, split peas, tomatoes, garlic. onions, celery, shredded cabbage, lentils, barley, sweet corn, cauliflower florets if I have any fresh, black beans, small pastas (usually tiny shells) and shredded mozzarella cheese on top, all in chicken stock. You would think it might taste odd with such a medley of ingredients, but it's really quite nice if I say so as shouldn't.