Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #1

Cleanest boy in the place? Or not!

So Kaos has today endured what is quite possibly his millionth bath since I got him!

Every single time he goes in his litter tray, he proceeds to step in whatever little delight he has produced I've tried getting bigger trays, and he still insists on doing it! Think I'm just going to accept that fact that my cat is in fact a little special

Oh how I look forward to the day when he goes outside, although he'll still probably manage to walk in it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #2

Re: Cleanest boy in the place? Or not!

Ours have covered trays & Tim scrapes as if his life depended on it. I not only have to scrub & disinfectant the tray but the top as well & often tbe "object" of much burying is still lying on top of the litter

Maybe its a "boy" thing

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
02-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #3

Oh that sounds familiar too he scrapes and scrapes at the sides of the top bit, and often around the edges of the flat too.

Tarot, being a lady simply does her business and leaves.

Definitely a boy thing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #4

I agree about the boy thing! My Dandy would give a careless scrape somewhere in the general area of the deposit and hop out .... leaving it just lying there. Misty used to come after him and bury it,with what I always thought was a thoroughly disgusted look ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I agree about the boy thing! My Dandy would give a careless scrape somewhere in the general area of the deposit and hop out .... leaving it just lying there. Misty used to come after him and bury it,with what I always thought was a thoroughly disgusted look ......
I had to laugh at your description of Misty. Can just imagine it

Unfortunately Amber seems to think its the done thing to "deposit" it, so a bit of scratching - then leave it there. If nothing else i can make sure alls well in that area -

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #6

Mmmmmmm... Cloud does a lot of scraping, but especially with wood litter it remains uncovered. different types of litter cover it better or worse... And most of the time, the best her scratching does is to rip any bags I try to put in...