Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #1

Sunday 1st May

Morning all

Gorgeous day here hope it follows throughout the month,

Hope everyone is good, I am off to get my car taxed. Then pick up a few plants for the hanging baskets, and tubs.
Garden is almost complete. May give Sal a bath today too.

Go the sheets and quiltcovers on the line love the sight of washing drying on the line and the smell afterwards. (I must be getting old it never used to bother me in the slightest) Summer YES!

Hope the day finds you all as good as it does here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #2

Re: Sunday 1st May

Morning Kazz ......... how can you tax your car on a Sunday???? Do mine on T'Internet, is that what you do???

Good day here - Monty now having his nap and OH is watching the rugby. I have towels in the wash and yes, I love the smell of line dried things too (unless one of the neighbours has a bonfire).

Exciting news - my runner beans have sprouted!

Have to say last night's asparagus risotto was a triumph! Didn't follow the recipe exactly - half J.O.'s and half British Asparagus Growers recipe. Wonderful with lemon and mint - a real summer stunner. Had strawberries and cream for pud. Having the chicken salad tonight and may take a first cutting of my greenhouse salad leaves.

Enjoy your day everone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, Angie, those to follow. Cloudy and cool this morning, 15 C (58 F), light rain predicted by late afternoon. The garden could use some. No special plans: paper and crossword. Having a large dinner, broiled crab cake, fresh spinach, curried potatoes, as this will be the last food in God knows when... pre-op starving tomorrow all day, then who knows when I can eat again?? Yes. I AM food=obsessed!

I love the scent of laundry dried on the line; something I'll miss. Angie, the risotto sounds delicious. Kazz, garden pics???

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #4

Eileen, i hope you enjoy your meal
Karen , hope you have got your plants sorted, you have just reminded me, must peg out my washing, it's late because i have been looking for a hol again.
Angie, congrats on your sprouting runner beans.
Lovely sunny but windy day, went to a car boot early this morning with the dogs, then out to lunch at a local pub. We sat outside with the dogs who loved all the attention they got. We then took them for another walk by the canal.
Finaly booked a holiday for the end of May. We are going to stay in a caravan in Luce Bay, Scotland.

Catsey Veteran

01-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #5

Angie I go to the post office my local one is open Sundays.

Catsey Veteran

01-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Eileen, i hope you enjoy your meal
Karen , hope you have got your plants sorted, you have just reminded me, must peg out my washing, it's late because i have been looking for a hol again.
Angie, congrats on your sprouting runner beans.
Lovely sunny but windy day, went to a car boot early this morning with the dogs, then out to lunch at a local pub. We sat outside with the dogs who loved all the attention they got. We then took them for another walk by the canal.
Finaly booked a holiday for the end of May. We are going to stay in a caravan in Luce Bay, Scotland.
Woah that sound good Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #7

Kazz, I adore the smell of washing when it has been out on the line and I love a line of washing drying, so I must be getting old too!! lol! I do my tax online too, so easy! recently got my renewal through and disapppointed to learn that it had gone up £5

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #8

evening all! lovely day up here, OH gave the decking another coat, think it might need another. were going to go to largs with my bro and the kids but the road was closed due to an accident so we just went along ardrossan beach, the kids enjoyed throwing rocks, then grabbed a bag of chips and headed back to my bros. had fun on the trampoline then came home and had a chinese! OH is away out for a run and im eyeing up my neices easter egg which is still here!
glad you got your holiday booked shelley, hope you have a nice time!
eileen, enjoy your food today, the pre op starvation sounds horrible!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie I go to the post office my local one is open Sundays.
I'm absolutely flabberghasted! I had occasion to have a wee word with Mags about post a couple of weeks ago ...... you may think we have it soft here in the South, but no weekend post and certainly no open post offices either. Probably the main office might open on Saturday morning ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #10

Sounds like a good holiday to come, Shelley!

I think everyone on either side of the Pond wishes we had longer Post hours. We do have a Saturday delivery, no Sunday, but they are seriously discussing stopping Saturday. The local branch is closed Saturday too. When I was a girl we had two residential deliveries and three at work!! Those were the days,,,,,