Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #1

my fish tanks

baby fish tank

2.5 foot tank

4foot fish tank

I have mentioned my fish tanks a few times in posts so thought i would post a couple of pics of them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #2

Re: my fish tanks

Theyre lovely, fish are so relaxing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
28-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #3

They look lovely

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #4

wow, yours are so open, while my hubby crams loads of stuff into his . He's just got a tank off of freecycle that he wants to set up as a marine tank, though heaven knows how he's going to manage it, flaming expensive they are!

Lovely to see your tanks though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #5

They do look lovely and it's nice you can actually see the fish! Are they all in the same room?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #6

What have you got in the tanks I like fish. And keep saying I will set up my now empty tank for sailfin mollies. I like those, very elegant I think with a shoal of mini corydurus (cory's)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
wow, yours are so open, while my hubby crams loads of stuff into his . He's just got a tank off of freecycle that he wants to set up as a marine tank, though heaven knows how he's going to manage it, flaming expensive they are!

Lovely to see your tanks though
Rather him than me, marine are expensive and hard in my opinion to get right I have had tropical and also a tank for
Lake Malawi cichlids Malawi cichlids come from a rift lake in East Africa (Lake Malawi - hence the name ) that is very much
alkaline (pH 7.5 to around 8. yet has relatively soft to medium hard water at best. And is while not hard to keep is diffocult enough as any slight change is enough to cause a problem.
Even after keeping these succesfuly I would not attempt marine as it is so expensive to set up and keep. I have always been led to believe that the biggest in these sort of tanks is the best as they are more forgiving of slight errors.
This is what they look like, and are as colourful to keep as marine and the tank looks very much like a marine set up.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
28-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #8

Nice open tanks We have a rekord 60 and it is home to 4 African Dwarf Frogs(was 5 until wednesday ) they are 4 years old this year! I love my frogs, i find them so much hardier then fish, have never had a problem with them. We have kept various fish in the same tank and never been very successful So we will be sticking to just the frogs. Though the cats always loved watching the fish, they were fascinated by them, Rhino was too fascinated by them and somehow managed to get two out and dispose of them despite it having a lid! there was only ever a tiny gap at the back for a wire and its the only way he could have possibly got to them-it was immediately covered poor fishies, silly curious greedy cat!

I would like a new tank for the frogs though, our one is so ancient looking now. Would like it with sand this time