Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #1

Dank Dark Monday

It has turned cold, only 9 C (48 F) and raining!! Gave in and just turned the heat on, waiting for it to kick in. Very much below normal, average for today is 23 we may make 13. Leia has tried the radiators and keeps giving me reproachful looks as they were not warm; No other news except the abominable weather; had a lie-in and a few chores and pottering.

Hope all are having a good day, weatherwise and otherwise!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #2

Re: Dank Dark Monday

Hi Eileen - sorry about your horrid cold weather. Hope those radiators warm up quickly. That's a huge difference in your normal temperature. It's been an odd gloomy day here too, but not that cold 16C - 61F. It rained a bit earlier but we've had a few sunny patches - not a breath of wind.

My back is bad today - I suffered with back problems years ago, but have had no problems for ages. Suddenly I got this horrid twinge while I was in the shower this morning and at one point wondered how I was going to get dressed! Luckily, it was our regular chiropody appointment this morning - MIL and I have a visiting lady who also does reflexology. She found my back problem no trouble and the foot massage certainly helped. I have no idea how it works, but it does. I may just have to phone her tomorrow and get a couple more appointments, depending on how it is in the morning. Walking about is fine, it's just bending and turning that catches it.

I'm not going to crow about Europe winning the Ryder Cup - it was SO CLOSE. OH was on the edge of his seat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

it is very windy up here! few sunny patches, no rain(yet!). i watched my one and a half year old nephew for a few hours this morning, going to make a big pot of lentil soup soon, put some washing on then sit and watch the box with my ratties!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #4

Evening all, sorry your weather is so cold Eileen. Have to say it's been glorious here today.
Angie sorry to hear your back is bad but glad your getting some relief from your treatment.
Lyn, lentil soup sounds lovely will have to give that a go.
Busy day for me, work this morning then a hospital appointment with my son, then raceing back to send an urgent email and wouldn't you know it the computer played up.

Catsey Veteran

04-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

Lentil soup sounds good for a chilly evening, Lyn, why not post the recipe in the Recipe Sticky?

Angie, sorry about your back, hope it improves soon. Radiators ar nice and warm, HRH is sitting on the living room one now. It's stopped raining and up to 11C .... whoop-de-do!

Shelley, glad your coimpouter'sd OK now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #6

Afternoon, all.
60 degrees here though we had a chilly night into the 40s. It's bright right now but rain is expected.
Had a large run at the store yesterday, all stocked up to make cakes and cornbread and hearty meat and potatoes type dinners..it goes with the weather, I think.
Feel like I have a bit of a cold or allergies playing up..sniffling and sneezing and a bit of a sore throat. It's inevitable, every fall I seem to get sick, it's the one time of year my immune system fails me. It's not anything too bad yet though. Just gives me an excuse to curl up with a book and take it easy
I've noticed Solomon is most affectionate late into the night/early morning. Seems that's when he approaches me the most for some pets and cuddles. I think he is just too wound up the rest of the day and then busy sleeping it off to do otherwise
Found out my dad went to the ER on Friday; he thought he was having a stroke but it was just vertigo/panic attacks. He's having surgery on the 25th for cataracts. My mom has her first day returning to work today. I know she's nervous about it, I hope it goes well.
Not sure yet what the day will bring but I imagine I'll mostly be staying home.
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

04-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #7

Sorry you're feeling poorly, Tink, take care. I'm a great believer in taking Vitamin C to help ward off colds, haven't had one in years (knock wood!)

Hope your Dad's surgery goes well; I was scared to death of the op, unnecessarily as it was no where near as bad as I'd feared, and the difference in sight was incredible.

Watch out so Kuan Yin doesn't catch any of that cornbread.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
04-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #8

Been very sunny here today too, lovely change after all the rain yesterday-came home from a hospital appointment to find the cellar had flooded
Sorry to hear about your back Angie, hope it feels better soon.
Hope it warms up for you Eileen, I don't mind the cold but not when it's raining too.
I feel like I haven't posted in ages, although I do check in every now and then. I seem to spend all my time either at work, asleep or getting things ready for the baby these days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #9

oh recipes sticky! yes i may go put it up, i dont measure or weigh tho! i decided to add some bacon in aswell i make a few diff soups so will add as i come around to making them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #10

I think potato cheese soup would be lovely today..though I've never made it on my own before.