Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #1

Thursday....Yeap Thursday

Well not sure where the month has gone but its October tomorrow.

Nice day here, off out for a meal with friends tonight, thats one thing I will say for my operation and recovery I found out who my friends were and maybe more important had time to make time for them. And reaping the benefits now.
I have decided I will not slip backwards and take them for granted.

Anyhow a bit to do in the front but taking it easy.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #2

Re: Thursday....Yeap Thursday

Agree Kazz, this has been the fastest month in my life!
Today got my nails re-done and now off to lunch with a mate.
Weather NOT what they promised today and I have to take a brolly with me just in case, Humph!

Take care, see you all later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, PP and those to follow! OH and I have had our R&R today. We walked up on The Downs again - different route - very steep at the start and it took us (well me really) a whole hour to get to the top. Easier from then. Found a nice little bench for lunch just down from the trig point on Bow Hill. Saw buzzards, green woodpecker and sparrowhawk whilst we ate our sandwiches. Came back via part of the Monarch Way, which was not all that nice - very rough and loose flint under foot, but quite open so the views all around were good. Heard something which we believe must be the beginning of the deer rut. Nasty muddy smelly farmyard had to be walked through at the bottom just before we got back to the road. Nice cup of coffee in the car and then came home. We try to make the most of this time, especially as we don't know how long fair weather will last. It's actually raining now, we just got home in time. Just need to go and clean my boots and wash my rather smelly muddy socks!!!

Hope all Catseyers and feline companions are well today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #4

Oh Angie. Just think of the museums/art galleries/stately homes etc you can visit when the weather is bad. How fantastic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #5

Hi all. Horrible day weatherwise, the predicted heavy rains have come and will be coming until early evening. Have had 2.40" so far since midnight. Newspaper was double-bagged but was still wet then I brought it in Flooding anticipated in some areas; luckily I'm on high ground. Other than that. all's well here. Grocery delivery day, no need to go out.

Can't believe it's October tomorrow! Have a good day people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #6

Evening all - not been up to much today work and then popped to Argos and got myself a slow cooker - never used one before but decided it was about time I got one. Just cooking a chicken curry in it at the moment, got in on high as I would like to eat sometime today!!! LOL

Have a good evening everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #7

Hi, all. Late today, I know..
Still sunny...got some cleaning done as K's stepfather will be stopping by tomorrow (his mom just returned from a trip and supposedly brought a gift back for the cats?? curious!).
A book I've been dying to read has just come in for me at the library so I'll be heading over there as soon as I have a quick shower.
Solomon and Kuan Yin are batting back and forth a toy mouse ( I call that "kitty soccer") and Hestia is supervising (referee, perhaps?). By the way, does anyone else's cats "help" them sweep the floor?? Kuan Yin did as a kitten and now Solomon has taken that role..barreling into the pile and spreading it everywhere before I can get it in the dustbin
Have a good day, everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #8

Oh that's funny about the sweeping!. All of mine have been scared of a broom (why on earth, none were ever swatted or smacked!???); perhaps some old feline ancestral memory of witches and brooms?