Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #1

Water logged Wednesday

Rain, rain and more rain here
Been for a short sloshy walk with Malaika across the fields.
Done a few jobs and now having a quick catchup.
Please note the Quiz tonight will start around 8.15 when i finish Yoga, hope to see you there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #2

Re: Water logged Wednesday

It was dreadful when I left the house this morning at 6.30am. Pitch black + torrentional rain. I hate those sort of driving conditions where rain is so heavy and fast you have to really concentrate hard to see where you are going? Local roads were flooded.....

Never mind lunch time and the sun is shinning brightly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

It's just damp and grey here. No cold, not raining, but a sort of mizzle. Very low light levels but a bit of a breeze. Forecast is for heavy rain later this afternoon moving in from the West. I have a few cyclamen plants and will try and get them in before the rain starts!

I went to the gym this morning but there was nowhere to park and cars were queueing, so I turned round and came home again. Did some marching on the spot in the kitchen!!!

I am looking forward to the quiz this evening Shelley. I'll be there.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
29-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #4

its pouring down here has been all day, hopefully will clear up soon, iv got some training to put into the dogs, and its best done in mums back garden, if not it will just have to be in the kitchen or don my wellies (note to self, bring wellies in off balcony and allow time to dry) and over to the park where it will hopefully be quiet so i will beable to do some training there, recall especially and the finish, in mean time i have carpets and a kitchen to clean and cat litter trays, and a rat cage to do as well as some washings, shouldnt take me long though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #5

Hi all. not raining yet although a huge storm is barreling up the coast and expected to drench the area tonight and tomorrow, aaargh!! Presently gloomy, grey and damp, 18 C (64 F). Been to the market so won't need to go out tomorrow. I should do some yard work but not quite in the mood ... after lunch?

Hope all stay dry and get what they planned done. See you at the quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #6

What a miserable lot of weather today I've actually had a nice day as son's godmother came over for the day so it's been non-stop nattering, slagging off our OHs, discussing what we're both wearing for son's wedding, a lovely catch-up day

Morgan was very badly behaved though, he simply wouldn't leave her bag alone, couldn't understand it It was a large, soft bag and he had his nose in it constantly, getting very excited, then she realised what the reason was. One of her cats likes to snuggle up and go to sleep in this bag so poor old Morgan's nose was telling him there was a new cat around but he just couldn't find it, no matter how hard he tried Solved the problem by putting her bag on the worktop in the kitchen out of his reach, he settled down after that, eventually

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #7

Hi all - drove to work this morning in rain and mist so heavy I could hardly see two cars in front. Drove home tonight with sun so bright, glaring off the wet roads I could hardly see two cars in front

Not much else to report - see you at Quiz tonight.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #8

Afternoon, all!
Gorgeous day here, the sun is out but not too hot. 63 degrees but everything is pretty and bright. Forecast says it will stay this way through the weekend; let's hope!!
The cats are all running around like mad; I do think the weather has something to do with how frisky they are!
May go to the library to pick up some books soon but may put it off till tomorrow if the whole bunch isn't all arrived yet; three arrived for sure, the other three in transit as of this AM..
last night a creepy thing happened. it was a bit after midnight and was putting the ferrets to bed and getting ready to prepare the kitties dinner and the window was open and there was this horrible animal scream that went on for about ten seconds; all was still so it echoed; poor creature really sounded in pain. At first I thought it sounded like a cat but then by the end of it I was convinced it was a raccoon. Convinced K to walk with flashlight with me around the neighborhood. We couldn't find anything so I believe it must have scampered off or was hiding. Mind you, I'm not sure what I was planning to do if we did find it but it was such a gut wrenching scream I just needed to see if there was anything I could do. I hope the poor thing is okay or not in too much pain whatever happened--my fear is maybe someone set an inhumane trap but K tells me he doesn't think our neighbors would do that--whatever it was, it was hurt
I'll prob just try and catch up on housework (sunny days seem to motivate me to clean) and maybe get out to enjoy the sun if I have time.
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #9

Evening all, again! Raining pouring this morning so got stuck into the ironing and reducing my Sky+ store

The rain cleared this afternoon and I managed to weed out the annuals that have been beaten into submission. Gone are the petunias and verbena, the pea tendrils and the assorted nettles that got stuck between. The geraniums are hanging on and the osteospermum have had a second wind.

Missed most of the quiz tonight as I was watching George Gently. I think Martin Shaw is really hot!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Evening all, again! Raining pouring this morning so got stuck into the ironing and reducing my Sky+ store

The rain cleared this afternoon and I managed to weed out the annuals that have been beaten into submission. Gone are the petunias and verbena, the pea tendrils and the assorted nettles that got stuck between. The geraniums are hanging on and the osteospermum have had a second wind.

Missed most of the quiz tonight as I was watching George Gently. I think Martin Shaw is really hot!
Me too PP....