Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #1

Number 13, lucky for some

I think we are having another cat in. He is a feral cat who was taken into the vet my friend works at. All the rescues are full and don't want to take in a cat that will be hard to rehome. He was handed in to the vet after being found with neck injuries, like deep bite wounds, and a suspected fractured pelvis. He was going to be PTS, so my friend asked if we would take him- and we said yes.
She is keeping him until we can get Donald integrated with the others. We don't know if he has been neutered or Felv?FIV tested, he is very thin ans she thinks a young cat. We will keep him in the spare room once Donald is out and try to tame him down, we've done it before with Pumpkin and Mustard so I don't see why we can't do it again. Even if he wants to be a yard cat, once he has all the health treatment he needs, our yard is safe and away from roads for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #2

Re: Number 13, lucky for some

Another poor little kitty finding a safe haven with you, bless you for all that you do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #3

MrsH you took the words out of my mouth, as i was reading the post Safe Haven came straight into my mind.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #4

Bless you farthing. Hopefully he will find a safe haven with you and will settle down and be grateful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #5

Bless you for what you do for those poor waifs ....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired
25-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #6

Poor little mite......but thank goodness he's found you Farthing.....what a lovely lady you are......

With Pumpkin and Mustard, do you find they always have a feral trait in them, even when they've settled in.....or is it just a case of an unhappy beginning, but they become domesticated if given the chance?

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #7

Pumpking and Mustard were always nervous and not happy bing lifted but were cuddly in their own way. We lost Mustard earlier this year, but he adaptd to being tableted and being cared for very well. Pumpking comes onto the bed for a cuddle, and drools all over us, but if you go to him he hisses, but if you ignore him and start petting him he starts to purr and relax. He is very good at the vets, as was Mustard.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired
25-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #8

Our last cat Willow was almost feral (we rescued her from a filth bucket of a house....well, outhouse) when she was about 4 weeks old (still had blue eyes).

She was a lovely cat, but like your Mustard, never liked being picked up or cuddled.....and wouldn't have any other animal in the house......so in her case, always had the feral in her.......

I'm so sorry to hear about Mustard, we lost Willow (10) unexpectedly last year.....what a shock it is...........

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #9

I've been thinking about a name for him. I have a tidy kind of mind, although nothing physically is tidy around me thanks to Mike , but I like to have at least one animal name for every letter of the alphabet. I have all except a U since losing Una, and I'm thinking about Unwin for this boy, it means unfriendly which he most certainly is. What do you think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #10

I didn't know Unwin meant unfriendly ..... makes me think of the publishers by that name. A nice name.