Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #1

Windy, wet Wednesday

It's wild here, very windy and wet
Super exciting day cleaning the outside of the kitchen cupboards.
Have to fit in a Dog walk as well, then may research the new doll i got on Saturday.
Yoga tonight so will be a little late for the quiz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #2

Re: Windy, wet Wednesday

It's windy but sunny here. Not a good day overall as some rather devastating news (although not altogether unexpected) that will take some getting used to and will heap more stress on an already fraught existence.

Don't you wish sometimes you'd followed your head instead of your heart?

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
It's windy but sunny here. Not a good day overall as some rather devastating news (although not altogether unexpected) that will take some getting used to and will heap more stress on an already fraught existence.

Don't you wish sometimes you'd followed your head instead of your heart?
Sorry to hear this Yola and yes i'm sure we all sometimes wish we'd followed our head instead of our hearts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

I am very sorry to hear this Yola.

Windy and overcast with the odd sunny spot today. OH has heard that frost is forecast for the south on Friday night. That has GOT to be early.

Frantically wondering if I have anything that needs protection in the garden.

Looking forward to the quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #5

Thankfully, a dry day if perishing cold so able to get out and brush up the leaves with my fleece on. The wind was so strong yesterday it blew over my little greenhouse. It's a light tubular steel & plastic cover, so not the most sturdy thing. Thankfully its empty so I moved it to a less exposed position and anchored it down with bricks.

Yola, sending you my shoulder to cry on kiddo, sorry things are bad. I'm forever letting my heart rule my head with often disappointing consequences but you can't help your nature.
Angie, don't know if I'll be at the quiz tonight, depends if himself wants to go to the cinema, he's not certain yet.
Shelley, doll researching? is that for make and age etc.?

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #6

PP hope your greenhouse survived. I noticed my neighbours one was nearly flying free so i went round and gave them a knock. Unfortunately it was quite badly damaged.
I will be researching to find the age of the Doll, she is an Italian Lenci from about 1940 i think.
Hope you enjoy the pictures if you go, it's very expensive nowerdays.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #7

Yola, sorry to hear that; be strong; more stress is the last thing you need. (((hugs)))

Sunny here, a lovely morning if you like it cool, was only 16 C when I got up; it's 23 C (73 F) now, no breeze. No errands, just put out the rubbish and recycling bins for pickup tomorrow, working on Qs for the QUIZ tonight. Such an exciting life!Glad the greenhouse survived the winds, PP. Angie, that is early for a frost, hope you don't get it. Has anyone heard a forecast for the Winter? The acorn crop here seems to be heavy, not a good sign

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #8

I'm quite late today, aren't I? Some days it takes longer for my brain to kick in than others
Sorry about your news, Yola
Well, the sun decided to hide away today. K is having quite the lie in so I have my munchkins playing in the spare room so they won't wake him as everyone is feeling quite rambunctious
Solomon and Pino are quite the pair. I've got a video to upload of them playing..they go on for awhile till they wear each other out so I suppose it's good; only thing is Solomon is starting to think he can play that way with the others and they are reprimanding him that that is Not Acceptable. Hopefully he'll get the hint soon, it's mostly Kuan Yin he's being that way with and she's quite tough and outspoken so I'm not fretting too much over it. Hestia has not played with him since day one so I think there's less confusion between those two as she's never allowed any horseplay..where Kuan Yin he seems to be discussing "the rules" However, if I let Pino out, Solomon is quick to take it up with her so I think he's just got some extra adolescent energy to burn.
Feel a tad restless today. Might be because K is not so neat around the house..maybe I just need to go down the road to the library for an hour or two..sometimes that makes my head more clear..and I'm always cheerful when I come back with some good finds. I'm not in a bad mood, it's just I can tell my patience will wear thin if I don't get some "me time" soon so it's more a preventative
Picked up a gourmet Apple Caramel Walnut pie last night marked down by quite a bit (from $16 to $5!). It was in the frozen section so I gather it's just been sitting in the freezer too long for their liking; but it perfectly acceptable to me. I've warmed it in the oven and it is divine..
Have a good day, everyone.
I feel contemplative today; lots of deep thinking to be had

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #9

I guess Solomon can be a little confused about interspecies playing; I'm sure he and Kuan Yin will work out the rules. And dignified Ms Hestia doesn't play ... she is SO much like Patches who didn't play with Dandy.

Pie sounds yummy; did you get anything good at the library? Quiz was fun tonight, wish you'd popped on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #10

It ended up starting to rain so I wrote off the library idea That's all it takes to keep me from driving, I'm a picky one
Indulging in some more pie a la mode right now while I wait for the lasagna to cook in the oven