Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #1

Thursday & it's sunshine all the way

What a super day!
Ceri up the hospital so had a whole day to myself. Sat out the garden with my Daphne Du Maurier short stories book from Oxfam with the delicious aroma of blackberry tart wafting from the kitchen... ahhh!

Tom has just gone home with his dad and I need to fetch Ceri at 3.15. Just enough time to catch up on Catsey. Posh is asleep on the windowsill. Tried to get her a little bit alert for a hunting pic this morning but no way, she does get a little bit frisky but the moment never lasts long enough to find the camera and snap.

Well,better be off to the hospital, see you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #2

Re: Thursday & it's sunshine all the way

It's almost hot here!! All doors and windows open in the office and OH is kid-sitting today as I have an artworker here on a trial and needed to brief him.

I will be popping into Toys r Us on the way home because I want to get Sebi a game for the Leapster my Mum bought him as it's his birthday tomorrow. So I'll be wrapping presents tonight

As the weather is boding well for tomorrow I'm going to try and run the boys down to Bournemouth for the day - most kids have gone back to school now so the beaches shouldn't be too packed out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #3

Hi, PP, Yola, those to follow. Perfect day here, 29 C (84 F) and not a cloud in the sky, good breeze and low humidity: doesn't get much better than this. Been to the market and liquor store, just pottering now. Yola, happy birthday to Sebi for tomorrow; hope the beach will be great tomorrow. PP, blackberry tart sounds lovely, wish I could share a bite with you. Good luck getting Posh to co-operate in a photo shoot

Have a good day, peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #4

Afternoon all.

Just got in from work have taken Sal a tottle round the block...its hot. Weather here is perfect......perfect September, I tell you I think June and Sept have been better months in recent years than July & August.
And off out tonight for a meal with friends, speak later.

Yola...hope you got to the beach......sounds ideal.
Dm...enjoy your pottering.
PP...Sounds like an ideal way to spend the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #5

Just got in from work - my perfume oils have been delivered from perfume-parlour and I am very impressed - wearing flower bomb at the moment and it smells identical to the original.

Not much planned for this evening. Have a good one everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #6

Had a dental check-up this morning, all good! Popped into the nearest supermarket on the way back, Morrison's, the place was teaming with very ill-mannered children and ineffectual parents What gets me really hot under the collar is when the parents glare at you if you say "Excuse me" and reach past where their offspring are playing!

This afternoon we had a not very good walk in the woods with Morgan. The soldiers were on exercise so we had to keep him on the lead and he decided on pulling today! We've been working on this since we got him, none of our other dogs have failed to get it, but this one is just so lively. To cap it all, just as we were leaving there was a poodle cross coming the other way. Morgan just ran towards it ready for play and yanked the lead clean out of my hand. They thought he was a puppy and I was so embarrassed admitting that he's 2 years old. Which brings me back full circle to ill-mannered children and their ineffectual parents.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Had a dental check-up this morning, all good! Popped into the nearest supermarket on the way back, Morrison's, the place was teaming with very ill-mannered children and ineffectual parents What gets me really hot under the collar is when the parents glare at you if you say "Excuse me" and reach past where their offspring are playing!

This afternoon we had a not very good walk in the woods with Morgan. The soldiers were on exercise so we had to keep him on the lead and he decided on pulling today! We've been working on this since we got him, none of our other dogs have failed to get it, but this one is just so lively. To cap it all, just as we were leaving there was a poodle cross coming the other way. Morgan just ran towards it ready for play and yanked the lead clean out of my hand. They thought he was a puppy and I was so embarrassed admitting that he's 2 years old. Which brings me back full circle to ill-mannered children and their ineffectual parents.
You can always claim you are dog sitting......and he is a lodger.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #8

Lovely here too! My start of a cold turned into a full on swollen tonsils/fever and feeling lousy so haven't done much this week-just worked half days and slept lots!
Been out with Darcy for a lovely but very slow walk, baby seems to be pressing on a nerve which makes walking long distances a bit uncomfortable.
Invited my mum over for dinner tonight so better start prepping the vegetables!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #9

Hi all! Apologies for late arrival - OH and I have been out on a lovely walk, up to the top of Kingley Vale, but from the Stoughton side, up through the beech woods. Very nice - a bit of a long uphill trudge, but it was so beautiful on the top with perfect views both north and south. Had our sandwiches and watched Spotted Flycatchers (well we think they were!)

Came home only to find the Internet connection was down. It seems the fault of a "broken anti-virus update", so have had nothing until just before supper.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine - seems we have a few more days of lovely weather forecast tomorrow and over the weekend. Poor kiddywinks, back to school just as the weather cheers up. It's not fair.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #10

Pretty day here too!
K is having an outing with friends tonight so I'll have the house to myself for at least a few hours.
Not sure what I'll do today, probably just potter around..
Maybe I'll enjoy the sun while it's here
Solomon has been getting really lovey with me lately..I just love it!
Maybe I'll take more pics of the kids today..I love playing with the camera
Have a good day, everyone!